Tips and Tricks—Espionage part 1

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tips and Tricks—Espionage part 1

A lot of people will come across and say hey how to use spies? To answer this question, I’m going to create a series of threads explaining the working principles of spies and agents. This thread will talk about some mistakes and how to use the economic saboteur spy.

Some mistakes you may have committed:
      1. Putting spies in enemy capitals. It is quite common now to see people putting spies in capitals. This is a huge mistake. A capital will inevitably become the most developed province of a player. I’ve caught a decent number of spies in my capitol, mostly intelligence spies. Instead, put your intelligence spies in provinces that worth nothing to your enemy. These provinces are less likely to have counter espionage spies.
      2. Not moving your spies. Especially for economic and military saboteur spies, if you keep them in the same province for a long time, your enemy will realize what you’re trying to do and put counter espionage spies in the provinces.
      3. Overusing spies. For some very sensitive players, the usage of spies is an act of war. This may get you into an intense war which you never want to be in.

Now, how to use economic spies?
      First, a list of things that they can do.
      1. Steal enemy money and destroy enemy resource production.
      2. Destruct enemy buildings that can increase resource production. Back in the old days, it can destruct any type of building.ah
      3. Lower enemy province morale.
      Economic saboteurs can shut down your enemy real quick without declaring war if you know when and how to use it. Economic saboteurs are best used in stacks of 5+ and you should put one stack of spies in one resource production province. As the game proceeds, this will have a great impact on your enemy since your enemy will lack resources to build troops and the morale of provinces will get below the rebellion point. And......
      It can also used to tear up allies. If you know that your enemy is an ally of another person, put economic spies in provinces near the two peoples’ border. The land will rebel at some point, then your enemy will suffer great casualties and lose control over his land. Nobody normally will give the land back to its legitimate owner in this situation and the person who loses the land will become more desperate for the land over time and a war might break out.
      Ok let’s call it a day, hope you guys like my tips, see you next time.
    • Another tip (not really but you might enjoy it so I will consider this a tip) is if you have money to do so spam intelligence spies in countries that have nothing to do with you and leak all the information on the newspaper.

Most fun in big maps such as world at war, also when there are decent amount of people in the game that care.
    • RiverWolf74 wrote:

speaking of spies, i was once defeated in a battle bt still had a few million money so i spammed economic spis in the enemy cities and the next time i checked his cities were a ruin
      Lawful evil

h4zel wrote:

Another tip (not really but you might enjoy it so I will consider this a tip) is if you have money to do so spam intelligence spies in countries that have nothing to do with you and leak all the information on the newspaper.

Most fun in big maps such as world at war, also when there are decent amount of people in the game that care.
      Chaotic evil
      We're always looking for top players to play together and learn from. Apply to Tokugawa Bakufu ( alliance code : KIOTO ) if you are a like-minded individual and wish to improve your game.

Whenever feasible, one should always try to eat the rude.

• Here's something to add to your OP: if you have at least 5 military sabotage spies in a COMPLETELY EMPTY province (no units, no buildings) you have a very very good chance of getting reveal all armies. At least 6 is better becasue then if one gets caught you still have 5 left.
    • h4zel wrote:

Another tip (not really but you might enjoy it so I will consider this a tip) is if you have money to do so spam intelligence spies in countries that have nothing to do with you and leak all the information on the newspaper.

i was about to talk about it in future threads