GOT A MAJOR!!! PROBLEM!!! with VICTORY POINTS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Desktop General wrote:

I believe it is around 70 Days Duke!
      No, the games would never end, i have a game World War Historic, and i finished it at day 92.

>When the games are end ?
      -when the most players of cow in this game was inactive and there is just 3 or 2 or 1 active, so those players they will see in the newspaper article of "to abandon", if all the players active accept, the game will be finished, and each member will gain gold if their has a good place in the classement, like the result of the normal games.
      Chaos Elite domine mon grand ! :)
    • A: Desktop, your posts are very difficult to read. Not only do you throw random punctuation in the middle of your sentences and use line breaks like paragraphs were never invented, you also post several posts in a row when it would be much easier to follow if you just consolidated it all into one post. You've even done this on a macro level; you've posted 3 threads about this same thing in the last few hours. If you want to be taken seriously you're going to have to work on your presentation.
      B: I disagree with your assertion that there is no final battle. To get to 50% you're going to have to eliminate any significant competition. It's possible that you could sneak through without bothering about the second most powerful but if they see you about to win they'll probably initiate the conflict themselves. Even less likely to get to 70% without a big final battle.
      C: This will reduce the number of people who actually play to to the end. I already see many people in no danger of being wiped out just quitting once the game slows down in the late-mid game. If you have to conquer the entire world then people are just going to leave once it becomes clear whose going to do that. If you'll have to die for them to win, why stick around? You won't be getting any second/third/fourth etc place gold because you'll have to die.

I don't think that this is a necessary change because it's fixing a problem that doesn't exist and would introduce problems of it's own.
    • I think if we all go back to my first post here, we will see the problem.

In the Picture I posted.

Mexico City wants to keep playing to the End. But if the other 3 unite in to a Coalition, the Game is Over!

I run into this problem quite a bit, always being one of the Last players in my Games. ;)

From my First Game, to my Last which ended Today, because I joined the Coalition and had to settle for a Coalition Victory, rather then a Solo.

There is No arguement Here,... it was either A. join the Coalition and get a Coalition Win.

Or B. Don't join, and the Game would Have been over! With No Win.

So I think I know Exactly! What I am Talking about! ;) Thank You Very Much.

I did a Solo Victory My Very First Game. And would have been to the Last Game as of Today.

But Victory Point's were in My way.

So once again! I think I know Exactly!!! What I'm talking about. Maybe you need to try Winning Every Game! To Fully Understand. ;)

I have a lot! of Experience with the Word, VICTORY! So I understand Victory point's very well! ;) And know EXACTLY!!!! What I'm Talking about.

That's why! I Finaly brought this up!! It was either, A. Join the Coalition to be part of a Win, or B. Game Over!!!!

So I know EXACTLY!!! what I'm talking about. And Neither of those 2 options were acceptable in My Book! ;)

And that's Not even the FULL Root of the Problem.... You could be Doing Great! Have a Really Good Game Going, and see that you have a Major Super Power to go up against, and as soon as he has 51% of the Victory Point's, it's Game Over!!

I don't Recall The Germans Winning World War 2 when they had over 51% of the Victory points as they were knocking on the Gates to Moscow.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Desktop General ().

• So People can Argue this with me to the End!..... I know I'm Right! ;) And you will Never Convince Me otherwise.

My idea! Simply would have made the Game perfect!!!!!!!! ;)

Any Game that you buy at The Store, you can play to the End!....... Another Example.

The only Solution is,.... The Victory Point's Need to be called something else. That you can still collect, to Gain Extra Gold upon Victory.

Or..... Just Get Rid of them Completely! Which would be fine by Me.

So people better Start Getting used to being FORCED!!!!!!!!! Into a Coalition Victory. Until it is Changed!
      Or you're Not Seeing The Math Correctly. ;)

I'm pretty Smart! At this kind of Stuff. ;) ;) ;)

I've analyzed the Victory Point's to the Final Math! Folks. And it is Not Good. It is an Error!

Many people! Will be Cheated out of There Wins because of it!
      Just Like The Coalition Victory I Signed Last Night.
      My Current Game is already Over. With a Coalition Victory, instead of a Solo. :(

infact! I was just Getting Ready to Have a Big!!!!! War with someone. Had Everything Built! And Ready.
      And I was Deciding who should I take out Now.......?

And was Cheated!!!!!!!! Out of The Big War! .

So who ever said what would be the point of the Game without Victory points??? Answer = I can't Help ya!

The post was edited 10 times, last by Desktop General ().

• If you want to win get the 2/3 or 75% faster than other players.

What you are suggesting, like others have said, would cause the games to never end or ending the games would take way too much time. Not to mention that most of the players will quit so you will play on your own with AI.

Also the servers can't handle that many games running at the same time... Unless you are going to pay for them, of course.
    • I don't know what More I can Say!......

I Promise You Folks, it is an ERROR!

I brought it up to the best of My ability. I did The Best I Could! ;)

If the Victory Point's were Removed, ain't Nobody gonna Complain about that!

I think the Game is More about the Terrain, then the Point's anyways! ;)

That's why I quit Conflict of Nations. It allows you to Have Even Less.... To Win.

Call of War does Require More, and an Over all Way better! Interface..... By Far! ;)

But still has the Same Problem. = ERROR!

I don't know if anyone has ever brought this up before, but I know an ERROR! when I see One! :)
    • h4zel wrote:

Desktop General wrote:

But that still doesn't stop someone else from Getting the 51% First.
      Then get the 51% first like how you would get the whole world first if your suggestion was accepted.
      Maybe some people don't Like to Move as Fast! I've Noticed some people like to sit Idle, and Hide as a Tactic.

Some may be Busy, Managing there Wives and Stuff.

Or some just like to move slow....

Like I said, I don't know if anyone has ever brought this up before! But I know an ERROR! When I see One.

And you're just gonna have to Trust Me on That! I do come from a Good Gene Pool. ;)

We got Programmers in the Family, Everything. And Then Some!......
    • I Tell you a Little Joke!... LOL

My Uncle, He's a programmer! And one Time he Gave Me The Bot, for that Game Called Evony.

He Goes!.... " Now I know you will use this for the Purposes of Evil! "

LOL!!!!! :)

The First Test!, The Whole Number 4 Alliance! of 100 People. Didn't even Chip The Paint! :)

Or his Friend that Worked at NASA.

We joked around Like The Emperor from Star Wars...

I wanted his friend from Nasa in My Alliance.

I Told My Uncle....

" He will Come to you!.... And Then You will Bring Him Before ME!!... :) "

LOL! The Good Old Days. ;)

Actully This! Is The New Good Days! I Swore to Myself! 10 Years ago... That I would Never! Play that Again. ;)

This is Way! Better. I No Longer have to Manage , People.
    • I Think!.... Were all Getting a Little off Topic Here....

Why are we Playing This Game?????

Were Not Playing The Game, to go around and Collect Victory Point's.

Were Playing The Game, to Completely Take Over The World!!!! :)

And wipe Out! all other Human Players to the End.

Then The Game is Incomplete! If you can Not Finnish them all off to The End! .

Just Like the Picture I put up!! I did Not want to Settle for a Coalition Victory.

especially when I had just got My War Machine all Built up and Fully Ready to Go!

And had to Settle, for the Game to be Suddenly Over! Right when it was gonna Get Good.

The Victory point's are a Flaw! = ERROR! And Need to be Flat Out, REMOVED...... ;)

I don't even see How People can Argue! With This :rolleyes:

The Game is Over ALL.... Pretty Well Made, and Flawless..... I know it when I see it! ;)

However it Cannot be Played to The End.

There's My Problem, I brought it up. And I'm sure it will Never be Changed. Unless they do a 2.0

But that is The Main ERROR! I can See. ;)

Ohh! And keep the 1.0 Forever!!! That will be a CLASSIC!!!!
      You can put up an Ad someday saying something Like,
      Play the original, the Game that Started it ALL... For Free Now! ;)

The post was edited 4 times, last by Desktop General ().

• And you know what! I told the other Game!!! EVONY.

I'll tell you the Flaw Right Here...

How are you supposed to Bring Down???

10 Million Troops!!! With attacks of 100k Thousand???

There dead before they even Get a Shot Off.

I remember one of them saying, that would be Cool Though! To be able to send a Million! Catapults into 1 Battle.
      That was the People Running That Game! That Said that.

They Liked My Idea, but couldn't do it.

I Told em, I Need to be able to Send My Whole Army! In 1 Shot. Or This Simply, Can Not be Done...
      They knew! I was Right. That's why they joked around to each other, that would be Cool! Though..... ;)

THAT GAME WAS MAJOR!!!!! FLAWED. They fixed it a Little, but Not enough to change still the 1 Main issue.

This Game's Flaw, is Not Nearly as Bad....

But it is a Heart Breaker!!! When you can't play it to the End.
    • That Game was funny!!! Though.... ;)

Everyone would Get Real Quiet!!!! When The Emperor would Log On!!.... ;)

Sometimes I would Log on Drunk!!! And pic Tonight's Nightly Sacrifice. Of My Own People.

Hundreds of People. ;)

NEVER LAUGHED!!!!!!! So Hard in My Life!!!!!! I will Give that Game That! ;)

And a Dude on this Game once, was asking if he could control the Market.

And the answer is Yes! I did it once with Stone! On the other Game.

For 1 whole Day! 50 Thousand People! Logged in...

And Every time someone would click Buy! It was from ME.....

I did it for 1 Whole Day. Just to Make Sure! My Math Was Correct! . ;)

50k Thousand People! All clicked Buy! From ME.....

My Capitol City was Called WONDER. Right in the Center of the Map. 400 /400

I always had to Have that Spot. It was so Much easier! To read all the War Reports in My Mind.
      Of Battles Happening Everywhere... From all My People.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Desktop General ().

• Desktop General wrote:

h4zel wrote:

Desktop General wrote:

But that still doesn't stop someone else from Getting the 51% First.
      Then get the 51% first like how you would get the whole world first if your suggestion was accepted.
      1. Maybe some people don't Like to Move as Fast! I've Noticed some people like to sit Idle, and Hide as a Tactic.
      2. Some may be Busy, Managing there Wives and Stuff.

3. Or some just like to move slow....

4. And you're just gonna have to Trust Me on That!

5. We got Programmers in the Family, Everything. And Then Some!......
      1. People can't change the game for all the tactics, if you are too slow to win the game then the tactic isn't good and you should move on to a new one.

2. Yes people are busy, so the games should end after a reasonable amount of time that doesn't last too long. This is balanced by the "Victory Points"

3. Move slow and lose, again, why expect people to change the game for every tactic? That's not how games work. (There are a few exceptions.)

4. Why?

5. You got programmers in the fam? Cool! But if you feel the need to carry this here as an arguement, you may start working on your own game, then.
    • Desktop General wrote:

I have a Major Problem!!! With the Victory Point's.
      As you can see in the picture, if Ohio, Penn, and East Texas all joined together in a Coalition, the Game would be Over!!!

Which is the Talk of what they want to do.
      This actually isn't true. If you switch to the coalition tab, you will see the amount of victory points a coalition needs to win, which is 70%, vs. the solo win threshold of 51%
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine