CoW balancing changelog - 2020-07-14

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• NoobNoobTrain wrote:

OTOH there is already the spies allocated to provinces. Should they not just be used for spying bunkers?
      Spies only work once a day whereas troops can spy 24/7.

That would slow the game down enormously if you had to wait till day change and then also hope for a reveal.

Additionally now some troops like commanders are stealth, that would also mean you could only see this unit at a day change which Imo would make commanders insanely strong as well as make the game like hide and seek.
      Torpedo28000
      Main Administrator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • Torpedo28000 wrote:

NoobNoobTrain wrote:

OTOH there is already the spies allocated to provinces. Should they not just be used for spying bunkers?
      That would slow the game down enormously if you had to wait till day change and then also hope for a reveal.

Additionally now some troops like commanders are stealth, that would also mean you could only see this unit at a day change which Imo would make commanders insanely strong as well as make the game like hide and seek.
      commandos may be elite, but there should be a thing that when there is more than a few regiments in a province, the stealth goes off. Because when too many troops are at the same place, the chance of being spotted increases in real life.
      It’s like in a crime scene. Let’s say:
      A guy stole something. He has 5 friends who tag around him and also helped him steal other stuff. If they went in a mall, won’t people be like suspicious and investigate?
      hi
    • Torpedo28000 wrote:

NoobNoobTrain wrote:

I think you got me wrong. I was only talking about units in bunkers.
    • El Cazador wrote:

<p>Freezy<br><br></p><pre>My interceptor, on a map, managed to track a submarine that was grouped with a battleship. Is it a bug?</pre>
      I believe that change only affected newly created map rounds, not existing rounds.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

El Cazador wrote:

<p>Freezy<br><br></p><pre>My interceptor, on a map, managed to track a submarine that was grouped with a battleship. Is it a bug?</pre>
      I believe that change only affected newly created map rounds, not existing rounds.
      Indeed, only rounds created after July 14th. So if it happened in a 1.5 round created after this date then it is a bug, otherwise not.
    • UNSC_Scerbs wrote:

freezy wrote:

Well we have a graph that shows us the wins per faction, and right now it is pretty balanced. We will keep monitoring it.
      Is there a way for players to see?
      No, that's internal only, sorry. Maybe we will publish some selected and curated stats in the future. But as I said, the wins per Doctrine are reasonably close to each other with some fluctuations here and there. It also depends on the map and if its a coalition win or solo win.
    • freezy wrote:

UNSC_Scerbs wrote:

freezy wrote:

Well we have a graph that shows us the wins per faction, and right now it is pretty balanced. We will keep monitoring it.
      No, that's internal only, sorry. Maybe we will publish some selected and curated stats in the future. But as I said, the wins per Doctrine are reasonably close to each other with some fluctuations here and there. It also depends on the map and if its a coalition win or solo win.
      so which doctrine is better for which map???
    • actually I can give it to u. Give me a few days. I will privately Send it to u through conversation.ps: Algeria is good for rush for eurpoe

RiverWolf74 wrote:

freezy wrote:

UNSC_Scerbs wrote:

freezy wrote:

so which doctrine is better for which map???
      hi
    • there was a stealth anti-tank in an urban province, the armored vehicles saw the unit (new map, speed event 6), and then I sent 10 tacticians to shoot down the anti-tank. But it happened that, my tactics took damage from the ant-tank, since the unit did not undergo any type of modification. That was when I had the idea of attacking directly, and then that was the ant-tank. Would that be a bug?
    • there was a stealth anti-tank in an urban province, the blind saw the unit (new map, speed event 6), and then sent 10 tacticians to shoot down the anti-tank. But it turned out that my tactics led to damage to the tank, as the unit did not undergo any changes. It was when an idea to attack directly, and then it was like the anti-tank. Would that be a bug?

• Not this new iteration specifically, but 1.5 in general. I will in the upcoming days (or at least thats the plan) write my review on many different aspects of 1.5 as now I have played quite a few maps so my experience is more real and so now my reviews and comments have substance and examples to build off, not just speculations.

As a quick comment, so far my 1.5 thoughts are very positive and for the most part I am really enjoying it!

Industry and Local Industry:

Ill solely be considering non-core provinces as ofc it is crucial to build Ind andLC in core provinces and LC is better in core than a non core ind. As well as commenting on majority of times as there is always a rare exception.

Industry(urban provinces). I really like this addition. The lvl 4 and 5 feel really impactful and just the whole balancing of industry for prices feels well done.I do think it would be cool if they provided a small moral boost (like infra did in 1.0 - infra providing a rss boost aspect) and with future changes having another method of increasing moral in cities for production might be important;). I did actually prefer when they increased rss by 125% as lvl 4 and 5 felt even more impactful. But at the same time I cannot remember how the cost felt for it being more expensive to build. So I think it would be nice if that returned, but I cannot actually comment how well balanced it was or difficult to get the lvl 4-5s. So really I just remember really enjoying that lvl 5 increase :D.

Local industry (rural provinces). I feel this building is just ehh or useless. The devs will have more knowledge on this, but I just feel ind is worth building more thanLC. Ind are in double rss so their rss increase is significantly more. While they do provide a 200% rather than 100% increase. I am yet to see players buildLC in non cores rather than ind. I also have just build ind instead of LC outside of cores. Someone in my alliance did a cost analysis, and ind was far superior in the long run and the amortising time was almost the same, so cost for cost ind was superior - unless that players analysis was incorrect ofc.

Additionally,given moral plays such an important part in rss generation, I also believe itis more beneficial to build ind as well as lvl 3 infra in the same province.This increases moral and increases rss generation the most. Because it is Istrongly believe more feasible to build infra in cities, and not every province(I also believe if we could spam out enough infra to build in every provincethey would be too cheap and easy) LC are long term not the best option. If I ammissing something, someone please correct me.

My reasonfor this is as follows:

Day 1 arural rare province produces 1,157 rares per day

Day 1 anurban rare province produces 4628 rares per day

The costand construction times of LC and ind are the same for lvl 1,2 and 3.

With alvl 3 LC in a rare rural province this would then increase production by 200%resulting in 2,314 rares per day

With alvl 3 ind in a rare urban province this would then increase production by 45%resulting in 2,086 rares per day

Both costthe same amount so for the same cost LC only provides 228 more rares per daywhich is also 9.5 more rares per hour. While yes that is an improvement, it is way not significant enough. Esp when lvl 4 andlvl 5 LC lvls provide a 55% rss bost between them meaning simply building lvl 4and then 5 totally make ind the superior option. The economic potential gainfrom lvl 4 and lvl 5 ind is super beneficial, and this potential will onlysacrifice 228 of a rss per day until they are contructed. This means for me Iwill always build ind as it is superior (not including in core as obv buildeverything in core). I am assuming this is by design but at least for me this justmeans in non-core provinces LC is really not useful unless I have built lvl 5ind in everything already. Combined with the fact building infra will be morelikely in urban for reasons stated above I don't see a use for LC.

Toaddress this: Perhaps making the amortisation time of LC 2-3 days instead of5-6. With the intention making a clear difference between LC and ind. - LC willprovide a greater short-term boost, while ind provides the greater long-termboost. If a player is stuck in a tough war, LC might be better to build as theywill pay themselves off sooner and thus provide a greater benefit when a playerneeds the additional rss now/in a few days. But long-term, ind will providemore rss. I think making a better distinction between ind and LC would bebeneficial. At least to me, it seems Ind is just the better choice as bothamortise in the same time. So while LC is cheaper, saving up for ind will payoff in the same time, and provide greater rss production long-term. While alsohaving the likelihood of having infra in the ind provinces to further increaserss production.

As analternate idea, or one that could be done at the same time. Perhaps LC providea small amount of moral boost? This would give an incentive to build thisbuilding and also counter my issue of we should build infra in urban not ruralas the economic benefits will be greater.

What everis chosen. I just currently feel ind is the superior choice pretty much in allsituations so LC are just useless. Both buildings seem to do the same thing, but ind is just superioras they will be built in the double rss provinces. Given the amortisation timeis almost the same, waiting an extra hour or two to build ind I believe is thebetter choice. If ofc the amortisation time is significantly different/they doprovide a significantly better short-term bonus then perhaps explaining this inthe tool-tip as I can say myself and my alliance currently are not able to seethat difference (if it does exist! :)) I do understand the focus is on buildingup urban not rural provinces. And currently I see that being the case, I justfeel LC is not worth building unless you have built ind in all provincesalready (which is unlikely), so giving a reason to build LC as currently as Ishowed above the difference is negligible due to the fact lvl 4 and 5 indprovide the real boost, and there is the potential that infra will be built inurban which will further increase rss production. If the goal is LC will bebuilt, currently I don't see the benefit in doing so. :)
      Torpedo28000
      Main Administrator
    • Torpedo28000 wrote:

Not this new iteration specifically, but 1.5 in general. I will in the upcoming days (or at least thats the plan) write my review on many different aspects of 1.5 as now I have played quite a few maps so my experience is more real and so now my reviews and comments have substance and examples to build off, not just speculations.

As a quick comment, so far my 1.5 thoughts are very positive and for the most part I am really enjoying it!

Industry and Local Industry:

Ill solely be considering non-core provinces as ofc it is crucial to build Ind andLC in core provinces and LC is better in core than a non core ind. As well as commenting on majority of times as there is always a rare exception.

Industry(urban provinces). I really like this addition. The lvl 4 and 5 feel really impactful and just the whole balancing of industry for prices feels well done.I do think it would be cool if they provided a small moral boost (like infra did in 1.0 - infra providing a rss boost aspect) and with future changes having another method of increasing moral in cities for production might be important;). I did actually prefer when they increased rss by 125% as lvl 4 and 5 felt even more impactful. But at the same time I cannot remember how the cost felt for it being more expensive to build. So I think it would be nice if that returned, but I cannot actually comment how well balanced it was or difficult to get the lvl 4-5s. So really I just remember really enjoying that lvl 5 increase :D.

Local industry (rural provinces). I feel this building is just ehh or useless. The devs will have more knowledge on this, but I just feel ind is worth building more thanLC. Ind are in double rss so their rss increase is significantly more. While they do provide a 200% rather than 100% increase. I am yet to see players buildLC in non cores rather than ind. I also have just build ind instead of LC outside of cores. Someone in my alliance did a cost analysis, and ind was far superior in the long run and the amortising time was almost the same, so cost for cost ind was superior - unless that players analysis was incorrect ofc.

Additionally,given moral plays such an important part in rss generation, I also believe itis more beneficial to build ind as well as lvl 3 infra in the same province.This increases moral and increases rss generation the most. Because it is Istrongly believe more feasible to build infra in cities, and not every province(I also believe if we could spam out enough infra to build in every provincethey would be too cheap and easy) LC are long term not the best option. If I ammissing something, someone please correct me.

My reasonfor this is as follows:

Day 1 arural rare province produces 1,157 rares per day

Day 1 anurban rare province produces 4628 rares per day

The costand construction times of LC and ind are the same for lvl 1,2 and 3.

With alvl 3 LC in a rare rural province this would then increase production by 200%resulting in 2,314 rares per day

With alvl 3 ind in a rare urban province this would then increase production by 45%resulting in 2,086 rares per day

Both costthe same amount so for the same cost LC only provides 228 more rares per daywhich is also 9.5 more rares per hour. While yes that is an improvement, it is way not significant enough. Esp when lvl 4 andlvl 5 LC lvls provide a 55% rss bost between them meaning simply building lvl 4and then 5 totally make ind the superior option. The economic potential gainfrom lvl 4 and lvl 5 ind is super beneficial, and this potential will onlysacrifice 228 of a rss per day until they are contructed. This means for me Iwill always build ind as it is superior (not including in core as obv buildeverything in core). I am assuming this is by design but at least for me this justmeans in non-core provinces LC is really not useful unless I have built lvl 5ind in everything already. Combined with the fact building infra will be morelikely in urban for reasons stated above I don't see a use for LC.

Local Industry in rural provinces provides a better return on resources spent than urban provinces while also not taking away time building troops production buildings from urban provinces, really only important early game. Building industry in non-core provinces is basically a waste of resources unless it is a map where a particular resource is in much higher demand. Better to build more troops to take more land for more resources than to build non-core industry. By mid game you will want all industry in all your core provinces maxed out, non resource producing provinces become important for manpower. Attached is a quick table I made highlighting the differences, has some short comings but relatively safe for comparative purposes.
      Images
      • row_rss.PNG

19.94 kB, 874×280, viewed 14 times
    • I’m not entirely sure people are correct here for their MP statements.

Industry and local industry Provide the same rss bonuses and MP bonuses in comparison with each other. 120% and 240% so my math above will still hold true. Although rural comparatively might give more MP than their urban counter part as I will state below is not as useful.

Additionally, rural only provides a MP boost when it is in a province with no other rss and that MP boost still results in less MP produced than in a urban province. So yes perhaps LC provide a tad more MP if built in an empty rss province but the way I see it is why build LC in a province that only gives MP when it could be build in a province that also gives a rss and only slightly less MP. Seems wasteful imo. And if my thinking is core out leads me right back to my initial issue.
      Torpedo28000
      Main Administrator