Food Issues on the 100 player map

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Congratulations, you are a consummate architect. If he wins a war without troops only buildings ... Game ever gave you the possibility to 3-400 provinces can keep an army with only minimal industrial upgrade. With 800 provinces it does not seem normal to have the same rudimentary army as well one with 200 provinces :)
  • I called it dumbed-down, as in fitting the level of the majority of players, who are just to lazy or otherwise 'challenged' to run their empires.

Let's now all start crying for more oil... and there shall be oil.

What a dumb move, devs...
  • omg @_Pontus_ and @Joneleth you two really are a couple of demeaning idiots. <- not meant as an insult or profanity, but as in the fact that you are idiots.

Now, finally it is possible to build a large army, be at war with several countries without having to focus all energy in building forts and infrastructure in places where it doesn't make sense. Now I can build forts on the frontline instead or perhaps use that metal to actually build some tanks?

I simply don't agree with you about the non existent food issue. Yes if you have a small army and waged no wars of course there isn't a food issue.

On a map I'm at war with 6 nations, every core province (yes all of them) is completely built up with forts/infrastructure and the ones that produce something of course with lvl 5 IC, and all my large non-core food provinces are also built up with forts and IC/infra.

I have a midsized army, massive airforce and large navy.

Still have -170 food after the update. And NO I did NOT mismanage my country. SO STOP SAYING IT.
    Sincerely, wildL
    EN Mod
    Report a problem

• wildL wrote:

omg @_Pontus_ and @Joneleth you two really are a couple of demeaning idiots. <- not meant as an insult or profanity, but as in the fact that you are idiots.

Now, finally it is possible to build a large army, be at war with several countries without having to focus all energy in building forts and infrastructure in places where it doesn't make sense. Now I can build forts on the frontline instead or perhaps use that metal to actually build some tanks?

I simply don't agree with you about the non existent food issue. Yes if you have a small army and waged no wars of course there isn't a food issue.

On a map I'm at war with 6 nations, every core province (yes all of them) is completely built up with forts/infrastructure and the ones that produce something of course with lvl 5 IC, and all my large non-core food provinces are also built up with forts and IC/infra.

I have a midsized army, massive airforce and large navy.

Still have -170 food after the update. And NO I did NOT mismanage my country. SO STOP SAYING IT.
    Alright, you alternatively managed your country... To a food deficit. After the food update im over 1k food per hour with over 300 units army size.
  • Dude .... army need to be proportional to population size and provinces owned. with abouth 700 provinces, i cannot have just 200 units ... or 300 ;) why ???? because 1 player who have 400 provinces have the same amount of units but without food deficit ;) If is to hard for you to understand ... please give me a reason why you need to build for in your core province and not where is the war ??? Why with much provinces i need to invest just building ... without make army strenght like me teammate with 300 provinces :)
    What i sayd first time, i dont wanna be force to build IC and Infr if i dont wanna make a big production ;) Because enemy with attack me with troops not with Buildings :) if they capture my prov i will lose some level if i recapture. Right ? this game need to be free... who want to make army or who want to make both or who make leave in love and peace and hugs like architect ;)
    p.s. if i want to make just army let me to do that ... if i find a player who have army more strenght like me... will can easy beat me :) if you want to be sure, to win a game, you need 50 % build 50% army ... but not 100% to build IC and infr and Forts ... is not fair play ... you know really well befor make 200 prov you will be great with a big army and no food deficit, without make any upgrade ... just core prov ... after you pass 300-400 prov you need to kill your army ...
  • Catalin92 wrote:

Dude .... army need to be proportional to population size and provinces owned. with abouth 700 provinces, i cannot have just 200 units ... or 300 ;) why ???? because 1 player who have 400 provinces have the same amount of units but without food deficit ;) If is to hard for you to understand ... please give me a reason why you need to build for in your core province and not where is the war ??? Why with much provinces i need to invest just building ... without make army strenght like me teammate with 300 provinces :)
    What i sayd first time, i dont wanna be force to build IC and Infr if i dont wanna make a big production ;) Because enemy with attack me with troops not with Buildings :) if they capture my prov i will lose some level if i recapture. Right ? this game need to be free... who want to make army or who want to make both or who make leave in love and peace and hugs like architect ;)
    p.s. if i want to make just army let me to do that ... if i find a player who have army more strenght like me... will can easy beat me :) if you want to be sure, to win a game, you need 50 % build 50% army ... but not 100% to build IC and infr and Forts ... is not fair play ... you know really well befor make 200 prov you will be great with a big army and no food deficit, without make any upgrade ... just core prov ... after you pass 300-400 prov you need to kill your army ...
    Who says it needs to be proportional to the population size and provinces owned? the whole point of non core provinces was to stop large nations from auto winning the game.

Did Germany in WW2 at the height of its expansion have an army correlation to its landmass? No not even close, because most of its provinces was non core.

I get it you want to be big and bad and dominate everyone else simply from being bigger. But the game is specifically designed to only give you a small edge from having increased provinces, not let you auto win.

It is suppose to get harder the larger you get not easier, othervise you already won the game the moment you get a little bigger than anyone else. Thats also the only thing that stops people from just steamrolling the world fueled by their own expansion.

If you dont like managing an empire then dont get one, stay on your core provinces and feel bad ass about your province to army ratio.
  • Catalin, sadly, you need to adapt differently to each map. If the devs were to give you limitless of every resource, then there is no struggle to power. To what I see, the new food system did a lot of help on the 100p map as far as food production goes. If you are still in the red, it is at least not nearly as bad as before.
    Free Time looks good on me
  • Oso Major wrote:

Catalin, sadly, you need to adapt differently to each map. If the devs were to give you limitless of every resource, then there is no struggle to power. To what I see, the new food system did a lot of help on the 100p map as far as food production goes. If you are still in the red, it is at least not nearly as bad as before.
    No i dont have anymore... i have +700/food because i invest all my resources last 6 days to make forts where i dont need them ... in my center to build forts ... and army +0 recruited....

If you want to be real this game, dont tell me you move capital to take more land ... in history ??? who move his capital just to take more land ??? Who build forts inside territory if is not danger to come enemy ?

Dude, you can build... but if i come to you and i will reset your provinces and citys ... what you say ??? you build it again ??? how you def if you dont have army ? if 2 players with 150 units army come on me ... now i will lose ... because i dont have army ... i have just resources ... but ... my moral will go down... my production will go down... = invested resource in nothing... because will dont have nothing :)

Btw 50 tactical bombers (level 3) cannot destroy 1 medium tank (who is in city lvl 2 no forts nothing...) with 1 shot ??? i need 3 time to attack him ? :))
    And why on my airplane i find 17% base damage efficiency ??? i have 1 stack with 50 ...
  • Catalin92 wrote:

Oso Major wrote:

Catalin, sadly, you need to adapt differently to each map. If the devs were to give you limitless of every resource, then there is no struggle to power. To what I see, the new food system did a lot of help on the 100p map as far as food production goes. If you are still in the red, it is at least not nearly as bad as before.
    No i dont have anymore... i have +700/food because i invest all my resources last 6 days to make forts where i dont need them ... in my center to build forts ... and army +0 recruited....
    If you want to be real this game, dont tell me you move capital to take more land ... in history ??? who move his capital just to take more land ??? Who build forts inside territory if is not danger to come enemy ?

Dude, you can build... but if i come to you and i will reset your provinces and citys ... what you say ??? you build it again ??? how you def if you dont have army ? if 2 players with 150 units army come on me ... now i will lose ... because i dont have army ... i have just resources ... but ... my moral will go down... my production will go down... = invested resource in nothing... because will dont have nothing :)
    I dont think this is the right game for you, you should find a hack n slash game, you know where you only need to press one button and not worry about stuff. Who cares about strategic building placement when you could just build army and smash stuff right?
  • Have you tried to expand more slowly so that your morale is not so low? Because by your many.. Many complaints, I would say you are over expanding and not letting your provinces regain morale. This is a strategy game that involves much more than fighting. As far as moving a capital goes; you are not forced to do so, but it is an option offered to you.
    Free Time looks good on me
  • If i play with inactive player who dont expand, Yes i have enough time to make buildings ... but when i play with active players ... :) is not good... i need to make my own decision where i need to make forts, or when i want to incrase my food or resources ...
    In the first 10 days you cannot expand to much ... but when you have 100 prov and your enemy have 100 prov ... what you can do ??? You ask him to fight just with 10 prov at a 2 days ? :)

Now the problem solved ...
  • Catalin92 wrote:

Oso Major wrote:

Btw 50 tactical bombers (level 3) cannot destroy 1 medium tank (who is in city lvl 2 no forts nothing...) with 1 shot ??? i need 3 time to attack him ? :))
    And why on my airplane i find 17% base damage efficiency ??? i have 1 stack with 50 ...
    I usually plit them up in smaller groups if there is no heavy anti-air defence for maximalising their damage.

Oso Major wrote:

Have you tried to expand more slowly so that your morale is not so low? Because by your many.. Many complaints, I would say you are over expanding and not letting your provinces regain morale. This is a strategy game that involves much more than fighting. As far as moving a capital goes; you are not forced to do so, but it is an option offered to you.
    If you mean taking small breaks inbetween conquering oponents it can help you recover morale. But... there is a risk that someone is going to invade you whether you like it or not. And so, you are in a war again. Or a whole bunch of guys declaring war on you because "you have become to big". Not much you can do to save your morale (morale = economy).
  • Catalin92 wrote:

And why on my airplane i find 17% base damage efficiency ??? i have 1 stack with 50 ...Btw 50 tactical bombers (level 3) cannot destroy 1 medium tank (who is in city lvl 2 no forts nothing...) with 1 shot ??? i need 3 time to attack him ? :))
    Its called stacking penalty, the more you have of one unit in one stack the less damage they do, so when you group it all into one super stack its super useless. Doesnt this register for you at all, if you dont even know basic concepts as stacking penalties do you honestly think you can give valid imput on balance of the game?