Doubt about attacking divisions involving long-range troops

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Doubt about attacking divisions involving long-range troops

I have a question about divisions with varying types of long-range troops.
      The question is whether when I group units of different range of fire if I know that the unit with the highest range will apply damage to the target, but I have observed that even the units with the shortest range do not apply the damage, they are in 'countdown'. An example would be for me to put a battleship and a cruiser in a division to attack a destroyer. It happens that when I send the division to attack, if it is far from the target, it will move until it attacks the target, through the damage of the battleship, so the cruiser would not apply damage, but he remains in the waiting period. For example, right after the battleship applies the damage, remove the cruiser from the division and immediately send him to attack the target, you will notice that he will not apply any damage, only after the period of 1 hour (normal speed maps) after the last shot of the battleship.

The same idea applies to ground troops together with long-range troops. A room with 1 tank and 1 artillery, together attack an infantry. If your division's attack occurs at 3:00 pm and you separate the tank from the artillery and have it attack the infantry, it will only apply damage after 4:00 pm, even if it reached the target before that.

Could you confirm it or would it be crazy in my head?
      (Sorry for the bad English) COW 1.0
      Felipe van Scheinrsweiger Operador de jogo | Call of War Bytro Labs GmbH | PT Comunitário de Apoio
    • van Schein wrote:

I used battleships and cruisers just as an example, don't focus so much on the type of troops I used, but on the idea of long-range troops.
      Yeah but he has a point, if it splits the battleship loses air protection, so the player would have to do complicated stuff to get the two ships to merge back into one group, whereas for the attacking you can just split the two ships. The same can be said with all sorts of units, for example in a large group all the destroyers might split off (since they have a range) and it would leave the other ships vulnerable to subs. And all units have ranges so WHO KNOWS when you want to split and when you don’t.
    • You are not understanding the purpose of the topic. The post is not about ships, but about long-range troops in general. The focus of the post is on long-range troops that counteract damage from other long-range (but shorter-range) and 'melee' troops.
      Felipe van Scheinrsweiger Operador de jogo | Call of War Bytro Labs GmbH | PT Comunitário de Apoio
    • You are correct. The timer applies to the entire stack, regardless of range.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<