Ranged weapons not firing?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• NoobNoobTrain wrote:

[1.5]Why is it that stationary artillery with 'Fire at will' or 'Offensive' sometimes do not fire when an enemy target comes within range? I find myself having to give an attack order now and then to a lazy unit that doesn't want to fire.

This also happens with ships.
      That I think is a bug, because normally if the enemy arrives at the attack zone of your unit and it is motionless (it has no order) it attacks, that's what I have at me. But if your unit is running or it has another order of course it will not shoot the enemy because in this situation you need to buy the "high commander" in the cow shop with good prices :) , if you want to buy you can see click on the button of the high command and you will see more information, because this function allows you to do many things that the normal player can not do.
      Chaos Elite domine mon grand ! :)
    • ShiNtoK wrote:

NoobNoobTrain wrote:

[1.5]Why is it that stationary artillery with 'Fire at will' or 'Offensive' sometimes do not fire when an enemy target comes within range? I find myself having to give an attack order now and then to a lazy unit that doesn't want to fire.

This also happens with ships.
      That I think is a bug, because normally if the enemy arrives at the attack zone of your unit and it is motionless (it has no order) it attacks, that's what I have at me. But if your unit is running or it has another order of course it will not shoot the enemy because in this situation you need to buy the "high commander" in the cow shop with good prices :) , if you want to buy you can see click on the button of the high command and you will see more information, because this function allows you to do many things that the normal player can not do.
      I do have HC, thank you. This is not the problem. Neither is moving, beause 'offensive' battle order should override it.
    • offensive.... I didn’t use it before when I had HC... just used aggressive: it means, if anyone comes to your territory, your units auto fire even if u r not at war with the other nation.
      Aggressive/offensive: when ordered to move To somewhere but then an enemy comes into range, I can’t remember if it dries while moving or stops and fire and when he died then move... ask vorlon
      hi
    • There are many times that an alert player will be able to begin bombardment before the periodic checking for targets that occurs automatically.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<