Map Mode Idea

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Map Mode Idea

While playing the game, I found it slightly tedious to click on the diplomatic overview, to see who I was at war with, who I have military access with ect.

So my suggestion is to make a multitude of maps modes that can be accessed via keybindings or a simple click of a button, somewhere located on the top right of the screen. Here are the map modes I'd like to see based off gameplay.

Coalition Map Mode - Colours all nations with their coalition colour (randomly assigned). An example would be, lets say Germany, Italy and France are in a coalition (unlikely, but bare with me); on the coalition map mode, they'd all be coloured red. Same would be with everyone else, while non aligned players would be a simple grey colour.

Diplomatic Map Mode - Colours nations based off their relation with you. Green if it's military access only, dark blue if it's a shared map, light blue if they're sharing intelligence, orange if they're embargoing you, red if they're at war with you and finally purple if they're in the same coalition with you.

Other possible maps, though more flair/cool, rather than important.

Buildings map mode (based on how many buildings you have in a province)
      Revolt Risk map mode (based on percentage of a province revolting: meaning higher revolt risk, redder the province)

Yes these are inspired of paradox games, but they're in those games because it works. An easier visual representation for what peoples relations are to you (without clicking on each country), would be nice. Ty for reading, have a nice day.
    • Drusku wrote:

Diplomatic Map Mode - Colours nations based off their relation with you. Green if it's military access only, dark blue if it's a shared map, light blue if they're sharing intelligence, orange if they're embargoing you, red if they're at war with you and finally purple if they're in the same coalition with you.
      Already exists.

Drusku wrote:

Revolt Risk map mode (based on percentage of a province revolting: meaning higher revolt risk, redder the province)
      Also exists
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine

The post was edited 1 time, last by DoctorDR1 ().

• Drusku wrote:

While playing the game, I found it slightly tedious to click on the diplomatic overview, to see who I was at war with, who I have military access with ect.

So my suggestion is to make a multitude of maps modes that can be accessed via keybindings or a simple click of a button, somewhere located on the top right of the screen. Here are the map modes I'd like to see based off gameplay.

Coalition Map Mode - Colours all nations with their coalition colour (randomly assigned). An example would be, lets say Germany, Italy and France are in a coalition (unlikely, but bare with me); on the coalition map mode, they'd all be coloured red. Same would be with everyone else, while non aligned players would be a simple grey colour.

Other possible maps, though more flair/cool, rather than important.

Buildings map mode (based on how many buildings you have in a province)

Yes these are inspired of paradox games, but they're in those games because it works. An easier visual representation for what peoples relations are to you (without clicking on each country), would be nice. Ty for reading, have a nice day.
      That already exists.
      Chaos Elite domine mon grand ! :)