Gold cap 100k/day?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gold cap 100k/day?

I'm not against the concept of gold usage so please don't nail my suggestion down with that claim.

As well HC as gold is a way to keep the game funded. But I also think it would not be unreasonable to put a fairly large limit on it. And to keep it simple, my suggestion is a cap on spending per day. This will not limit any present actions with gold in the game (that is a different discussion).

The reason I am suggesting this is because I'm experiencing a gold spammer in my current game that dwarfes anything I ever saw. I never imagined anyone would use this feature to such an extend. I'm going to play on as long as possible to let this person sponsor the game as much as possible, but for the sake of quality in games to come, I think it would be a good and reasonable idea to put an overall cap on the spending. My suggestion of 100k/day is chosen in random, and it could perhaps be a different number.

Such a limit would not have changed the hughe advantage of my opponent in the present game, but it would have prevented the game from becoming right out ridiculous and from making other players quit. An experience like this will put off some players to quit the game for good (that is a fact if you read the reviews).
    • Jesus Jeremiah Christ, do you people never learn? Yes, you find gold spammers annoying, no, they will never change the current system. You don't bite the end that feeds you.

Please, stop suggesting garbage like this. (you are entitled to your opinion, don't get me wrong, but this has been suggested a million times before)
    • Honestly seeing a suggestion that focuses on limiting the players that cause the "problem" intead of limiting others that do nothing to cause it is nice, but this was truly suggested before (mainly back in 2016 as far as I can tell) and bytro probably won't do it lol.
    • NoobNoobTrain wrote:

You didn't really read it, did you? Just saw 'gold' and flew off the handle.
      I read it and completely agree with Agent. Seriously, use the search bar. There are dozens if not hundreds of threads asking for gold use to be limited. BYTRO WON'T DO IT. They make their money off of gold, and anything that limits the amount of money people are going to spend on gold is a complete no-go. However annoying you find gold spammers, I find it just barely less frustrating that you are the 874985739457 person I've seen asking for something to be done about gold spamming in the last month. Seriously, go read some of the previous threads about gold. You are saying nothing new.
    • I did search, but did not find a recent thread and not one with this kind of suggestion.
      Most of the gold discussion is about all kinds of nerfs to gold usage. If you payed attention to my suggestion, I did not do that.

Why the fuzz? Does Bytro really need you guys as a body guard? I believe they are very capable of defending themselves if needed.

Comment on the issue if you have opnions on it. Don't give me flak for mentioning a subject you don't want to see. If the subject annoys you, feel free to skip this thread.
    • I fully agree with eruth but I will take it one step further and tell you why aside from the "it's been said a million times before".

If you pay attention to how Bytro develops their games you might have noticed that they release a new update of some kind roughly every two weeks. These updates always have a certain size ie. amount of new features, bug fixes, etc.

They are operating on that pace and volume based on the human and technical resources they have in relation to the money the company makes with the current system of Gold in place.

What you need to know is that systems like that are volatile and fine-tuned, so making a change as large as putting a limit on how much Gold people can spend (this might not look like much to you, but a limit, no matter how large is a gigantic change to the bottom line) would completely cripple their financial means bringing the development of Call of War, the game you know and love, and all other games Bytro develops, to a stop.

You dont want that, I don't want that, so do yourself and others a favour and stop posting or asking about this stuff because even if you personally think it might be a good idea, it really isn't what you want.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Agent47 ().

• NoobNoobTrain wrote:

I did search, but did not find a recent thread and not one with this kind of suggestion.
      Most of the gold discussion is about all kinds of nerfs to gold usage. If you payed attention to my suggestion, I did not do that.

Why the fuzz? Does Bytro really need you guys as a body guard? I believe they are very capable of defending themselves if needed.

Comment on the issue if you have opnions on it. Don't give me flak for mentioning a subject you don't want to see. If the subject annoys you, feel free to skip this thread.
      I do have very strong opinions about it and that's that the gold system is fine the way it is and the more that people complain about it the more people feel that it is actually a problem, and the more that people feel that it's a problem the more likely they are to quit and the worst part about CoW is the quitting.
      Maybe they haven't suggested a cap on daily spending recently, but I've definitely seen it multiple times before. But how is limiting the amount of gold you can spend in a day not a nerf? Like, that is literally a nerf.
    • NoobNoobTrain wrote:

I'm not against the concept of gold usage so please don't nail my suggestion down with that claim.

As well HC as gold is a way to keep the game funded. But I also think it would not be unreasonable to put a fairly large limit on it. And to keep it simple, my suggestion is a cap on spending per day. This will not limit any present actions with gold in the game (that is a different discussion).

The reason I am suggesting this is because I'm experiencing a gold spammer in my current game that dwarfes anything I ever saw. I never imagined anyone would use this feature to such an extend. I'm going to play on as long as possible to let this person sponsor the game as much as possible, but for the sake of quality in games to come, I think it would be a good and reasonable idea to put an overall cap on the spending. My suggestion of 100k/day is chosen in random, and it could perhaps be a different number.

Such a limit would not have changed the hughe advantage of my opponent in the present game, but it would have prevented the game from becoming right out ridiculous and from making other players quit. An experience like this will put off some players to quit the game for good (that is a fact if you read the reviews).
      Are we in the same game ??
      Images
      • A2E3AC40-CAEC-4598-969D-CDE8ABD7ECA9.jpeg

209.09 kB, 950×1,792, viewed 6 times
    • h4zel wrote:

March 2019
      January 2019
      Another Jan 2019
      September 2018
      Another Sep 2018
      August 2016
      June 2016
      April 2016 (has a similar suggestion just with different numbers)

Forum's searching option can suck sometimes because you have to go through 50 pages to look for a thread BUT in this case simply use google. I literally looked up "Call of War gold limit" and these came up.
      yeah there has been a LOT of suggestions of this. NoobNoobTrain did you even search ?
    • Right, so because a subject was brought up more than a year ago, it absolutely cannot be discussed again? Don't be ridiculous.

It wasn't even the same suggestion. So stop your patronizing.

And you guys don't really know Bytros economy. You assume it all hinges on gold spammers. Of course it doesn't. And in any case: their business is none of your business, so keep it out of the suggestion subjects. Stick to the player views. Nothing else makes any sense.

The post was edited 1 time, last by NoobNoobTrain ().

• NoobNoobTrain wrote:

Right, so because a subject was brought up more than a year ago, it absolutely cannot be discussed again? Don't be ridiculous.

It wasn't even the same suggestion. So stop your patronizing.

And you guys don't really know Bytros economy. You assume it all hinges on gold spammers. Of course it doesn't. And in any case: their business is none of your business, so keep it out of the suggestion subjects. Stick to the player views. Nothing else makes any sense.
      1. We are not saying it can't be discussed, we are saying that it's frustrating to see the same thing that won't even happen over and over again. You offer nothing new and just bringing up the same topic up for rejection.

2. If it isn't the same suggestion, tell me how yours differ? Did you even check the posts I linked? They are all the same suggestion, some of them suggest a limit for day/hour/game and with different amounts but the suggestion is the same: gold limit. Yours don't differ and if you think it does, then explain. I have re-read your suggestion to be sure and it still doesn't differ.

3. You really don't know how a game works financially, do you? And if you ignore the company's view while suggesting something, then that doesn't make sense either. Why suggest if it won't work?
      Also there is a staff reply about how gold keeps the game running in one of the threads I linked, check them.

Edit: Found the thread, check the second reply.

Edit 2: One part of the last paragraph seems bigger than others, ignore that I don't have time to fix it now.
    • NoobNoobTrain wrote:

Their buisness is our business because if they go out of business we can no longer play this wonderful game.
    • I mean... You have already repeated something by making this thread in the first place but anyways, you don't answer the actual question here. How does your idea differ from the previous threads..?

Also the last sentence of your reply doesn't make sense and isn't related either...
    • Agent47 wrote:

NoobNoobTrain wrote:

Guys, this is walking circles. Nothing new has been added. I could repeat myself as you did, but there's no point. And you don't seem to understand the problem in how you voice this.

If I say 'HITLER' perhaps someone will close this thread?
      Let's try:
      HITLER
      HITLER
      HITLER
      HITLER
      HITLER

Thank you for coming to my ted talk.
      A: That's not how the community guidelines work.
      B: If you will just tell us how your idea differs from the other ideas I will edit all of my posts to be sincere apologies.