Unit Graphics

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unit Graphics

I appreciate the effort being put into unit graphics, including country and level variations. They are nice to look at. Sadly, the graphics detract from the game rather than making it better. To put it bluntly, the more detailed/miniaturized the graphics, the harder it is to see what's what. A more icon-based look would make the game easier on my eyes. This would make the game more playable and more enjoyable, for me, and whoever else is squinting into their phone or small laptop screen.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Sadly, the graphics detract from the game rather than making it better.
      This is the only part I disagree with, current graphics aren't big draw backs, but could agree that maybe there should be an option on the settings that have troop icons rather than actual troop graphs. This would make the game easier to look at for some.

I never thought about this and some users may not like it as the idea doesn't sound like it fits the game's general graphic style but as long as it is an option I don't think there are any disadvantages.

Personally speaking, I would probably use it.at least on mobile.

Edit: Just saw the other thread and I see why some disagreed as the first few sentences alone indicate the graphics are disliked because someone is having hard time learning which unit is which, but if you read further the complaint is to remind that some people have difficulties telling the small details apart from each other.

Trying too hard to tell them apart can also be hurtful for vision.

Honestly I will be looking forward to see this added as an option if the thread receives a positive response.

The post was edited 1 time, last by h4zel ().

• Sure, some people like more some like less intricate graphics. Depends on the player's vision (which goes with age) and the capabilities of their device.

Normally, I wouldn't say anything about this. But the graphics have been getting more intricate (by country and even by level) which is making the problem worse for me with every update.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Sure, some people like more some like less intricate graphics. Depends on the player's vision (which goes with age) and the capabilities of their device.

Normally, I wouldn't say anything about this. But the graphics have been getting more intricate (by country and even by level) which is making the problem worse for me with every update.
      You can always change the graphics by clicking the settings in the bottom right corner.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Sure, some people like more some like less intricate graphics. Depends on the player's vision (which goes with age) and the capabilities of their device.

Yeah, there should be an option that displays units as small and less detailed pics that imply the unit type. (a star, a box or something that is minimalistic yet fitting the unit type lol)

RiverWolf74 wrote:

z00mz00m wrote:

You can always change the graphics by clicking the settings in the bottom right corner.
      Those settings don't change how units are displayed as in the way it is wanted in the suggestion, thus this reply is kinda irrelevant.