1.5 Feedback (Devs please read)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 1.5 Feedback (Devs please read)

Hi,

Just giving some feedback on 1.5.
      I have to say, I love it - great job guys! It's great!

A few minor things that really bug me;

Morale. Covered in discussion here: (see: forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…-in-1-5-devs-please-read/)
      (Note, this is based upon the latest 1.5 speed event and 1.5 World at war)

Army Lost Reports
      This is something that's really bugged me from 1.0 also. Receiving a report saying
      "Army Lost. Army BI 36 has been defeated by army HI 12"...
      Is not useful, at all. Because I then have to go to the newspaper and hope its updated, to see oh that was a light tank, destroyed by e.g. madagascar.
      Can we improve them to say e.g.
      "Army lost in <province>
      Light tank BI 36 was destroyed by Railroadgun HI12 of the UK"

This tells me
      - What unit of mine was destroyed
      - What unit destroyed it
      - What provinces it was lost in
      - What country destroyed it
      That way, I know immediately where it was and what I lost - This would be simple, but an amazing improvement to be honest!

Something else - I can't find how "Neighbour" morale penalty is calculated/affected anywhere in-game? I've been trying to work it out..

Finally, I feel like Subs, or destroyers should be able to detect other subs/stealth units?
      Currently;
      - Armoured cards can detect stealth (Light armour class)
      - Motor Inf can detect stealth (Infantry class)
      - Interceptor + Naval Bomber can detect stealth (Plane class)
      ...But this element is missing from naval units entirely, giving a big weakness to anyone using navy vs. stealth.

Cheers for reading - loving 1.5 at the moment!
      - R
    • Thanks for the feedback!

Morale/revolt mechanics will get adjusted in the next update.

The army lost reports are indeed not super helpful right now, but that's an issue in 1.0 as well. We have it on our long term plan to improve them.

Neighbour morale bonus/penalty is documented in the FAQ forum somewhere, I recently saw a thread about it. We may add it in the future to the manual. Basically each neighbouring province gives a bonus or penalty based on its morale. it gives +2 at 100% and goes down by 1 for eah 10%.

Changes to stealth/scout mechanics will also be released in the next update.
    • I actually really like the stealth mechanic overall. In one of my games, I just built ~50+ commandos, got right of way with a neighbouring rival, stuck one in each of his province and eliminated him in one hit - he never saw it coming!

It's a bit OP while it's new, but once people are aware, it will force people to use scout-detecting units more, so it really does add an entirely new dimension to attacking - maybe even worth adding new "stealth" units (F-22 Raptor, F-35 Lighting II and the B-2 Spirit bomber?) for stealth planes?
    • ryanb96 wrote:

I actually really like the stealth mechanic overall. In one of my games, I just built ~50+ commandos, got right of way with a neighbouring rival, stuck one in each of his province and eliminated him in one hit - he never saw it coming!

It's a bit OP while it's new, but once people are aware, it will force people to use scout-detecting units more, so it really does add an entirely new dimension to attacking - maybe even worth adding new "stealth" units (F-22 Raptor, F-35 Lighting II and the B-2 Spirit bomber?) for stealth planes?
      Wft why didn't Hitler think of that... he could have won the war in one hit xD
    • Little_Debbie wrote:

ryanb96 wrote:

I actually really like the stealth mechanic overall. In one of my games, I just built ~50+ commandos, got right of way with a neighbouring rival, stuck one in each of his province and eliminated him in one hit - he never saw it coming!

Wft why didn't Hitler think of that... he could have won the war in one hit xD
      The problem is that Hitler opened two war fronts, and it's so difficult to won vs Soviet union and America at the same time.
      Chaos Elite domine mon grand ! :)
    • ryanb96 wrote:

Hi,

Just giving some feedback on 1.5.
      I have to say, I love it - great job guys! It's great!

A few minor things that really bug me;

Morale. Covered in discussion here: (see: forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…-in-1-5-devs-please-read/)
      (Note, this is based upon the latest 1.5 speed event and 1.5 World at war)

Army Lost Reports
      This is something that's really bugged me from 1.0 also. Receiving a report saying
      "Army Lost. Army BI 36 has been defeated by army HI 12"...
      Is not useful, at all. Because I then have to go to the newspaper and hope its updated, to see oh that was a light tank, destroyed by e.g. madagascar.
      Can we improve them to say e.g.
      "Army lost in <province>
      Light tank BI 36 was destroyed by Railroadgun HI12 of the UK"

This tells me
      - What unit of mine was destroyed
      - What unit destroyed it
      - What provinces it was lost in
      - What country destroyed it
      That way, I know immediately where it was and what I lost - This would be simple, but an amazing improvement to be honest!

Something else - I can't find how "Neighbour" morale penalty is calculated/affected anywhere in-game? I've been trying to work it out..

Finally, I feel like Subs, or destroyers should be able to detect other subs/stealth units?
      Currently;
      - Armoured cards can detect stealth (Light armour class)
      - Motor Inf can detect stealth (Infantry class)
      - Interceptor + Naval Bomber can detect stealth (Plane class)
      ...But this element is missing from naval units entirely, giving a big weakness to anyone using navy vs. stealth.

Cheers for reading - loving 1.5 at the moment!
      - R
      Maybe we shouldn’t say what unit destroyed it because then you will know enemy units and it is unrealistic, cause railroad guns are probably bombarding from far range and if enemy units can see them than it is sorta annoying.
    • Little_Debbie wrote:

ShiNtoK wrote:

The problem is that Hitler opened two war fronts, and it's so difficult to won vs Soviet union and America at the same time.
      It was a joke dude
      Then it Sounds like he did Not watch the Movie, the Sum of All Fears,..

Like the Guy in the Movie Explained..

You Don't Fight Both America and Russia, you Get America and Russia to Fight each other! ;)