Gold Games!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gold Games!

Should COW introduce money enter rounds ($100 - $200 US)? 12
        Yes, for charitable cause. (6) 50%
        No, change nothing. (6) 50%
      Currently I am playing a world map and this round has become very drawn out. One of the players, (I shall not name) has spent in excess of 7-8 million gold and our non spend coalition has destroyed their every move, their tactics are atrocious, they have belated the game and have had more to drink then even me. I actually feel sorry for this player, that they have chosen to play a game for fun times and did not consider the strategical ambiguities of savage coining.

The reason this game has now become drawn out is that they have spent even more amounts of gold to compensate their allies that have been decimated at every turn, that is after they (the mad bad coiner) abandon them twice and yet they continue the inevitable, their defeat.

For this reasons and many others, I would propose that COW open new gaming rounds, rounds that cost actual money, about 100 - 200 US to enter these rounds and that the gold expenditure be limited to that of trophy gold only.

I already know that this can be easily debated to the ethics of this online game, however in the interest that compulsory gold rounds be introduced, that there also be charitable causation, to generate good gameplay and to essentially assist health related philanthropy.

Any thoughts.
    • OfLittleOrNoConcern, I thankyou for the feedback.

The idea of this gaming condition would be to make for a more interesting game, where players can flex their skills by their own standards, such a game would most certainly evolve the play strategy.

Players who use gold to achieve victory are usually interested in gameplay and making powerful movements, like red alert, or starcraft, I do not see why this is not a good idea, worth implementation.
    • bigboss_ironfist wrote:

OfLittleOrNoConcern, I thankyou for the feedback.

The idea of this gaming condition would be to make for a more interesting game, where players can flex their skills by their own standards, such a game would most certainly evolve the play strategy.

Players who use gold to achieve victory are usually interested in gameplay and making powerful movements, like red alert, or starcraft, I do not see why this is not a good idea, worth implementation.
      I do think that there should be rounds where we have to pay gold to enter but then cannot use gold in the round. However, this has been suggested many times before and Bytro has never responded to this suggestion, so I doubt they will implement this.
    • Ok I'm going to be open about this as this has been suggested too many times:

Some of us, players, live in poorer countries and can't afford tHINGS.

If "gold-to-enter" rounds become a thing, I will quit, as I'm sure a decent playerbase will only play these rounds which will leave a low quality of players behind then again which will make some users just quit the game.

If I had spare $100 in my wallet I wouldn't even think about paying this amount for a browser game. Let the price be $50, $20, $10 even $1.

Don't have to be from a poor country, most wouldn't pay a single cash for this game except for the gold abusers.

It might be sad, but "gold abusing" is the nature of this game. Not saying we should get used or that this shouldn't be discussed but it was brought up too many times...

Like... Ok... We get it, ok, almost everyone here (including me) would want a game that using gold for your advantage wouldn't be a thing but if people have to bring the same thing up for several times then why not bring something up that's suitable for everyone?
    • h4zel wrote:

Ok I'm going to be open about this as this has been suggested too many times:

If "gold-to-enter" rounds become a thing, I will quit, as I'm sure a decent playerbase will only play these rounds which will leave a low quality of players behind then again which will make some users just quit the game.

If I had spare $100 in my wallet I wouldn't even think about paying this amount for a browser game. Let the price be $50, $20, $10 even $1.

Don't have to be from a poor country, most wouldn't pay a single cash for this game except for the gold abusers.

It might be sad, but "gold abusing" is the nature of this game. Not saying we should get used or that this shouldn't be discussed but it was brought up too many times...

Like... Ok... We get it, ok, almost everyone here (including me) would want a game that using gold for your advantage wouldn't be a thing but if people have to bring the same thing up for several times then why not bring something up that's suitable for everyone?
      yeah 100$ USD is a HUGE amount.
    • h4zel wrote:

• Seaexplorer99 wrote:

I say have them be special fund raising events but only cost 50$
      $50 is still too much, but I agree that they can be something like fund raising events that don't come around as often but still satisfy the users that are seeking a "no gold" round.

Also

bigboss_ironfist wrote:

h4zel wrote:

What?
    • RiverWolf74 wrote:

why would somebody pay lots of mony to enter a round.. 100USD can by 260,000 gold. would you rather get hundreds of thousands of gold or just start a new game. also a lo of people such as me dont live in the US, an arent familiar with US currency, and might bepaying more than they rralize

h4zel wrote:

I don't think you really understood my point. These games would be ones where you pay an amount of gold to enter them (the amount that the average CoW player spends in a single round, plus a little) but then are unable to use any gold in that round itself. You are under no obligation to enter these rounds. This would be the only thing I would use my vast stockpile of gold winnings for. However, Bytro will never do this, so it's really not worth arguing about.
    • eruth wrote:

RiverWolf74 wrote:

why would somebody pay lots of mony to enter a round.. 100USD can by 260,000 gold. would you rather get hundreds of thousands of gold or just start a new game. also a lo of people such as me dont live in the US, an arent familiar with US currency, and might bepaying more than they rralize

h4zel wrote:

I don't think you really understood my point. These games would be ones where you pay an amount of gold to enter them (the amount that the average CoW player spends in a single round, plus a little) but then are unable to use any gold in that round itself. You are under no obligation to enter these rounds. This would be the only thing I would use my vast stockpile of gold winnings for. However, Bytro will never do this, so it's really not worth arguing about.
      I don't think you understood my point either, I'm saying that this will divide the playerbase and leave a corrupt one behind for people like me, also that reply is directed to OP, your suggestion is quite different and I replied to that in another comment so it's not me not getting your point.

But yeah, Bytro won't do this lol.
    • Gold games need work, I will see that this be made clear...bI have noticed the responses and only the traditional gold arguments can come from this....

We need to find polarity and circumstance that can both keep the game COW financed, keep all players interested, either coiner or not...and mostly, be able to make a fair game for all to enjoy...

One other point...COW needs to be financed more so to avoid mutliple account users who have done and I hate to say this, also they will be making hindrance to fair COW strategy....simple answer....money enter rounds....Not always a game for the second world taxi addict.

Gold games need work, I will see that this be made clear...bI have noticed the responses and only the traditional gold arguments can come from this....

We need to find polarity and circumstance that can both keep the game COW financed, keep all players interested, either coiner or not...and mostly, be able to make a fair game for all to enjoy...

One other point...COW needs to be financed more so to avoid mutliple account users who have done and I hate to say this, also they will be making hindrance to fair COW strategy....simple answer....money enter rounds....Not always a game for the second world taxi addict.
      Does anyone read my responses? How does this prevent the playerbase from dividing?

second world taxi addict l o l what

Gold games need work, I will see that this be made clear...bI have noticed the responses and only the traditional gold arguments can come from this....

Money enter rounds have already been a thing. Before all rounds were system created you could spend 5k gold to set up/enter a round that had features like Elite AI, Anonymous Users, and a few other things. It never created a huge problem.
    • eruth wrote:

bigboss_ironfist wrote:

Money enter rounds have already been a thing. Before all rounds were system created you could spend 5k gold to set up/enter a round that had features like Elite AI, Anonymous Users, and a few other things. It never created a huge problem.
      He means money enter not gold I think like he said in the first post paying 100USD to enter a game.
    • I see no harm in money enter rounds, especially if it contributes to charitable cause...covid etc.

The option is all of ours how we decide to play our strategy gaming.....making more options is all I did to help create a more friendly atmosphere for people who can coin, who at the same time want a fair game, and those that wish to battle out as we always do...oh...beating a coiner is a good feeling.....but unfortunately, fairness online has come at its cost

I have read all comments and will stand by my vote...
    • I voted yes, with an asterisk. 100USD is a lot for the individual CoW player (maybe), a much lower cost, maybe like 10USD, can be good enough.

I like the concept that Bytro can still earn money even with the absence of gold in the round, and I for one support this concept. However, I think in the details of things, it can still be improved (how often should these games pop up? what consequences will it bring to the playerbase? etc).

Then, there is the pessimistic but rather accurate view that Bytro simply does not wish to change the current system of gold. However, that doesn't really contribute to this thread, so let's throw that aside for a bit and just focus on this suggestion alone. Perhaps, maybe, Bytro might accept this idea?
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)