Strategy: Early Game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• NOOB1433223 wrote:

to be frank, your advice on infantry, naval and secret really makes me doubt your seriousness or experience
      NOOB - Have you really joined 103 games already?
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • i joined more than that on both THIS account and on another account that i lost
      also, game counts doesnt mean a lot, the games that is actually played to the end counts way more
      i mainly play 100p rounds to the end, so i feel every game i play does COUNT MORE

also, i suppose you dont realise there is a bug with games played that resets it to zero a few months ago?
    • Ive been playing for a few years - mine didnt reset.
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • NOOB1433223 wrote:

the games that is actually played to the end counts way more
      So how many have you played till the end? You've joined 103 games in this time and only won 2 ?

• These comments are good and well and I will thank all for descent input.

Finally I will maintain that to make research upgrades throughout any early game will require that a player will remain balanced. To ensure land, sea & air upgrades are essential, so in my conclusion I will state that subs are good for economy, however the primary option should remain as destroyers. Sure these are susceptible to naval bombers, but will not this upgrade option imbalance an overall strategy...remember that this option now pushes your nation toward a naval strategy, only making limitations to the all important ground forces. :)
    • NOOB1433223 wrote:

i dont really think you know how difficult it is to win global games, especially when i try not to join coalitons
      That is a noob move in and of itself. One needs to have allies to win on such a large map. If one can seriously dominate the world alone, then why aren't we seeing that in real life? Even global superpowers such as the US and China rely to some degree on their allies, as no country can survive without allies, for now at least. To say you don't want to join coalitions as a challenge to yourself, I accept that. However, to not join coalitions just because is not really a viable strategy. Unless one is a golder, one would often opt to ally with other strong players than to try to take the world on their own.

Oh, and a good example of this would be the Hunger Games. There is only one winner (so only solo allowed), but why do people still team up? To survive. If you flip your priorities, it would be no surprise if you lose.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • bigboss_ironfist wrote:

Infantry: A wise decision, because you have them already, terrain objectives, and city control. Be careful of going too hard with infantry; I lost over 120 infantry (no coin) with a South America coalition, fighting a North USA coalition and I was in shock & oar. Last time I ever go worst with an infantry movement.
      Militia are descent, especially with the %75 bonus defence on hills. Militia have been mentioned a number of times and should remain concurrent that they best accompany anti tank and anti air equipment.

Armour: Also as mid game choice, this movement best corresponds with a stronger coalition. Light Armour is tactful and may also be useful in unit stacks, rather than timely upgrades for anti tank equipment, why not just continue more light tanks, they can always branch out and decrease fog of war. A strong sized force of light tanks will be much more in its ability upon a large geographical game-plan.
      Medium tanks are the way to go, taking a lot more hit points, not as slow as heavy tanks, reliable with some SP anti air. depending on game plan, medium armour can be easier to maintain with air to air cover and with militia movements so as to hold ground.

Artillery: Early game construction should include at least one infrastructure, use this immediately for an artillery unit or an armoured, depending on coalition type.
      SP artillery is really really good for mid game, to mostly benefit this move start research asap, otherwise they can be quite useful on ALL COUNTRIES; ALL IN. In this event it is that collective artillery can maintain a formidable defence beneficial to small and medium nations, especially if these types are attempting to expand.

Anti air: Great movement to ensure for mid game, can save you a bucket load of oil depending on nation type, using these with coalition is strongly advised, they are good in support and are deadly in defence. SP anti air are ruthless in a mid game if you gain advantage. As end game units they are lesser in effect but are able to hold city grounds none the less.

Naval: First of all I will give a big thumbs up to submarines, these units are really good on terms of resources and can absolutely devastate an enemy incursion.
      To be sure, I will maintain my favourite unit for early game developments and enjoy the destroyer movements; a) These are able to hold an anti air move (stay with upgrades :thumbup: ), b) They are just faster, so scout the enemy without fear of submarines, and c) Just a few of these (2-3) can hold out on a cruiser ship movement and only require a level 1 Naval base, recommended for nation states attached to landlocked countries with lesser Naval opportunity.
      Battleships are always best, good with anti air capabilities, if you are planning a Naval strategy then get going with these asap because they devastate whence they are upgraded. To play out Nuclear battleships might likely be a great end gamer but these will only burden the necessary upgrades for a players strong oil economy...also that they have lesser anti air....Having put all this forward...it is that Subs and destroyers are best early gamerz, about 1 destroyer to 6 subs is best...

Air: Here is an interesting one, I have noticed quite a few ambiguities and certain changes here. So I will put this blatantly; air needs to be accounted for on any terrain type...so...there is no use telling all your buddies how to maintain a successful air control and not realise the game changes, then so does the terrain...right...and then of course there are those that tell you to place groups of 3, 5 and 7 to hover about and destroy enemy movements, yes...this can work quite well, especially with good correspondence, 8) until there is a big stack of anti air to blow you away... :wallbash So really, the best way is to be %100 for sure, and send in the hardest best strike to overwhelm an enemy movement.........right.....so then.......if an ally, or ones own units are getting artillery bombarded, then you want those SOBs wiped out asap.....do this immediately......GET SOME (military score).

Special: There is no real easy way to put this, when it comes to early game special, the universal answer will be rail gun...no matter where your nation is, this is the best option if you can get away with it. Otherwise, get with Nuclear research asap, especially if any coalition type will allow for this.

All this aside, you could just be a friendly person and give all your rare metal to an ally and not be a typical multi user player...but hey...at least it keeps the game going.... X/ X/ X/

I thankyou for reading this forthwith and will post again.....with response type.
      1. I tried militias even for force multiplier purposes. They failed in the worst way! Even accompanied by scout cars and etc. They do no good, do not bother with them!

2. Light tanks can be easily destroyed by other powerful units. Try using a stack of light tanks against a stack of well supported heavy tanks. Your light tanks will get annihilated quickly. Trust me, even medium tanks do a better job at kicking light tank's behind.

3. Artillery are offensive units which are meant to deal damage to heavy armored opponents. Unless you are in high command these units are not so effective at defense. Trust me!

4. If you are facing 10 stacks of well upgraded air units. You might as well consider using AA or SPAA in your army at least.

5.Submarines? Offensive units. They are pretty much like artillery lacking the range, Also I do not tend to use submarines as much for some reasons. True these can overwhelm destroyers take note that for the stack you send against a single destroyer. These resources or units are better off spent on something else.

6. Air force is important I agree but I will look up on terrain advantage if it is really true.

8. Nukes are very expensive to research to get it ASAP. Also it is not available early game as well to mid. Might as well focus on other matters than getting super expensive superweapons.
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker