Tips and Tricks—URGENT—construction in CoW 1.5

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tips and Tricks—URGENT—construction in CoW 1.5

It’s been a while since CoW 1.5 first established, but apparently lots of people do not know how to produce troops and boost their economy properly in CoW 1.5.
      Some common mistakes:
      1. Construct Secret Labs in the first day of a 1.5 game.
      2. Build too much high-level industry in cities.
      3. Build a damn good variety of low-level unit-producing buildings.
      Possible punishments you may get from these mistakes:
      1. Are you kidding me!? Secret labs do nothing at all in the first few days. As you waste your resources and time constructing them, others have already owned a strong conventional force.
      2. Wanna boost your economy? Build LOCAL industry. Industry(those built in cities) cost simply too much to build. Do never ever waste your starting resources.
      3. Two paths lie in front of you: one is you get a bunch of weak units and you eventually lose, two is that you can have high-end troops, but will be frustrated by the lengthy production time. If you are bad at morale management, R.I.P. YOU KNOW WHICH CoW PLAYER, dead because of long unit production times.
      So how to set proper construction orders?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Joe-6989 ().

• #1. One Type At A Time! Cities are precious land, build one type of unit-production building each city only. e.g. You build an ordnance foundry in Jacksonville upgrade it. Don’t build sth. like an aircraft factory or industry in it, until the ordnance foundry is fully upgraded.
      EXCEPTIONS: In cities that have a secret lab, build a lvl.1 aircraft factory along with the lab. Secret units like rockets, rocket fighter and nukes need aircraft factories to operate. In coastal cities build a naval base along with any building that can produce non-naval units. Prioritize in upgrading the building that is built along with the naval base until you can produce lvl.2 battle ships.
      #2. NO INDUSTRY. Until mid-game. For boosting economy, local industry is your best friend, so as infrastructure. Infras are the only buildings that can boost morale. Industry is just expensive to build.
      #3. INFRAS. Build infrastructure in places away from your current capital and in key production provinces. This will help you boost economy.
      #4. Build only when you can. If your troops are particularly weak in a tech branch, say naval, don’t build naval bases that quick. Prioritize in researching naval units, then build naval bases.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Joe-6989 ().

• I have had a peek in to COW 1.5, it does appear to be worth playing and will do so.

What I did find in this game is that coalitions are more necessary, option to play early game resources is certainly more difficult.

Usually the option to construct naval yards early game is best, as they do build faster...COW 1.5 is generally seeming slow at first but will possibly be the next big impact in COW strategy gaming.
    • Good tips overall, but I agree with River

RiverWolf74 wrote:

for one of your tips, local industries are cheaper but loal provinces produce less resources.overall industries in cities are much better
      I usually first build something that's for unit production as they are built in shorter times than industries, then get to build industries if I won't be able to check the game later that day. For example, I could upgrade a tank plant but I will be sleeping when it's done and it won't be useful to have it to lvl 2 at that point, so I just build industry so when it's done while I'm sleeping it will at least be useful.

Maybe that's too basic but ehhhhh
    • h4zel wrote:

Good tips overall, but I agree with River

RiverWolf74 wrote:

for one of your tips, local industries are cheaper but loal provinces produce less resources.overall industries in cities are much better
      I usually first build something that's for unit production as they are built in shorter times than industries, then get to build industries if I won't be able to check the game later that day. For example, I could upgrade a tank plant but I will be sleeping when it's done and it won't be useful to have it to lvl 2 at that point, so I just build industry so when it's done while I'm sleeping it will at least be useful.
      Maybe that's too basic but ehhhhh
      I just checked indsutries in cities and local industries cost the same :}
    • Joe-6989 wrote:

3. Two paths lie in front of you: one is you get a bunch of weak units and you eventually lose, two is that you can have high-end troops, but will be frustrated by the lengthy production time. If you are bad at morale management, R.I.P. YOU KNOW WHICH CoW PLAYER, dead because of long unit production times.

I always build weak troops(infantry and armoured cars) but I end up gaining loads of ground. I won a game with that technique. Non-speed round tip:
      Just do lights on day 2, mot. Infantry on day 3, mech. Infantry on day 5, Matilda when u r on the losing edge(players gang up against u)

Speed round x6 speed
      Day 1: infantry day 1, arm car day 1, lt day 2, ARTY day 3, AA day 2, AT day 5/6/7/8/9/10, SP arty day 15/16/17/18/19/20, SP AA day 11, destroyer day 1, sub day 2, battleship day 10.
      That always works
      hi
    • Nn gg wrote:

Joe-6989 wrote:

I always build weak troops(infantry and armoured cars) but I end up gaining loads of ground. I won a game with that technique. Non-speed round tip:Just do lights on day 2, mot. Infantry on day 3, mech. Infantry on day 5, Matilda when u r on the losing edge(players gang up against u)

Speed round x6 speed
      Day 1: infantry day 1, arm car day 1, lt day 2, ARTY day 3, AA day 2, AT day 5/6/7/8/9/10, SP arty day 15/16/17/18/19/20, SP AA day 11, destroyer day 1, sub day 2, battleship day 10.
      That always works
      it really depends what doctrine you are playing. for allies you should research high lvel units cause researching and upgrading are quicker
    • RiverWolf74 wrote:

Nn gg wrote:

Joe-6989 wrote:

I always build weak troops(infantry and armoured cars) but I end up gaining loads of ground. I won a game with that technique. Non-speed round tip:Just do lights on day 2, mot. Infantry on day 3, mech. Infantry on day 5, Matilda when u r on the losing edge(players gang up against u)
      Speed round x6 speed
      That always works
      it really depends what doctrine you are playing. for allies you should research high lvel units cause researching and upgrading are quicker
      for ally
      hi
    • If your an island nation, industry early is often critical as you will not be capturing much resource early on and need the extra production to meet all your expenditure proiorities, whether that be units, research or province improvements.

If you are a continental power you have better options of attacking neighbors and gianing the resources you need that way. As with all things it boils down to the situation and your play style as to what works best for you.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda