Unit damage distribution in a group

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unit damage distribution in a group

When you are attacking a group of different units be it naval or land what determines which units are lost when the condition lost is sufficient.
      I have discovered it is not health or the defenCe stats of the unit, so is it a random process? Thanks.
    • When you have multiple unit types in a group the potential damage is split among all the types. Then the x-factor is applied to each unit type independently resulting in variation between the groups.

In Cow 1.0 games the damaged unit groups are recombined into a smaller healthier unit as the hit points are decreased.

In Cow 1.5 games the units do not merge back into smaller healthier units. Units will not start to die until their health gets very low.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Dboy2806 wrote:

So in Cow 1.0 games it is a random unit that is lost when the conditions are met to become a smaller unit , i.e when the group becomes a smaller healthier unit a random unit is lost?
      I would not call it a random loss, simply the way that unit groups are displayed.

let’s take 10 units each with 10 hit points, for a group with 100 hit points total.

Now in a combat tick this group receives 15 hit points of damage:

In 1.0 games the first 10 hit points eliminates one of the units, and the remaining group is 85 hit points out of 90 possible hit points in the remaining 9 unit group. This could mean 9 units each with 94.4% condition if they are split at that point.

In 1.5 games you would still have all 10 units, and each would be at 8.5 hit points, or 85% condition.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• Dboy2806 wrote:

my question only concerns 1.0
      and it is only a valid question when considering units with multiple unit types with different HP points, how is it decided which unit type is lost
      I said before the damage is first split among all the unit types, and then the random number generator is applied to determine the exact damage each group will take.

If that doesn’t answer your question you may need to give a specific example so I can understand what exactly you want to know.

VorlonFCW