Why morale doesnt work in 1.5 (Devs please read)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why morale doesnt work in 1.5 (Devs please read)

Hi,
      I'm no expert at the game, but I think I at least know a fair amount, enough to win 95% of my games nowadays anyway.

Anyway, I'm currently playing in a speed round, I'm alberta, I'm winning. I have conquered most of North America and I'm now slapping south america. I've eaten Peru, Venezuela, East amazon, Colombia, North Brazil, East Brazil and Maranhao. So I've got the top 3rd of the continent.

The problem is this...
      When I take a new province, I need to get the morale up to 35% for it to be "stable" and not revolt.
      However, the "Distance to capital" penalty is giving me "-60" and the "neighbours" penalty is giving me "-22"
      This is a total penalty of -88. Which means it doesnt not matter how high I increase the morale by taking capitals for the +10's ... it will just keep dropping to 12 again.

Even if I build infrastructure in all 400 provinces (which is just not feasible if I simultaneously want to both upgrade and maintain my army, and defend against enemies) - but even if I did get level 3 infrastructure in all provinces, that gives me +20... still only takes me to +32..still a chance to revolt.

Granted, I could start from home provinces and work my way down building the infrastructures, so all new provinces have a lower "neighbour" bonus, and that might tip them over the 35% mark... but it's just not feasible.

"Move your capital" - a nonsense statement, because if I move it from A to B, then A goes bad, and its the same situation. I'm now also invading the philippines and china - also a -60. If I move it to south America, then both Philippines and north america is still -60 distance to capital - same issue

The distance to capital needs to be capped at -40, -60 is just far far too high!
      Alternatively, change infrastructures to give +50 morale at max and an instant +5 to all neighbours per level or something
      Other suggestions:
      - Bunkers give morale development again (20% infra, 25% bunkers)
      - Bunkers/other building stop any "neighbour" penalty on morale, including all adjacent provinces too.

I don't mind rebellions, but when youre playing speed and each day is 6 hours, so I wake up to 20+ revolts, it's just a bit of a joke

Cheers for reading, let me know your thoughts!
      R
    • I don't think 1.5 is like the 1.0 game, because in 1.0 games when you build your capital, the moral of the city and the province wich are neer was boosted, but in 1.5 is not the same situation because when you annex a country the moral will be booste if you have a good resources and the obligate is the food.
      Chaos Elite domine mon grand ! :)
    • ShiNtoK wrote:

I don't think 1.5 is like the 1.0 game, because in 1.0 games when you build your capital, the moral of the city and the province wich are neer was boosted, but in 1.5 is not the same situation because when you annex a country the moral will be booste if you have a good resources and the obligate is the food.
      in 1.0 morale can also be boosted by resources
    • RiverWolf74 wrote:

ShiNtoK wrote:

I don't think 1.5 is like the 1.0 game, because in 1.0 games when you build your capital, the moral of the city and the province wich are neer was boosted, but in 1.5 is not the same situation because when you annex a country the moral will be booste if you have a good resources and the obligate is the food.
      in 1.0 morale can also be boosted by resources
      Yeah, but in 1.0 capital give you more points than resources at boosting moral
      Chaos Elite domine mon grand ! :)