GOT A MAJOR!!! PROBLEM!!! with VICTORY POINTS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• GOT A MAJOR!!! PROBLEM!!! with VICTORY POINTS

Hello! I'm 40 years old, and have been playing Strategy Games since the Day I was Born.

I have a Major Problem!!! With the Victory Point's.
      As you can see in the picture, if Ohio, Penn, and East Texas all joined together in a Coalition, the Game would be Over!!!

Which is the Talk of what they want to do.

When Mexico City, has The largest Military, and would prefer to play the Game to the END.

That is a MAJOR!!! FLAW...

To put this plain and simple, The Game should Not End... Until it's Over!
      What if you got a couple of people in control of 2/3rd's of the World, but the Better player is in control of the Remaining 1/3rd. What the Game just Simply ENDS???????? Before the Big War?????? That is a MAJOR!!!! FLAW!!!!
      And makes the Game Unplayable.

Ya Spend all this time, and build ALL this Stuff! And can't even Play The Final Battle.
      MAJOR FLAW.....

It should be Played to the LAST! PROVINCE!... Or until ALL Player's Click End Game in the Newspaper.

That Makes the Game Unplayable. And I know I'm Correct! ;)

The Victory Point's Need to be Removed, or at least for as a Victory Condition.
      People could still be able to collect the point's to get the Extra Gold upon Victory.

But Not to Suddenly End the Game before The Final Battle.

Here's another Scenario... What if you Got 2 Players Left, Gold Spender's or Not.
      They both Have 50 - 50 % of the Map.

You Telling Me as Soon as 1 of Them Takes 51% of the Map, and the other has 49% it's Suddenly Over??????

MAJOR FLAW!!!!!!!!!!!! That makes the Game Unplayable!..... And Needs to be Corrected. ;)

It Needs to be Corrected to No Victory Point's to Win, Until ALL Players click End Game, or the Final Province is Taken.

Such a Beautiful Game!!!! it is Almost Perfect! First Game Ever!!!! To be Almost Perfect! ;)

Except it is Unplayable because of that 1 Major Flaw!!!!! .
      Images
      • Victory Points 2.jpg

483.84 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 18 times
    • Thin White Duke wrote:

games would never end and there would be no new games due to server space if one person had to rule 100% of the world.
      I've seen you discuss this before and that is Simply! Not Correct...

The Games can go on Forever as it already is,.. And Taking a few more Provinces to Win, would simply Not make any Difference.

The Only Difference would be, is that Players would get a Full Experience of the Game! ;)

What is the Point! In Building all this Stuff. And Defences... if you can't even play The Final Battle.

I know I'm Right! ;) And if it cost's another Storage Unit! Full of Server's then o-well.

Not to Mention... When people spend Gold = Money, to Use there Unit's to the End!...

I'm Sure it would pay for itself. Rather then spending all this Money, to Crush your friend to the Last Province, and Not getting to do so.

They'll make More Money! Doing it My Way. ;) Then the Game would be Complete.

Cuz then, when you spend Money, every Unit that you Pay for! You will get to use it, to the End. :)

So if your Down to a Quarter of the Victory point's Left / Map, whatever.. And it's time to Get the Wallet Out!!! :)

Atleast you will know that You Get your Money's Worth! To The End..... ;)

You will Never! Convince Me of Your Argument EVER!!!!! Nor will anyone else!

My Way! Makes the Game Better!! And More worth Spending Money on, especially in the Scenario I just Described, if your almost down to the End and it's time to Get The Money Out! ;)

There can be other ways, to end the Game dude. If it was even necessary, if nobody's taken a province for a month! The Game can warn to End. First thought of my Head. What your talking about, is Not gonna tie up the system. It can already be tied up as it is, and go on forever.

The post was edited 5 times, last by Desktop General ().

• When you got 2 Guys, friends or Not. Getting Ready to Have! The War of There Lives!!!!....

And 1 of em Has 51% of the Victory point's, and the other has 49%

And the Game suddenly Ends.... There is Something Wrong! With that.

Not to Mention the Amount of Money! They Probably would have Spent! To Have the War of there Lives...

Which will More!!!! Then Pay! For another Storage Unit Full of Servers! ;)

and 1 more thing!... ;) If the Servers were the Problem, and They are all Full.
      Then were obviously doing something Right Here!! ;) And will Need More! Servers.....
      Because as Long as there Turned On!!! There Making Money.... ;)
      So we Need to Get More of them Turned on Then, and get Everyone Dialed in! ;)

Because if the Game is Made to play to the End, and it Suddenly get's even More Popular and Full.
      Then we will Have to Buy More Servers Then! ;) To make Sure! We Got Everyone! Dialed in...
      Which Means More Money being Spent! :)

Think of the Servers then, as the Money Makers... The More Turned On, the More Money Being Spent! ;)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Desktop General ().

• RiverWolf74 wrote:

welll next time try to grow larger quicker and you wont have thsis problem
      Ya ok! :rolleyes:

Like I said, it ALL comes down to that 51% - 49% Problem. You can't Finish the Game! or Have the Final Battle.

I'm trying to Suggest How to Make the Game Perfect! And all People want to do is Complain.

Because Believe Me!!!.... If and When the Victory Point's are ever Removed!!!...

There's gonna be 99% of the People who know what they are doing in the Game Like it!
      And 1% who don't know what there doing, disapprove or Complain.

There it ALL is... it will Either be Corrected or Not.

The Game is Unplayable... I could Not Play against My Buddie! Who is as Good as Me!!!
      Because if He Gained 51% of the Victory Point's, to my 49% it Would be Over!
      Or Vise Versa

And that's what would Happen. People would be getting stepped on Like Ants, in between a Major War!
      Between Me and Him. ;)

And that's all I Have to Say about that! :)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Desktop General ().

• I would also like to take this opportunity to mention how I don't like the New Unit Maintenance in 1.5

It is Like Conflict of Nations now. It is much Harder to Calculate how much of what can be Maintained.

In 1.0, it was much easier to Look at. I can see how much Food and Oil I have, and know how many more Units I can build.

It's Not a Game stopper for me, but I like the maintenance of 1.0 a lot better!
      it became like Conflict of Nations.

And that's how the Victory Point thing Started for me....
      Was on Conflict of Nation's.

I saw how Little, of Victory Point's you Needed to Win, and Quit the Game Instantly.

I Looked back at Call of War, sure it allows you to have more before a Win, but still the same Problem.

Call of War, has such a Much Better Interface!!! ;)

The Line of Sight, the Terrain, Looking at the Terrain on Call of War was so much better!
      I can Look at the Terrain in Call of War, and Instantly understand what I'm Looking at.

I Think!... And would Love to See!
      The Victory point's Removed from Call of War.

So it Clearly Stands Out!!!!
      As the Dominate, and Perfect Made Game.
      To make it better! And stand out from the others. :)
    • And while I have everyone's attention!... LOL. I just Looked back at the Game.

These City Names, got to Go!.....

I believe there was a lot of Complaint's, the Day the Display of the City Names changed.

When you Zoom Out!,.. There are So Many City names over Lapping each other, You can't see Anything!

I was upset!!! The Day I saw that.

Before I could Zoom out, and see Nothing But My Units. Which was Better!!

When I click Turn off Province Names, I don't want to see any Words.....
      and the Victory point Numbers should also be attached to that as Well.
      I don't want to see those either!
      All I want to see are My Units, and The Terrain.

I don't care! About Victory Point's, I'm Looking to see How to take over the Terrain, province by Province, or encircle a whole section of the enemy.
      I'm Not counting The Victory Point's.

especially on 1.0 where cities don't matter.
      it is confusing my view of the Map, and My View of My Units.

I can't make out my Units clearly, because of all these Words on the Screen overlapping each other.

The Day that was changed there were a lot! of Complaints. And I was 1 of them.

• This Game has the Potential to be Perfect!

If 1 Thing! was Changed... It would have to be the Victory Point's.

I can Live! With the Rest. ;)

Like I said, if and when MANY!!! Games come down to 1 vs 1. And the War goes back and Forth,

As soon as Someone hits 51% it's over. And that is Flat Out, Incorrect!

Because the Person who Lost, May actually have been the Person who would have Won! :)
    • Infact! You know what would be Really Cool...???

Is to Have Like a No Gold Tournament.

The people who want to spend Gold, can still do so on any Random Map.

But to See who the World's Best Players are,..

That would be Cool! ;)

And the Winners, would all join to Another Random Selection Map.

But the Only Real way to Make that Happen, would be to once again, Remove the Victory Point's.

Because the People say on the Main Continent, can much easier, over run the whole piece of Land with say like Tanks, compared to the People in the Pacific for Example, who don't have that option, and progress is Slow!
    • Thin White Duke wrote:

games would never end and there would be no new games due to server space if one person had to rule 100% of the world. At the moment 1.5 games only last 40 days whoever is winning.
      I believe it is around 70 Days Duke! Last I clicked a 1.5 Game

And I Never said, that 1 Person Has to Rule All... I also said that Everyone could still click End Game in the Newspaper.

The point is,.. that this really upset's me, that this cannot be played to The End.

And I'm sure if it was Fixed, other people would enjoy it too.

I couldn't picture anyone Complaining about Having to Win Completely.

It's kind of Like! My Friend Tara! Put it....
      THERE'S ALWAYS! SOMETHING....... ;)