Is this for real?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is this for real?

I attacked a fleet of 6 Battleships tier 1 and 1 Aircraft carrier tier 1. I had 5 Battleships tier 2, 4 Submarines tier 2, 8 Cruisers tier 1, 4 Destroyers tier 1, and about 10 land units in a transport ships tier 3. He whipped me almost like nothing. The only thing I did was splitting some units (submarines and cruisers) so they can come closer to the enemy fleet. Is this a reason for my defeat or is it something else? Btw he is not a gold player for sure.
    • Splitting units is a bad idea... If he stacked his units then he has a better chance in defeating your units. This game is not about micromanagement. It is better to look at your troop strength and the enemy's before engaging armies/fleets.
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker
    • Naval bombers can also do the trick. They are quicker.

- Sun Tzu

-Krieg Maker

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker
    • KriegMaker wrote:

Splitting units is a bad idea... If he stacked his units then he has a better chance in defeating your units. This game is not about micromanagement. It is better to look at your troop strength and the enemy's before engaging armies/fleets.
      I can't imagine a situation where you would lose this battle with this troop setup, unless you just stand still and don't return fire at all. Therefore there are also no real tips I can give you. Some other factors must have been at play here (e.g. other damage sources), or certain necessary information was omitted in this report.
    • I stacked four naval bombers and it did fine. The planes took like 5 to 10 percent health damage per attack. also, I do not find the 3 defense damage against air units troubling. If however the player used cruisers with his combination to his fleet I would have second thoughts in sending my planes.

freezy wrote:

KriegMaker wrote:

Splitting units is a bad idea... If he stacked his units then he has a better chance in defeating your units. This game is not about micromanagement. It is better to look at your troop strength and the enemy's before engaging armies/fleets.
      I can't imagine a situation where you would lose this battle with this troop setup, unless you just stand still and don't return fire at all. Therefore there are also no real tips I can give you. Some other factors must have been at play here (e.g. other damage sources), or certain necessary information was omitted in this report.

It could be that the opponent was being crafty. He could have out maneuvered him or so. I agree though, there's a lot of things omitted with his post. It could be poor execution of his strategy.

- Sun Tzu

-Krieg Maker

-Krieg Maker

-Krieg Maker

The post was edited 3 times, last by KriegMaker ().

• I expect your opponent had submarines either in that stack or nearby.

It is possible that the enemy had say 20 subs in that stack with the battleships, thus absorbing damage from your bombardment. The subs would remain stealthy unless in direct close combat.

Your enemy could have also brought submarines or other naval ships to the battle. Subs of course would be visible if they directly attacked your group, but additional battleships may have bombarded from outside of visual range.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

I expect your opponent had submarines either in that stack or nearby.

It is possible that the enemy had say 20 subs in that stack with the battleships, thus absorbing damage from your bombardment. The subs would remain stealthy unless in direct close combat.

Your enemy could have also brought submarines or other naval ships to the battle. Subs of course would be visible if they directly attacked your group, but additional battleships may have bombarded from outside of visual range.
      but usually when battleships bombard outside view range, I can tell as for me it says:
      <number> Convoy
      then below it says:
      Bombarding <your troop units >
      hi