How does the patrol trick with planes work?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SaskeOtaku wrote:

I would like to learn how to use it and make it mine but I have not understood what it does exactly and how it is applied
      The patrol of the airplanes is more effective than attack with airplanes.
      For my informations and my experience, if you want to attack your ennemi you send your airplanes at the fashion "patrol", because in this fashion you won time, the bombers don't need refueling and lost more time. But you need to active because the ennemi can leave the zone of the patrol and you must give orders to your airplanes to change their places.
      I hope that i answer your question^^
      Chaos Elite domine mon grand ! :)
    • ShiNtoK wrote:

SaskeOtaku wrote:

I would like to learn how to use it and make it mine but I have not understood what it does exactly and how it is applied
      The patrol of the airplanes is more effective than attack with airplanes.For my informations and my experience, if you want to attack your ennemi you send your airplanes at the fashion "patrol", because in this fashion you won time, the bombers don't need refueling and lost more time. But you need to active because the ennemi can leave the zone of the patrol and you must give orders to your airplanes to change their places.
      I hope that i answer your question^^
      hes not talking about patrolling. hes talking about the PATROL TRICK
    • You can typically keep an eye on when the patrolling aircraft will "tick" and attack targets in the area by reading the info. in the army bar. As long as you move or stop the patrol before that time elapses, your aircraft will not be damaged unless there are overlapping enemy aerial patrols, or a friendly unit in your patrol area is directly attacked by enemy air units.

Patrol happens every 15 minutes in 1x maps, but as quickly as every 3 minutes 45 seconds in Tutorials which have 4x combat speed.
      We're always looking for top players to play together and learn from. Apply to Tokugawa Bakufu ( alliance code : KIOTO ) if you are a like-minded individual and wish to improve your game.

Whenever feasible, one should always try to eat the rude.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Marechal Saoul ().

• RiverWolf74 wrote:

Just patrol over a target, stop the patrolling after the plane has reached its target, and then patrol sgain. This means you will do damage to the enemy with no damage being done to you.
      You only deal damage when your planes either attack (such as in the 15 minute patrol tick) or when attacked (such as directly by enemy aircraft or by enemy aircraft on their patrol tick). Thus, if you deal damage to the enemy they will deal damage to you.
    • SaskeOtaku wrote:

more than anything else I'm interested in knowing the time in which to reprogram the patrol, exactly what would be the ideal time to carry out the trick?
      Otaku-san, what are you trying to achieve ? Are you scouting the enemy ? Are you attacking ground units ? Are you looking to protect your own ground units from enemy air units ?
      We're always looking for top players to play together and learn from. Apply to Tokugawa Bakufu ( alliance code : KIOTO ) if you are a like-minded individual and wish to improve your game.

Whenever feasible, one should always try to eat the rude.

• SaskeOtaku wrote:

more than anything else I'm interested in knowing the time in which to reprogram the patrol, exactly what would be the ideal time to carry out the trick?
      Planes on patrol attack every 15 minutes. If you reset the patrol they rest their timer. It doesn't matter if you do this every second, every five minutes, or just before the patrol tick; the effect is that you have 15 more minutes until your planes try to attack.
    • eruth wrote:

SaskeOtaku wrote:

Planes on patrol attack every 15 minutes. If you reset the patrol they rest their timer. It doesn't matter if you do this every second, every five minutes, or just before the patrol tick; the effect is that you have 15 more minutes until your planes try to attack.
      The players now love the games 1.5 so i don't think they played 1.0 and in the games 1.5 the patrol attack is every 3 minutes
      Chaos Elite domine mon grand ! :)
    • ShiNtoK wrote:

eruth wrote:

SaskeOtaku wrote:

The players now love the games 1.5 so i don't think they played 1.0 and in the games 1.5 the patrol attack is every 3 minutes
      but in 1.5 attack now does much more damage than patrol, so in my opinion attack is more worth it. Also if you are attacking a moving target and you patrol, it will stop doing damage once the unit goes out of range.
    • ShiNtoK wrote:

eruth wrote:

SaskeOtaku wrote:

Are you sure you weren't just in a speed round?
    • Patrol tick in any tutorial game is every 3 min 45 seconds. I believe this is true for both 1.0 and 1.5 tutorials.

In maps that are not tutorial patrols “tick” meaning they attack everything within their patrol circle every 15 game minutes. Games with a speed factor will reduce this time.

The old “trick” was to keep moving your planes and not allowing them to “tick”. This would mean your opponents planes would attack on their tick and yours would defend. Due to balancing changes in the attack and defend values of planes this “trick” is no longer effective and simply delays combat.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<