Bug or normal?: 20 rebellions in a day?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Nn gg wrote:

what kind of a joke is this?! This is my capital
      ive checked, literally all are falling. DC is now 32, some of my cores are 27
      What’s going on?
      As you are not providing sufficient food and oil to maintain your provinces they are revolting. Maintaining an empire means actually providing for your citizens.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • FinnDaddy wrote:

Nn gg wrote:

What’s going on?
      I didn't have time to read through all of the post past this one where you posted a core province pic with the morale penalties. Hopefully newer players have time to read through this wall of text. A major part of this is your doing and within your control and I will provide some tips. I will go over the stuff that has changed recently, the errors you are making now, and tips on how to manage morale in the current environment.
      The not your fault portion-Part of the problem is that in 1.0 games, you now need 10 base strength to prevent revolt in a 25 morale country you have taken over, which can be 2-4 units. This is unrealistic unless you only take over a few territories and then split your army to position for day change. The second change is they fixed a bug that prevented a lot of revolt and made it so the stated revolt chance never happened, plus units were not switching sides like the devs intended (I totally want to abolish this). The last thing is that the AI diplomacy has changed, so if you attack one, they are unlikely to set you back to peace. They may even declare war on you if your reputation is bad. (This is unrealistic for smaller countries to not want peace with an aggressive stronger country and needs to be changed in future updates).

Major errors that you are making- The insanely huge error I can see right away is that you have a food shortage and goods shortage that is adding massive penalties to EVERY province you own. This results in a downwards spiral, reducing the production in your cores, exacerbating the problem for the next day change. The worst way to solve this is to produce more units and take more territory on a different continent. The second error I can see from the photo is that you had troops that are not strong enough to prevent revolt on territory centers and they obviously flipped to Brazil because I see Brazil is fighting you and has units in areas that you said was yours before day change. Another error I see is in the way you are attacking an AI country. You are better off cutting strait to the AI capital and take it right before day change. This is true even if you are exposing more border and could loose a few territories to AI units counter attacking because the sooner you take the capital, the sooner the AI will build a new one for you to do the same thing the next day. This prevents revolts in the new territory and prevents your units from switching sides.

Tips-
      1. Make sure you have a stockpile of food and goods at day change, especially if you are running negative.
      2. Reduce the number of countries with at war status. Anything below 5 will help.
      3. because you are at war with 5 countries already and cant seem to reduce that number, take closer AI capitals to help morale. Take them right before day change to help prevent revolts on new territory or take it right after day change to give you increased production all day. (depends on if the big problem is newly taken territory or if you cant get a handle on the supply shortages). Do not wipe these AI out, just bombard their units and wait for them to build a new capital.
      4. As mentioned above, B-line for the enemy capital. Rinse and repeat. The faster you take it the more you will get. Be mindful of the timing if you want to protect newly taken territory and units on them with strength less than 10 base strength (does not include terrain bonus).
      5. For day change, never position units on territories with a chance of revolt when they are sitting on it. You need 10 strength in COW 1.0. Position them just off center and they can retake the territory if it revolts, but they will not flip sides themselves. Its just not worth controlling a territory at risk of loosing a unit that you will then have to defeat.
      6. Moving the capital should be a last resort because your core producing provinces need to be close to the capital to produce. To prepare to move the capital away from the core, build forts and infrastructure in them to maintain production. For me, I only do this when I have lots of food and goods and am having trouble with overseas morale. Even then, it is either near the end of the match or temporary.
      7. Slow down on the territory grabs because it will exacerbate food and goods shortages. The larger the area you take beyond territory you own with decent morale, the larger the negative morale penalty from "neighbors". If you cant get to an enemy capital before day change, decide on the provinces you most certainly don't want to revolt and divvy up your army to position for day change. If you can spare, place some forts or infrastructure on key places.
      8. Morale recovery can also be improved by reducing the borders with enemies by day change.
      9. For key areas that you want to hold, build infrastructure or forts and the higher morale will reduce morale penalties on neighboring territories.
      10. Here is something I wrote about capital farming: How to capital farm quickly?

too late, DC fell
      hi
    • Nn gg wrote:

VorlonFCW wrote:

Nn gg wrote:

What’s going on?
      As you are not providing sufficient food and oil to maintain your provinces they are revolting. Maintaining an empire means actually providing for your citizens.
      maybe don’t put them at $30/1 food/oil!
      You just have to make sure they have enough at day change, so 5 minutes to day change buy 100 oil and food
    • Nn gg wrote:

VorlonFCW wrote:

Nn gg wrote:

What’s going on?
      purchasing from the market is a short term solution.

Managing all the aspects of economic production and province morale is a key to a successful Call of War experience. Ignore these mechanics at your own peril.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Nn gg wrote:

It's not the devs who make that choice; things start off at a certain price and then new offers made by the AI or player respond to supply and demand. If a resource is in high demand it's price will naturally go up.

RiverWolf74 wrote:

You just have to make sure they have enough at day change, so 5 minutes to day change buy 100 oil and food
      Incorrect. The scale of the penalty applied at day change depends on how long during the day the provinces failed to be supplied for. If you only supply them for a few minutes a day you will have quite a large penalty, whereas if you only temporarily fail to supply them you will have a small penalty.