Observations and early game guide!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Observations and early game guide!

Here are some of my observations in my games. This is my early game strategy therefore you can criticize me or correct my methods if you want.

1. At early game "always" consolidate and regroup your forces at least to stacks of 3 to 4 above. This will kill mostly any army who would zerg rush at you.

2. Look at the roads of your provinces and where they lead to. Any unprotected paths can be troublesome to defend especially if you wake up only to see that the enemy is 2 minutes away from a city that is undefended. Make sure that all the roads that lead to the vital points of your country is well defended.

3. Always secure your borders if it is strategically placed. If not, do not be afraid to abandon it. Take it back later when you are gaining ground against your enemy.

4. Do not afraid to loose territory at early game if your enemy is being too aggressive. But do not lose too much territory. Use maneuvers and tricks especially if your opponent is not scouting at you. You should always outsmart your enemy.

5. Focus on defensive units and strategy first but do not waste too much resources on it. Always remember your resources is your lifeline in winning or surviving the game.

6. Know the worth of your cities and capital. They are the most important places in your country. These are where your resources are produced the most. If placed close to the enemy's territory you "cannot" loose it. If you can delay their advance then do it. If you can spam units to defend it then do it. Abandon it only if there's no hope for defending it. Retake it ASAP once you are winning against your enemy.

7. Be kind to your neighbors for they can be your greatest asset or threat. Make good relations with your neighbor, a good alliance is the greatest asset that you can get in game.

8. Research based on your doctrine and geography. You do not want to research ships if you are in a landlocked country or heavily on tanks if you are surrounded by sea.

9. Lastly know where to invest. Focus on the most effective units to upgrade. Do not research too much with units that are deemed not necessary to your strategy.

I know this is a confusing guide. I am pretty new to this game and I haven't got a grasp of how this game is really meant to be played. At least though this guide may allow some clueless players to survive longer against more experienced adversaries. This post also serves as a compilation of my observations of the game.

Always remember this quote "All warfare is based on deception." Credits to the one who made the quote. That's all, thank you.
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker

The post was edited 1 time, last by KriegMaker ().

• KriegMaker wrote:

At early game "always" consolidate and regroup your forces at least to stacks of 3 to 4 above. This will kill mostly any army who would zerg rush at you.
      I generally only stack my armored cars with three other infantry.

You might want to add not researching militia, as it really isn't worth it.

KriegMaker wrote:

Always secure your borders if it is strategically placed. If not, do not be afraid to abandon it. Take it back later when you are gaining ground against your enemy.
      I always try to build fortifications along my borders, so that they are less vulnerable to attack. The downside to this is if the enemy takes it, it is harder for you to take back.

KriegMaker wrote:

Focus on defensive units and strategy first but do not waste too much resources on it. Always remember your resources is your lifeline in winning or surviving the game.
      Very true. Nothing else needs to be said.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • KriegMaker wrote:

7. Be kind to your neighbors for they can be your greatest asset or threat. Make good relations with your neighbor, a good alliance is the greatest asset that you can get in game.
      Sounds kind of spiritual, but it's truthful ... And with the advent of elite AI nations a few months ago, you are penalized for been too aggressive- I try not to be at war with more than 2 nations at a time ... 8)