You can still make outdated equipment

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• You can still make outdated equipment

Now i love the new research system in 1.5 and how cost progresses as you research higher and higher tiers but you should be able to make older equipment, since in one game i don't have the resources to make my upgraded rocket all the time but with the previous lvl i could.Also you can require lower lvl facilities that will only be used for a short time due to it being out of range of the front or the enemy capturing it.
    • Seaexplorer99 wrote:

If you mean that all units are made at lvl 1 all the time no matter the building lvl i don't mean that.What i mean is to choose what lvl you want to make a unit which is optional and automatically it goes to the highest lvl available.
      This would make the game more complicated. The same unit type will exist at multiple levels, with differing capabilities and movement speeds. I personally hate this idea. Units should upgrade all at once, and you should not be able to build an old unit design. Make upgrades part of research cost! If I have a lot of units that would benefit from the upgrade, make the research cost more! So much easier and more elegant.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Seaexplorer99 wrote:

If you mean that all units are made at lvl 1 all the time no matter the building lvl i don't mean that.What i mean is to choose what lvl you want to make a unit which is optional and automatically it goes to the highest lvl available.
      This would make the game more complicated. The same unit type will exist at multiple levels, with differing capabilities and movement speeds. I personally hate this idea. Units should upgrade all at once, and you should not be able to build an old unit design. Make upgrades part of research cost! If I have a lot of units that would benefit from the upgrade, make the research cost more! So much easier and more elegant.
      Well the old design would make production faster and it would add more strategy to the game.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Manually tracking and applying upgrades does not add strategy.
      It adds more annoying micro-management, similar to the 15 minute patrol tick.
      Please, please, please don't go down this road. Please.
      But sometimes you don’t have to add upgrades...sometimes you use need a quick low-level unit to quickly take a rebelled province or something like that.