Doctrine (+1/+2 day)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Doctrine (+1/+2 day)

Let me first start by saying I absolutely LOVE the doctrines, some complain that it makes the nations unequal...I disagree, it’s about how you plan and fight with your strengths...so many games have zero diversity outside of cosmetic stuff, that I 100% welcome this even if it can make it tough! It makes YOUR army unique :)

however, I am using Allies, and under the doctrine cheat sheet, it shows the +1/+2 day thing for SUBS. I just assumed this meant “it takes 2 extra days before they can be built.” However, I’m able to build them day 1 (I am playing a 1.5, 6x speed map if that matters..?)

so obviously either I was totally wrong about what that “dis or advantage” that one meant, it’s not working properly, or it’s because I’m in a x6 speed map.

again, I LOVE the Doctrines, please don’t ever get rid of them...I hope you expand on the in some fashion, maybe via each factions economy or something!! (Germany starts with lots of oil but production is decreased by 10%, Allies have 15% increased Goods and Metal production, Soviets have 20% more starting manpower, and 10% increased manpower production) would anyone else like that??

can someone PLEASE explain to me what the +1/+2 day thing is and how it works exactly???

thanks!!!!!
    • I think it means the day being available for the next level.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Usually I could either play as Pan-Asian or Comiterm. Pan-asian is quite squishy but their ship are powerful. Comiterm are good with numbers. That is what I have observed so far.
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker
    • BabyDollx wrote:

Let me first start by saying I absolutely LOVE the doctrines, some complain that it makes the nations unequal...I disagree, it’s about how you plan and fight with your strengths...so many games have zero diversity outside of cosmetic stuff, that I 100% welcome this even if it can make it tough! It makes YOUR army unique :)

however, I am using Allies, and under the doctrine cheat sheet, it shows the +1/+2 day thing for SUBS. I just assumed this meant “it takes 2 extra days before they can be built.” However, I’m able to build them day 1 (I am playing a 1.5, 6x speed map if that matters..?)

so obviously either I was totally wrong about what that “dis or advantage” that one meant, it’s not working properly, or it’s because I’m in a x6 speed map.

again, I LOVE the Doctrines, please don’t ever get rid of them...I hope you expand on the in some fashion, maybe via each factions economy or something!! (Germany starts with lots of oil but production is decreased by 10%, Allies have 15% increased Goods and Metal production, Soviets have 20% more starting manpower, and 10% increased manpower production) would anyone else like that??

can someone PLEASE explain to me what the +1/+2 day thing is and how it works exactly???

thanks!!!!!
      It is indeed meaning that new research levels become available 1 or 2 days later. Researches on day 1 are not affected though, as is written on the Doctrine overview page in the text at the top (last sentence of second paragraph).

The reason is that we did not want to remove any vital counter units in the early game from some Doctrines.
    • RiverWolf74 wrote:

KriegMaker wrote:

Usually I could either play as Pan-Asian or Comiterm. Pan-asian is quite squishy but their ship are powerful. Comiterm are good with numbers. That is what I have observed so far.
      Ithink ally is the bet doctrine you can research produce and upgrade units fast
      Agree, there is an advantage and disadvantage to every doctrine. It really depends on what are you comfortable with.

- Sun Tzu

-Krieg Maker

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker
    • Ohhhhh!! So it means you’ll be able to upgrade it 1-2 days sooner (or later)...ok that makes so much sense, but wow...that is NOT even remotely explained, or clear by reading the guide...I have no clue how you guys even figured that out!!

My two cents...I prefer the Pan Asian doctrine ...I honestly thought I’d like it the LEAST...but I love it. LIGHT TANKS are so amazing (until Germany and Soviets get theirs upgraded lol) and they basically RULE the sea (10+ damage for battleships) and the air!!!
    • BabyDollx wrote:

Ohhhhh!! So it means you’ll be able to upgrade it 1-2 days sooner (or later)...ok that makes so much sense, but wow...that is NOT even remotely explained, or clear by reading the guide...I have no clue how you guys even figured that out!!

My two cents...I prefer the Pan Asian doctrine ...I honestly thought I’d like it the LEAST...but I love it. LIGHT TANKS are so amazing (until Germany and Soviets get theirs upgraded lol) and they basically RULE the sea (10+ damage for battleships) and the air!!!
      In the guide it literally says "DAY OF AVAILABILITY"
    • It may cause some inconvenience at first but I think its rather a design thing. Making some units unavailable for upgrade in my opinion would make the doctrines more authentic. Like for example, the allies didn't have Sherman tank early in the War yet later in the African campaign the tank is being introduced.

I like the concept actually because it makes for diversity of planning and strategy. Not all factions would use or make similar or the same strategies. Overall its a good concept.

- Sun Tzu

-Krieg Maker

-Krieg Maker

-Krieg Maker