Fix This : Coalitions in the Newspaper

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Fix This : Coalitions in the Newspaper

Currently, the newspaper tracks coalition VPs throughout the entire length of the game based on their most recent composition, and removes players who are no longer part of a coalition, as well as defunct coalitions. The problem is this doesn't accurately capture the political situation in previous days, as coalitions frequently change. For instance, if a former coalition was defeated, or if one of its members joins the opposing faction, in the newspaper it would show VPs as if that "turncoat" was always part of the new coalition, and the old one never existed. I find it difficult to keep track of how they evolve as the game progresses, especially if I am looking at events earlier in the game.

I want to make two suggestions :

1. Make the "Index of Coalitions" non-dynamic, such that the report for each day in the newspaper is a snapshot frozen in time of all the coalitions which exist at day-change, their VPs, and the names of the coalitions ( which sometimes changes as well ; simply keep the one at day change ). This is how the mini-map on the left works, so I don't see why it couldn't also be done for coalitions !
      2. Make a separate column that shows which countries are part of which coalition at that moment in time ( again record update at day-change ), so we can go back and clearly see how the political situation changed. This would be especially helpful in larger maps.
      Edit : instead of a separate tab, you can also just use the same tab for coalitions and simply do a break-down of each coalition with member countries, their respective VP contribution, etc. Whatever works.

Thanks.
      We're always looking for top players to play together and learn from. Apply to Tokugawa Bakufu ( alliance code : KIOTO ) if you are a like-minded individual and wish to improve your game.

Whenever feasible, one should always try to eat the rude.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Marechal Saoul ().