“E7 is attacking a17”

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• “E7 is attacking a17”

If this is an issue for you as well, you know exactly what this is about based on the subject.

I love the new additions to the game, looks clean. Buuuut...as someone who plays on the phone, I heavily relied on the text that would tell you which units were engaging enemy units. Especially in naval battles where the unit positioning can get very wonky. Now not only does it not say who you’re attacking, but it doesn’t even say you ARE attacking. This is a huge bummer for me, as I’d trade this back for the simplistic “damage/defense” i that tells you basic attacking and defending info.

I would like to think this was removed by accident and will be back, but is that the case?? Why is it I’m the only one in my 2 current games that is missing this feature terribly?? Anyone else?? Please bring it back (at least to mobile, at least 1 person said he still sees it on PC) :(
    • Can you post a screenshot please that shows where the attacking information is missing for you?

Keep in mind that when troops are standing in a citiy and they are attacked by enemies, that those standing troops don't attack themselves, they only defend, dealing out their defense damage. That means that for troops in cities the attack info is not shown, which is not a bug.
    • Okay. Previously, if you clicked on my infantry, it would always say “I 22 attacked Y 7”

or from the other unit POV it would say, “Y 7 was attacked by I 22”

this was something I believe it or not relied on so often, due to using low graphics, and it was immensely helpful while engaged in a large, messy naval battle, air battle, or when you have a lot of artillery firing away at units you specifically picked to be attacked...as of now, if there are multiple units (God forbid 5+) engaged in a battle? You can’t know who is attacking who, you just have to hope for the best.

It was so so so so so helpful/useful! And just incase anyone didn’t use this tool tip, it would appear to the direct left of what is now the large “i” for Army/group info. The area is now just blank, as you can see.

I assumed it had something to do with the new i symbol in some way...but I would trade the army info break down for the ability to see exactly which unit I’m attacking, in a heart beat.

Please, PLEASEEEEE tell me this wasn’t done on purpose, and it’ll be returned???

It doesn’t appear to show on PC anymore either, however some people have claimed it does for them.

p.s it doesn’t seem to make a difference if I’m in low, or high graphics...it’s missing in both :(

I had to crop the photos cuz it said they were too large.

The post was edited 6 times, last by BabyDollx ().

• BabyDollx wrote:

Okay. Previously, if you clicked on my infantry, it would always say “I 22 attacked Y 7”

this was something I believe it or not relied on so often, due to using low graphics, and it was immensely helpful while engaged in a large, messy naval battle, air battle, or when you have a lot of artillery firing away at units you specifically picked to be attacked...as of now, if there are multiple units (God forbid 5+) engaged in a battle? You can’t know who is attacking who, you just have to hope for the best.

It was so so so so so helpful/useful! And just incase anyone didn’t use this tool tip, it would appear to the direct left of what is now the large “i” for Army/group info. The area is now just blank, as you can see.

I assumed it had something to do with the new i symbol in some way...but I would trade the army info break down for the ability to see exactly which unit I’m attacking, in a heart beat.

Please, PLEASEEEEE tell me this wasn’t done on purpose, and it’ll be returned???

It doesn’t appear to show on PC anymore either, however some people have claimed it does for them.

p.s it doesn’t seem to make a difference if I’m in low, or high graphics...it’s missing in both :(

BabyDollx wrote:

Okay. Previously, if you clicked on my infantry, it would always say “I 22 attacked Y 7”

on mobile/mobile web the thing was never there. On PC it’s still there
      hi