Puppeting countries

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Puppeting countries

what happened if you could create your own puppet country by conquering other countries also what happens if after the country has been conquered there is a peace conference and you could choose a/multiple provinces to turn into 1/or more puppets
    • Have you ever played Hearts of Iron 4??
      well if you haven't my idea is very similar to the game, which is when a country is conquered there would be a peace conference where you chose land you want and you can either puppet the rest

The Puppet:
      so my idea for a puppet country is that it would act independently but it cannot declare wars it can only fight in your wars you share the map with your puppets and you can use there soldiers, and it will stay loyal to you
    • so when you enter the war the puppet would immediately join in the war, and you can use it's troops like your using your own soldiers, and the puppet countrie would have to follow the orders, also the resources the puppet would have would go to the puppet and it could produce soldiers and buildings, if the puppet country does not have the resources it could ask the player to give it the resources by the chat and there was a seperate chat for your puppets
    • also when you have a puppet country it would be a lighter/ or darker colour to your country, this would be the same for all your puppets, and when you are in the peace treaty picking your puppet (or conquering all the land) you can pick the puppets capital/or it will be picked randomly and when the flag appears it will be the same as your country's, and in the normal game the name of your country is under the flag, for the puppet what happens if you did:

Country (puppet 1-(onwards))

also what i meant by who are you is as in i do not mean who are you in real life but i tried to contact someone who i could suggest my idea to and it came up with you (i tried to ask in the suggestion but i don't think it worked)
    • I don't see a point of having a small AI country which you can basically play like it's yours. Just get their land.

It would probably make more sense if you just asked a small country with an actual player to be your puppet country so you can discuss moves n stuff with them.
    • That's literally just HoI4. I'm all in favor of deep and complex historical games but that's just not the tone CoW is going for. The goal of CoW is to conquer the world in real time with other real people, and breaking the pace with a peace conference just doesn't fit in. Besides, you would need to add in many new systems for this to work; new diplomatic relationships for puppets, some way for people to take turns in a peace conference without "woops, the person ahead of you isn't going to log in for a another day so I guess you'll just have to wait" being a constant thing, some new system of wars that groups multiple countries together on a side in a war instead of every war just being a thing, some way to keep track of what land that country controlled before this war, etc etc etc. This alone would be more complex than the rest of the game.
      As to who we are, we're just other players who use the forum. Occasionally you'll get answers from people affiliated with Bytro and they have fancy green signs, but as far as I can tell they're just players with a bit of authority. If you're lucky Freezy, one of the actual game developers, will reply but that is very rare.
    • Blitz909 wrote:

also what i meant by who are you is as in i do not mean who are you in real life but i tried to contact someone who i could suggest my idea to and it came up with you (i tried to ask in the suggestion but i don't think it worked)
      If you post in the forum, anyone can answer and give their opinions. That's just how it works.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine