Add a new treaty feature

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Add a new treaty feature

Whether it is a commercial, alliance, peace, defensive, non-aggression pact, etc. To be able to add war reparations or the exchange of provinces. Add an expiration time for treaties. I know that everything I have just said is possible throught the diplomacy secction but you only get to have the word of players (only in paper), they often betray or do not subdue to the treaties. Perhaps It would be better if we as players had the option to formalize this treaties, of course, we will be able to use as always the diplomatic section for this purpose, but sometimes we would just want to go one step ahead.
    • Formalising treaties is an interesting idea.

I think existing treaty features can be improved as well. For instance, a distinction between the "ceasefire" and "peace" functions, and perhaps a trade embargo could do a little bit more, because I rarely see players sell resources in the market. I wonder if trade embargos acted more like trade blockades and can worsen trade prices, then maybe it will actually hurt someone.

Diplomacy with AI can probably be improved as well by tweaking the code, but this has be suggested many times before.
      We're always looking for top players to play together and learn from. Apply to Tokugawa Bakufu ( alliance code : KIOTO ) if you are a like-minded individual and wish to improve your game.

Whenever feasible, one should always try to eat the rude.

• Exchange of provinces is already a trade feature, though with restrictions. I personally enjoy the cut-throat nature of diplomacy in this game. It makes it far more social and enjoyable, and the main thing that sets CoW apart from other games in the genre is that it is a social, multiplayer game. Formalized diplomacy works well in something like HoI4 because that game is designed to be a big in depth game where you plan around the systems, but CoW is supposed to be about how you plan around other players.
    • eruth wrote:

Exchange of provinces is already a trade feature, though with restrictions. I personally enjoy the cut-throat nature of diplomacy in this game. It makes it far more social and enjoyable, and the main thing that sets CoW apart from other games in the genre is that it is a social, multiplayer game. Formalized diplomacy works well in something like HoI4 because that game is designed to be a big in depth game where you plan around the systems, but CoW is supposed to be about how you plan around other players.
      That's true. I personally really enjoy the cut-throat and unpredictable nature of diplomacy. It accounts for more than 50% of my gameplay and I believe wholeheartedly that diplomacy is critical to winning.
      We're always looking for top players to play together and learn from. Apply to Tokugawa Bakufu ( alliance code : KIOTO ) if you are a like-minded individual and wish to improve your game.

Whenever feasible, one should always try to eat the rude.

• Marechal Saoul wrote:

eruth wrote:

Exchange of provinces is already a trade feature, though with restrictions. I personally enjoy the cut-throat nature of diplomacy in this game. It makes it far more social and enjoyable, and the main thing that sets CoW apart from other games in the genre is that it is a social, multiplayer game. Formalized diplomacy works well in something like HoI4 because that game is designed to be a big in depth game where you plan around the systems, but CoW is supposed to be about how you plan around other players.
      That's true. I personally really enjoy the cut-throat and unpredictable nature of diplomacy. It accounts for more than 50% of my gameplay and I believe wholeheartedly that diplomacy is critical to winning.
      Yes, I know this game really requires (indeed is essential) socializing with other players in order to win, I think is one of the key ingredients this game has. Nevertheless, I don´t think adding a formalized treaty feature would strip the game from its social diplomatic features, on the contrary, I think knowing that you can close deals that really matter will encourage players to socialize even more between them.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Valirius ().

• EZ Dolittle wrote:

If you are going to adjust the diplomatic side then I would suggest the following changes:

Trade Agreement: Sets up a daily trade at the date change of x for y.

Exclusive Trade Agreement: sets up a commission free exchange on trades between 2 countries. One per country, per day
      I completelly agree with you. I understand many wouldn´t agree with formalized treaties, but at least, I think we can all agree that the game should really improve its economics-commercial features