Food Issues on the 100 player map

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Joneleth wrote:

_Pontus_ wrote:

Thanks Jonathan for supporting the "THERE S NO FOOD PROBLEM" point of view with your facts :)
    Why is people calling me Jonathan?
    My average morale in my 800 province game is 80,7%
    First off, I dunno, Jonathan. :D
    Second off, in my best matches, my average morale and food production is:
    As Nigeria: Morale is 96.47% and food production is +173/hour
    As New Zealand: Morale is 100.00% and food production is +133/hour

In my Nigerian match, I have 62 units. In my New Zealand match, I have 137 units. Just goes to show that with good management comes a good empire.
    It's been a while
  • That depends on your definition of a good empire. 62 units and 137 units are not enough to forge and defend a big empire.

I have to mention that wenn I had 600VP I had 300+food/hour (=7.2k daily) as Romania before maxing out on industrial complexes in my core. Now I break equall and I'm fullly maxed out of foodproduction in my core for some days. That 7.2k didn't go completely to my army that I made bigger, but most too upkeep of civillians.

I still stand by my point that the food concept needs some adjustments as the mathematical arguments proved (which is more worth than case reports, although they should lead to the same conclusion) it is damn hard to keep your food eco going in the positive direction. Moraal needs some attention too. Without conquering capitals on a frequent basis the edges of your empire(assuming you have the max moraal penalty of -39 from distance to the capital, a war or 2 going on and neighbouring provinces) will have moraal dropping to below 20%. If you reach a stalemate with 10 players left all will be suffering hard from moraal issues for days and with that comes food issues for sure.

Does anybody see it possible to make mechaniced infantery from like 4 active barracks (4 barracks is not much, but they do consume 1k food each daily. 4 barracks is enough to have a decent amount of mechaniced infantery after 1 week, still to slow for me thb.)?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Azkazan ().

• Joneleth wrote:

So now Im currently at 800 provinces spanning just over half the world without building any IC on any food provinces except my core, and im still up plus 400 food a hour. Either people completly neglect to maintain their morale or improve their food provinces but I think i can pretty solidly confirm there is no food problem.
    Put 1 pict here, and after i will trust you ;)

+ 400/h food ? :) Yeah ... if you play with inactive i know ... you conquer 2-3 capitals and you have food ... but after 2-3 days ? When moral will go down ? What you make ???

532 provinces, and i have -380/h food ... and my average morale will drop more ...
    And yes ... dont ask if baracks is off and construction IC and infr
  • BTW, yes... who want to win 100 players map need to play with Romania !!!
    IF you play with Central Rusia or New Zeeland you will lose because this game is so awsome and you have 100% moral and your food prod is ....

And be sure, more than 1 wars at a time you dont need ;) If 4 person declare war... your moral will drop more and more ... and you suc.s . What is the final conclusion ? Play with AI and attack just 1 AI at month... and you have food and army...
  • Catalin92 wrote:

Joneleth wrote:

So now Im currently at 800 provinces spanning just over half the world without building any IC on any food provinces except my core, and im still up plus 400 food a hour. Either people completly neglect to maintain their morale or improve their food provinces but I think i can pretty solidly confirm there is no food problem.
    Put 1 pict here, and after i will trust you ;)
    + 400/h food ? :) Yeah ... if you play with inactive i know ... you conquer 2-3 capitals and you have food ... but after 2-3 days ? When moral will go down ? What you make ???

532 provinces, and i have -380/h food ... and my average morale will drop more ...
    And yes ... dont ask if baracks is off and construction IC and infr
    In both games Ive entered massive wars in the last 24-36 hours so the values are less impressive now than before but still holding fairly strong.

postimg.org/image/b81uyc8e3/

This one is my small game where im only at 400 provinces, true in this game I can still kill AI nations here and there but im not really that spread out and my morale wont go much lower than it is now, even then I have nearly not done any upgrades to my food provinces except core and a few Infrastructure.

postimg.org/image/je104dq45/

This is my large game where im at 800 provinces, im currently at war with 4 nations and 8 of my high morale developed food provinces got ravaged so my food production has fallen some 6k a day. Though in this game we are only 15 Nations left, its been over a week since I last took a capital and there has not been any AI nations for a long time.

And in neither of these games do i have a double food province.
  • _Pontus_ wrote:

Quote of the alternative manual by Czar Hellios (to be found in the thread where it is on the forum...go look for it):

"I have observed that up to this date, the majority of players mismanage said resources, and complain on the forum of “Grain/Manpower is an issue. To high or too low. Worst of all of these, they mismanage time. "
    Freely adapted to the situation:
    "I have observed that up to this date, the majority of players mismanage their resources, and complain on the forum of “XYZ-resource is an issue". To high or too low. Worst of all of these, they mismanage time. "
  • Joneleth wrote:

Really ? can you put 1 pic with your province and your build just on core prov on food ?
  • 1) Playing as Alberta. A comfortable positive food production. Dropped like 50 overnight mainly due too capturing 2 urban provinces. I have small stocks of everything,e xcept for food. Waitin for heavy tank research to be finished before spending. As you can see I have develloped some roads in non-core provinces that have descent moraal. I havn't conquered a capital in like 3 weeks, so moraal is stabilized. The rockets belong to my rocket shield to thin out enemy units if they invade near my core. Rockets don't have upkeep costs and you have to spend rares on something. My army doesn't consume that much, but expanding all into south america and Europe will for sure make me go negative in food production (moraal).

This world is fairly competitive, Last AI has been wiped out after 1 week of playing. Not being able to conquer capitals like crazy makes this world more diffecult.

501 VP 74% moraal average.

2) Romania. No competition. Lots of AI. My resource stock says it all. Yes I do spend in on rebuilding in certain provinces, so I can make armies in various places (tanks are damn slow if they have to go from Romania to Japan. Also notice I did develop infrastructure in non-core food producing provinces with reasonable moraal.

1205 VP and 72% average moraal. Lots of capitals have fallen to me.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Azkazan ().

• Because you play against AI ;)if you play with active players you dont have that prod food ;) When remain only 10-15 active players and no capital to take . what you do ? your average moral will remain 80-90% ???

I play with North Ural , and in Africa continent i have moral stabe at 10-15 % .... what i need to make ? baracks to lvl 5 ?!?!?!?! How you can win this game with 75% of territory ??? If i go in america i think my moral will be -50% ...
  • Catalin92 wrote:

Joneleth wrote:

Really ? can you put 1 pic with your province and your build just on core prov on food ?
    So much for you believing me if i posted 1 pic, i gave you 2 and now you want even more.

I am done trying to help you, if you want to just cry over your food and disbelieve anything to the contrary then be my guest. Ill continue winning meanwhile.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Joneleth ().

• Man ... i dont know more english ... but you are ...
    Ok, i understand ... if you build you have food ;) But... you dont win a game just with building ;) With your prod i understand what a game you play. Full of AI and Inactive players. With that food consum for unit i understand you have around 150 units ... With 800 prov ... are you joking no ?

Btw ... for real wars you dont have food ... for play with AI and Inactive players ... yes ... you have food ;)
    Welcome to real world... If I was with you on the map ...
    151k goods and you say all your game activity :)