What's your favorite vehicle in World war two (land, air ,sea)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What's your favorite vehicle in World war two (land, air ,sea)

Well I gotta say that the M18 Gun Motor Carriage would be my top favorite next to the M4 medium tank, even though the Sherman was massed produces during world war two Another favorite is from the rising sun, The B5N2 Kate 5,928 of them was built, also my favorite naval ship is USS Iowa . But you tell me what's your favorite vehicle
      In war there is no substitute for victory-- Douglas MacArthur

Decisions! And a general, a commander in chief who has not got the quality of decision, then he is no good.---Bernard Montgomery

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning
      ---- Erwin Rommel

The longer the battle lasts the more force we'll have to use!
      ----georgy zhukov
    • Interesting ship :D

Decisions! And a general, a commander in chief who has not got the quality of decision, then he is no good.---Bernard Montgomery

---- Erwin Rommel

----georgy zhukov
    • that true, though if the Nazis made the V-2 earlier it would do a lot of damage

---- Erwin Rommel

----georgy zhukov

The post was edited 1 time, last by ta-wint ().

• Vehicles;

Light tank : T-71

Med Tank : super Pershing - T-34-85 was a great tank in terms of how many produced , but not features in comparison

TD : Hellcat M18 TD followed by JagPanther (T95 was pretty beastly , but just too slow)

Heavy Tank : Tiger

SPG : M41 155mm

Propeller Aircraft: Mosquito Bomber

Ship : Montanna Class battleship
      Remember: wherever you go , there you are.
    • For me it has to be the H-44 Battleship. The H-Class series was a series of proposed battleships to be produced during the 1940's period in germany with each ship in the series bigger and bolder than the last. With the H-44 the biggest, but was cancelled mainly due to it being expensive. To put it into perspective i shall compare it with the Bismark

DesignBismarckH-44
      Displacement50,300 t131,000 t
      Length251 m345 m
      Beam36 m51.5 m
      Draft9.3 m 12.7 m
      Main Armament8 × 38 cm (15 in)8 × 50.8 cm (20.0 in)
      Secondary Armament12 × 15 cm (5.9 in)
      16 × 10.5 cm (4.1 in)
      12 × 15 cm (5.9 in)
      16 × 10.5 cm (4.1 in)
      AA 16 × 3.7 cm (1.5 in)
      12 × 2 cm (0.79 in)
      28 × 3.7 cm (1.5 in)
      40 × 2 cm (0.79 in)
      TorpedoesNope6 × 53.3 cm (21.0 in)

Forum Gang Divine Entity :00000156:

Taking over the Forum 1 post at a time.
    • Yes the H-44 was inspired by the plans shared from Imperial Japan of the Yamato class battleships.

It wasnt just cost though. Apparently the 20 inch gun barrels would have had to be replaced after less than a score of firings (some people speculated less than 10). This coupled with a very deep draft (over 30 feet) meant that certain ports would be denied. That , and a marginalized strategic value (many in Germany's navy saw the rise of the aircraft carrier - it was Hitler and Durnitz who loved the big tanks , big ships) with the threat of aircraft assured that it would never be constructed , even if the resources could be spared.

It would have been a monolith .. no more like a build on the scale of the pyramids in terms of effort needed by the country. The shells from those guns could have tore through any ship from stem to stern. It would have been impressive for sure.

I liked the Montanna class for the speed/armor/firepower combination. That and the states had built like 4 of them to start with. It still blows me away the Japanese managed to build 2 Yamato class.. the parallel cost comparison in todays dollars would have been in the trillions.
      Remember: wherever you go , there you are.
    • I love the KV-2, powerhouse of a heavy/artillery tank
      Cromwell got me too
      "A knight cannot save the world. They call certain methods of fighting good and others evil, acting as if there were some nobility to the battlefield."

"Honor? Glory? There's no point in speaking to a killer who indulges in such nonsense."

"It's a crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated"
    • Pretty cool

---- Erwin Rommel

----georgy zhukov

• USS Augusta,a large battleship.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • God bless america :D

---- Erwin Rommel

----georgy zhukov
    • ta-wint wrote:

God bless america :D
      God blees America!

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

• purplepizza117 wrote:

George Washington. wrote:

ta-wint wrote:

God bless america :D
      God blees America!
      God bless America and America bless God.
      Clear!