Italian Recognition

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Italian Recognition

I’ve noticed many historical inaccuracies on the 1939 historical world war map, here are some of the major inaccuracies:

-lack of recognition of Italian alpini, italy had 6 alpini divisions at the start of the Second World War yet only starts with one commando?! And Germany has more?! The oldest mountain troops in the world and arguably the best are completely ignored in this map

Alpini DivisionsEdit

-Lack of the Alpine wall for Italy, Italy at the start of the Second World War has a massive wall of fortifications stretching across their entire northern border, it was even said to be harder to get past than the Siegfried and maginot due to it being built into the alps. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpine_Wall

- Zadar being part of Yugoslavia, The Province of Zara(Italian: Provincia di Zara) was a province of the Kingdom of Italy, officially from 1918 to 1947. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Province_of_Zara

- Sweden is missing tanks?! At the end of WW2 Sweden had over 700 tanks, and in 1939 had around 40, that should be enough for at least 1 light tank division en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milita…weden_during_World_War_II

-Where is Italy’s naval bombers?! At the start italy has zero naval bombers despite their “da*ned hunchbacks” being considered if not the best, one of the greatest naval bombers of the war with over 1000 produced, and it was introduced in 1936 and refitted almost every year and was feared and respected by enemies and allies alike historynet.com/damned-hunchbacks.htm
    en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savoia-Marchetti_SM.79_Sparviero

There is one more thing, Italy had the largest submarine fleet in the world in 1939, with 117 submarines with only 8 being considered not modern, but in the game, Italy only starts with 3 base level submarines and submarines not even researched?! Talk about stereotypical U-boats are scary, (Italian submarines made up half of the Atlantic submarine fleet of the axis) while Germany starts with 6 submarines at start all level 3 was it? And submarines with a good level already researched? Excuse me?
    en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_submarines_of_World_War_II

(I’m sorry if I’m being rude just as an Italian I feel cheated and ignored as if our nation is an after thought : ( with our strengths being ignored) please please fix this inaccuracies and respect my beloved country, it deserves it for the hundreds of thousands that died, and have this game to represent and remember and honour them
  • Respectfully most Italian divisions has extremely high moral in 1939 it only went down in 1940 and went back up in 1941 and back down in 1943, you do realise the Italians did most the work in army group south, Greece, North Africa, and the pacific, and did all the work in East Africa and the Mediterranean? They even fought in East asia, you do realise that german propaganda blamed german failures on Italians right? For example how the Germans abandoned the Italians at Izbushrmsky, and the second battle of El Alamein, Italy got the Germans to Stalingrad, and under Rommels leader ship they got the axis to el alemein, and they did most of the sinking of ships in the Atlantic, if you look it up, Italians fought till the last man and we’re extremely hard to gauge in Defensive positions, and Germany’s made “tactical retreats” all the time, the Romanians were the ones with low moral, Italians only did at certain points and at Sicily, respect the millions of allied soldiers that died to the hands of the Italians please, and France I might add, didn’t have Fortificazioni in the Ardennes, yet in game they do, which is a major detail, Germany’s didn’t have medium tanks in 1939 either, in fact they had mostly panzer 1s which only had machine guns and were basically an armoured car.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Duke Of Aosta ().

• RiverWolf74 wrote:

i don’t mean to be rude, but if Italy had such a strong navy then how come U.K. managaged to land on southern Italy through Africa
    Because, by 1943 when Operation Husky went off, the British had achieved several significant victories over the Italian fleet (such as Cape Matapan and Taranto) and the British+Americans had total air superiority over the Southern Mediteranean. It's like asking why the Allies could do D-Day if the Germans had such a strong army.
  • Thank you it’s rare that I see people who actually stand up for facts, we also can’t forget that due to lack of oil 3/5 of the fleet had to be docked in ports, and they didn’t have radar on their ships which was the reason for their defeats, similar to the French tanks lacking radio making the panzers, although not as good of tanks, more effective

The post was edited 3 times, last by Duke Of Aosta ().

• Duke Of Aosta wrote:

Respectfully most Italian divisions has extremely high moral in 1939 it only went down in 1940 and went back up in 1941 and back down in 1943, you do realise the Italians did most the work in army group south, Greece, North Africa, and the pacific, and did all the work in East Africa and the Mediterranean? They even fought in East asia, you do realise that german propaganda blamed german failures on Italians right? For example how the Germans abandoned the Italians at Izbushrmsky, and the second battle of El Alamein, Italy got the Germans to Stalingrad, and under Rommels leader ship they got the axis to el alemein, and they did most of the sinking of ships in the Atlantic, if you look it up, Italians fought till the last man and we’re extremely hard to gauge in Defensive positions, and Germany’s made “tactical retreats” all the time, the Romanians were the ones with low moral, Italians only did at certain points and at Sicily, respect the millions of allied soldiers that died to the hands of the Italians please, and France I might add, didn’t have Fortificazioni in the Ardennes, yet in game they do, which is a major detail, Germany’s didn’t have medium tanks in 1939 either, in fact they had mostly panzer 1s which only had machine guns and were basically an armoured car.
    I find you funny, Germany got Germany to Stalingrad not Italy... Germany, Italy couldn't even beat Greece without German help, most of Italian victories is because of the Germans Italy was nearly beaten by a nation without technology, and as Italy "fought to the last man" AKA surrendered as soon as Allied troops landed on Italy Hitler invaded Italy to make sure the war in Italy would continue, Hitler grew tired of Italy's incompetents threw out the war Italy was useless, your also mistaken Germany did have medium tanks in 1939 idk where your getting your information from but i'll give you this... i have no idea about the Italian navy so i ain't gonna say anything about that, and the fact that Italy did most of the work in south Europe and was losing till the Germans came in and took out Greece like nothing goes to show that Italy was not ready for war nor was Italy modern.
  • I also don't like it when Italy's role is belittled in world war II. I think this country did a lot in World War II and in world history in General. I respect this great country and its equally great people.
    And it is better to respect all peoples, Nations, countries and so on.
    Sorry about my translator.
  • Jostik wrote:

I also don't like it when Italy's role is belittled in world war II. I think this country did a lot in World War II and in world history in General. I respect this great country and its equally great people.
    And it is better to respect all peoples, Nations, countries and so on.
    Sorry about my translator.
    Historic world war is not 100% historical. There are a lot of wrong things...such as:
    • Canada being smaller than US
    • The continent of Europe being too big.
    • France should have larger army than Germany.
    • Polands army is too strong.
    • Italy should have a bit more navy.
    • Small countries have too many troops.
    • Some random French and UK islands off the coast of Africa are core provinces.
    • Gydnia, Poland has no connection with the rest of Poland.
    • Sweden is weaker than it should be.
    • UK didn't have much food during the war but they have a lot in the game.
    • Germany did not have any source of oil.
    • Saudi Arabia and the rest of the Middle East need more oil.
    • Some central US and Canadian provinces should produce more food.
    The list goes on and on...
  • We require players to be polite and civil on the forum. Any further insults will result in the closure of the discussion.
    War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
    Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
  • Little_Debbie wrote:

GeneralAumSum wrote:

Little_Debbie wrote:

VorlonFCW wrote:

We require players to be polite and civil on the forum. Any further insults will result in the closure of the discussion.
    Huh we are polite, we don't need you the polite police to come to the rescue come on grow up dude the internet isn't a safe space
    I think that was not polite (response)
    It's my kind of polite
    So... not polite?