Enhanced graphics ..UGH!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Enhanced graphics ..UGH!

I want to love enhanced graphics, but I play in low quality mode! Here’s WHY...

WHY DOES IT MAKE THE MAP LOOK LIKE A CROSS BETWEEN A KALEIDOSCOPE AND A “3D” book that you stare at and go cross eyed to see the hidden “3D” image!?!? :/

Call me crazy ...but the terrain just looks SOOOO MUCH cleaner in low quality mode. I believe it’s due in part because of the awkward shade of green/brown, but also I think the main reason is that low graphics presents a more...”flat” aspect? And it just allows me to find my units easier. Also, the ...idk what you call them, the “trails” units follow? The pathway lines? They are horribly ugly in enhanced mode, and veryyyyy simple in low quality, a simple red line, that’s all I need, I don’t need that gross puke, yellowish/green/red line...also it’s too thick in enhanced.

there is ONE giant reason that makes low quality not as good...that is unit positioning...it is absolutely horrific in low quality. You could be seeing a unit in a spot, when in reality, it’s 2-6 HOURS away from that location...it gets so bad (ESPECIALLY FOR NAVAL) that I have to simply rely on the “you’re here marker”.

Enhanced graphics has no real issue like that, not to that extent anyways, but the coloring, and the fat lines, the pseudo “3D mountains” that are not 3D at all so it just looks awkward, the UGLY, muted colors that just remind me of baby s- ...of gross stuff I mean, it is the definition of “PUKE GREEN” and how it’s not exactly a flat map but it is so it messes with my eyes, making it hard to find units, all of these things lead me to having a rough visual experience to say the least on a game I absolutely adore. Doesn’t anyone else find HD graphics make it hard to see/find your units??...so this leaves me torn...

Enhanced graphics: shows exactly where units are, accurate locations, and faster wartime updating.. but it is an eye sore, it makes me nearly nausea to stare at the dried puke green coloring, and the pathway lines are hideous. Also find it’ll crash often (I have a brand new iPhone SE 2020, it should never crash)

Low graphics: Looks so much cleaner, easier on my eyes due to natural coloring, and flat map surface. Pathway lines are simple red (or nation color) and I can locate units easier due to all of this. But it’s biggest selling point is how much easier on the eyes the map itself is. As enhanced graphics maps look like those 3D books you stare at to go cross eyed and see images lol.
      However...the unit positioning is something straight from the 9th circle of Hell. If you have a large navy, prepare to think they’re off the coast of Seattle, but they’re actually located near L.A. (I’m not even really joking...it gets REALLY bad...) this isn’t as much of an issue with ground units but can still get nasty...air units have this issue pretty bad as well. So it’s only real advantage is that the map is just easier on my eyes for extended playing sessions...but it for sure DOES somehow give me a more ...authentic? Experience, it feels less like a $2.99 iPhone turn based dime a dozen WWII game ...where despite the HD mode PLAYING superior...somehow looks way worse...

so I’m torn. I can have a better logistical experience in a sim warfare (high) but feel like I’m going to get sick due to the tacky, cheap looking visuals..

or I can have the more simple, easy on the eyes experience which keeps the same core mechanics (low) and essence of the sim...but have to constantly fight with my units not being where I think they are, seeing unit HP go from 97% to 22% instantly, and being a much more poor experience overall while IN COMBAT...

What to do...? Why can’t we just have enhanced graphics, with a flat, surface map, that isn’t colored to look like a freaking Kaleidoscope on LSD...? I want a SIMPLE, SIMPLE looking map, with natural colors, and GOOD or at least fairly ACCURATE unit positioning...

I don’t think more than 1-2% of the players who play this game are here for the graphics. I’ll always take gameplay over graphics, but I need to be able to see my units easily, and not feel sick after 7 minutes.

sorry for typos, but in my defense ...I don’t care.

Thank you. Long live sacred Germany!!!
    • RiverWolf74 wrote:

there are a lot of different graphic settin like norale and relstion view. you can make your graphic and use the settigs and get!the design you want
      To expand a bit on Riverwolf's post, I suggest you go to settings and try to toggle/un-toggle some options. The one you're complaining about might be the default of the enhanced graphics version, which is your country is yellow (quite a bright yellow in fact), your allies are shades of bright green, neutral countries are brown, and hostile countries are red. I honestly don't really like that, so I turn the option of "show relations" off, which turns the colors of each country back to their "default", so to speak.

Other options include "show morale", "show province names", etc. Morale one is quite confusing in my opinion, but it gives you a good idea where there might be a rebellion, and if it's on a border, it can give you hints on some war that's been going on in some faraway country, etc.

Just test out some stuff, and see which one you like!
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Thanks for the replies!! I know about the options, how it just ...idk the way the units look in high graphics just feel messy..? I didn’t know actually about the show relations option idk why I didn’t notice that one...I’ll try that lol. As far as “show province names” I have no clue what hat does, because when I click it, nothing changes...no names pop up, none go away...what am I missing??

what did you mean when you said it can give you hints on a war going on far away?? Could you explain that for me? Thanks again!!
    • BabyDollx wrote:

what did you mean when you said it can give you hints on a war going on far away?? Could you explain that for me? Thanks again!!
      Basically, once you turn "show morale" on, you can see the entire map's morale. So let's say you're playing in a 22p as Germany, and you wanna know if your rival Ukraine is fighting any wars. By turning the option on, you might find that Voroshilovgrad, a Ukrainian city, is red, which is basically below 30% morale. This means one of two things: either Ukraine had recently recaptured the city, or if the surrounding provinces are also red/orange (orange is below 40% I think), then it means Ukraine is suffering morale problems.

It can also tell you whether some of your provinces are in danger of rebelling. Basically any province with red means it's at a pretty low morale and has a chance to rebel.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • While I can certainly understand your gripes with the WebGl graphics you should try to get used to them because one day -whenever that day will be - canvas will be depracated because maintating two renderers eats a lot of resources and was only done as a service to the community.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Agent47 ().

• well couldn’t find the ship pic I think I threw it to the trash bin but I just took a snap shot of Low graphics, watch my Matilda swim in the water at Boston, but actually there are at the city centre but Low graphics sucks too
      Images
      • 24D94CFA-3466-4787-8FE1-E5870F70FCAF.jpeg

368.6 kB, 1,202×683, viewed 5 times
      hi