GOT A MAJOR!!! PROBLEM!!! with VICTORY POINTS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Actually Doctor. If you added up the point's the 3 in the picture, it would have been over.

That's why I joined in. Might as well get my share too.

DoctorDR1 wrote:

Desktop General wrote:

I have a Major Problem!!! With the Victory Point's.
      As you can see in the picture, if Ohio, Penn, and East Texas all joined together in a Coalition, the Game would be Over!!!

Which is the Talk of what they want to do.
      This actually isn't true. If you switch to the coalition tab, you will see the amount of victory points a coalition needs to win, which is 70%, vs. the solo win threshold of 51%
      Actually Doctor. If you added up the point's the other 3 had in the picture, it would have been over.

I was already in the Coalition when the picture was taken before the Final guy joined. That's why the point's Needed were 1414
      I believe off Memory.
    • I'll tell you all another fun Story, about How I discovered this Game... ;)

I believe I was poking around on YouTube one Night, Searching for Video's of The Board Game called Squad Leader.

1 Link lead to another! And Next thing I know I was Here.... ;)

And I Knew! The Very Split Second I saw it! OMG this is it!....

The Game I had been Searching for Forever!!!!!

I went to bed. And before I even Lit a Cigarette the Next Morning.

I Logged in to Make Sure! My Tanks were Not under attack!

And I thought to Myself, Can I Really Take Someone Out! at This???? Remove Them From The Game???

And My Tanks Were Rolling!.... Minutes Later. Invading Somebody's Country for the First Time.
      I had them all in Position from the Night Before.

And My First Game was a Solo Victory.

That was My First Experience of This Game! Will Never Forget it.

Had another Good Experience on New Years, this Year.

10 Mins before Midnight = New Years, I walked out and Lit a Cigarette and thought to Myself.
      I just Took The World!!!.... :)

Cuz I had just Won basically, the Battle of Kursk. I had 14 People trying to Stop Me.
      on a 8x Speed Event.

And there was one Guy, that Had to go, and I knew who ever won this Battle, was gonna take The World.

I won the Battle 10 Mins before New Years 2020.

Over the Next 2 Weeks! The other 13 Players Fell 1 by 1.

There have been Many!!!! Great Memories. To This Game! ;)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Desktop General ().

• That was Cool! I Won The Battle of Kursk! Basically 10 Mins before Midnight on NewYears... 2020

against 14 People.

Went out and lit a Cigarette and Thought to Myself. I just Took The World. Because of that 1 Battle.

The other 13 Players all working Together, Fell 1 by 1, over the Next 2 Weeks. on an 8x Speed Map

There are Many Memories Here, but Those 2 Stand out. :)

INFACT!!!!! I should post a Screen Shot!!!! ALL of Europe, is Littered with Battles in the Newspaper, All From Me! ;)

My Finest! Work! ;) I got the Pic, will Have to Search for it. I was getting Close. To finding it.
      I'll get to it!

it was on a 8x Speed Game so, you can't even see Europe! Cuz of all the Battles, Over Lapping!! in the Paper. My Finest! Work! LOL!
      they were ALL against ME! 14 People, I'll Find it! ;)

Actually, there's to many Screenshot's to go through, and I only got a picture of the Next day, when the Battle's were cooling off, still pretty busy! I'll look again but... it was a Good Game! ;)

The post was edited 3 times, last by Desktop General ().

• Desktop General wrote:

Actually Doctor. If you added up the point's the other 3 had in the picture, it would have been over.

I was already in the Coalition when the picture was taken before the Final guy joined. That's why the point's Needed were 1414
      Actually, 1414 points were needed for a solo victory. If you do the math, roughly 1940 points are needed for a coalition victory.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • DoctorDR1 wrote:

Desktop General wrote:

Actually, 1414 points were needed for a solo victory. If you do the math, roughly 1940 points are needed for a coalition victory.
      I Stand Corrected. You are Correct! I just Loaded the Game up and took a Look.
    • Desktop General wrote:

I think if we all go back to my first post here, we will see the problem.In the Picture I posted.Mexico City wants to keep playing to the End. But if the other 3 unite in to a Coalition, the Game is Over!I run into this problem quite a bit, always being one of the Last players in my Games. ;) From my First Game, to my Last which ended Today, because I joined the Coalition and had to settle for a Coalition Victory, rather then a Solo.There is No arguement Here,... it was either A. join the Coalition and get a Coalition Win.Or B. Don't join, and the Game would Have been over! With No Win.
      So I think I know Exactly! What I am Talking about! ;) Thank You Very Much.
      I did a Solo Victory My Very First Game. And would have been to the Last Game as of Today.But Victory Point's were in My way.
      So once again! I think I know Exactly!!! What I'm talking about. Maybe you need to try Winning Every Game! To Fully Understand. ;) I have a lot! of Experience with the Word, VICTORY! So I understand Victory point's very well! ;) And know EXACTLY!!!! What I'm Talking about.
      That's why! I Finaly brought this up!! It was either, A. Join the Coalition to be part of a Win, or B. Game Over!!!!So I know EXACTLY!!! what I'm talking about. And Neither of those 2 options were acceptable in My Book! ;) And that's Not even the FULL Root of the Problem.... You could be Doing Great! Have a Really Good Game Going, and see that you have a Major Super Power to go up against, and as soon as he has 51% of the Victory Point's, it's Game Over!!I don't Recall The Germans Winning World War 2 when they had over 51% of the Victory points as they were knocking on the Gates to Moscow.
      A: Then Mexico should have done better at the game. If Mexico has less than 30% of the VPs when three other players have enough VPs to win, well, Mexico should have taken out those players, or expanded more aggressively to have a say in whether or not the game will end. Mexico lost, fair and square.
      B: Seriously, if you keep running into the problem of other people winning, then... maybe expand so they can't win? If another coalition has enough VPs to win that means that they've won. If you want them to not win you need to prevent them from having enough VPS. This isn't a case of poor design, this is a case of other people being better at winning than you.
      C: I have 4 solo victories and 4 coalition victories. My most recent coalition victories have been instances where I could achieve a solo victory if I wanted to but it's just such a slog at this point, I just want this match to be over so I'll combine my VPs with you, thanks. I have never been in a situation where the game has ended before my most climactic war, not in CoW, Thirty K, S1914, or NWE.
      D: You can play to the end of store bought games because they are single player and designed to be taken at their own pace. In CoW it is multiplayer and you are stuck to one speed. People get bored once the outcome is clear and quit, even if the outcome is that they will win. There's a reason that very few Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, Total War, etc games get played to the very end; ITS FREAKING BORING. The fun is the challenging early and mid game, not the end game where you have 60% of the world and just have to wait for your tanks to roll over the last 40%.
      E: That's because the Germans didn't have 51% of the VPs. I don't feel like doing the math on the global 1939 map but even by this game's standards, the Axis did not control nearly 51% of the worlds 'victory points' at any point. They didn't even have 51% of the land, the population the economy, etc. If they did get 51%, well it's GG from there. Also, THIS IS A GAME! Games imitate real life only so far as it it fun and enjoyable to do so. Slogging through the entire world in CoW is not fun. Heck, slogging through even one or two decently sized AIs isn't fun.
    • Victory points are so engrained into how Call of War measures victories that they are never gonna change it because it would need an entire overhaul. There is no reason for them to do that since Victory points work just fine, except for you apparently.

Also, reading your posts, I wanna claw my eyes out.
    • Agent47 wrote:

The man can have his opinion (okay, maybe only one thread per opinion please), but damn that text is painful to read.
      No, how about we keep it all in one thread. Thank goodness. :S
      We're always looking for top players to play together and learn from. Apply to Tokugawa Bakufu ( alliance code : KIOTO ) if you are a like-minded individual and wish to improve your game.

Whenever feasible, one should always try to eat the rude.

• If Mexico was such a great player he would be on offense and taking a large swath of Texas so that he and his allies do not have the points to win. That is your solution, instead of playing defense and complaining here in the Forum. Points are a good part of the game, part of the strategy, as is communication and making allies.

This leads you to the second solution, discuss being allies with one of the other players and fight it out 2v2. If you lack the communication skills to sell being your ally while you own 1/3 of the map, that is part of this strategy game, and you deserve to lose by points.