AI Naval Unit Movement

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• AI Naval Unit Movement

I'm could not find this answer anywhere else so i will ask it here

Is it normal for AI naval units to move around areas that are extremely far from their country

I am Using Finland in a game with basic AI i have conquered all the way to Spain and now i am seeing an Irish ship in the Alboran Sea (between Europe and Africa) Should i be worried :/ , or is this normal behaviour for AI

Thank you for any future responses ^^
    • Nn gg wrote:

VorlonFCW wrote:

The AI likes to explore.
      if someone attacks the ai sure win. Why bring your ships 2-3 days from your shores? Someone might be killing you by shelling your troops and the it takes 2 days to bring a ship back? Honestly, it is unrealistic. I wonder who programmed the ai players(if it’s one of the admins reading this no offence)
      cmon ai's also have feelings dont be so harsh ;(
      One day there will be no more wars
    • vyliance wrote:

Nn gg wrote:

VorlonFCW wrote:

The AI likes to explore.
      if someone attacks the ai sure win. Why bring your ships 2-3 days from your shores? Someone might be killing you by shelling your troops and the it takes 2 days to bring a ship back? Honestly, it is unrealistic. I wonder who programmed the ai players(if it’s one of the admins reading this no offence)
      someone said that 4 people from bryto programmed them.
      hi
    • Nn gg wrote:

vyliance wrote:

Nn gg wrote:

VorlonFCW wrote:

The AI likes to explore.
      someone said that 4 people from bryto programmed them.
      ?
      One day there will be no more wars
    • Apparently in Europe 22 maps, both Yugoslav and Romanian AI like to send all their ships to Sevastopol and hide in that little corner of the Black Sea. UK AI likes to defend a certain quadrant in the middle of the Atlantic that you would never find unless you use spies. But with all AI, once you find their favourite spot, they hardly ever venture more than 2-3 sea zones outside of it even if they're at war. Never move if being bombarded by artillery, and never go close enough to bombard shores themselves.

Another thing :

AI ships are very shy about fighting each other. They can be only one or two "dots" away and never engage for the whole duration of the war. But if you start fighting them with ships, they'll be on top of you faster than a rabbit in heat.
      We're always looking for top players to play together and learn from. Apply to Tokugawa Bakufu ( alliance code : KIOTO ) if you are a like-minded individual and wish to improve your game.

Whenever feasible, one should always try to eat the rude.