Strategy: Early Game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Strategy: Early Game

Infantry: A wise decision, because you have them already, terrain objectives, and city control. Be careful of going too hard with infantry; I lost over 120 infantry (no coin) with a South America coalition, fighting a North USA coalition and I was in shock & oar. Last time I ever go worst with an infantry movement.
      Militia are descent, especially with the %75 bonus defence on hills. Militia have been mentioned a number of times and should remain concurrent that they best accompany anti tank and anti air equipment.

Armour: Also as mid game choice, this movement best corresponds with a stronger coalition. Light Armour is tactful and may also be useful in unit stacks, rather than timely upgrades for anti tank equipment, why not just continue more light tanks, they can always branch out and decrease fog of war. A strong sized force of light tanks will be much more in its ability upon a large geographical game-plan.
      Medium tanks are the way to go, taking a lot more hit points, not as slow as heavy tanks, reliable with some SP anti air. depending on game plan, medium armour can be easier to maintain with air to air cover and with militia movements so as to hold ground.

Artillery: Early game construction should include at least one infrastructure, use this immediately for an artillery unit or an armoured, depending on coalition type.
      SP artillery is really really good for mid game, to mostly benefit this move start research asap, otherwise they can be quite useful on ALL COUNTRIES; ALL IN. In this event it is that collective artillery can maintain a formidable defence beneficial to small and medium nations, especially if these types are attempting to expand.

Anti air: Great movement to ensure for mid game, can save you a bucket load of oil depending on nation type, using these with coalition is strongly advised, they are good in support and are deadly in defence. SP anti air are ruthless in a mid game if you gain advantage. As end game units they are lesser in effect but are able to hold city grounds none the less.

Naval: First of all I will give a big thumbs up to submarines, these units are really good on terms of resources and can absolutely devastate an enemy incursion.
      To be sure, I will maintain my favourite unit for early game developments and enjoy the destroyer movements; a) These are able to hold an anti air move (stay with upgrades :thumbup: ), b) They are just faster, so scout the enemy without fear of submarines, and c) Just a few of these (2-3) can hold out on a cruiser ship movement and only require a level 1 Naval base, recommended for nation states attached to landlocked countries with lesser Naval opportunity.
      Battleships are always best, good with anti air capabilities, if you are planning a Naval strategy then get going with these asap because they devastate whence they are upgraded. To play out Nuclear battleships might likely be a great end gamer but these will only burden the necessary upgrades for a players strong oil economy...also that they have lesser anti air....Having put all this forward...it is that Subs and destroyers are best early gamerz, about 1 destroyer to 6 subs is best...

Air: Here is an interesting one, I have noticed quite a few ambiguities and certain changes here. So I will put this blatantly; air needs to be accounted for on any terrain type...so...there is no use telling all your buddies how to maintain a successful air control and not realise the game changes, then so does the terrain...right...and then of course there are those that tell you to place groups of 3, 5 and 7 to hover about and destroy enemy movements, yes...this can work quite well, especially with good correspondence, 8) until there is a big stack of anti air to blow you away... :wallbash So really, the best way is to be %100 for sure, and send in the hardest best strike to overwhelm an enemy movement.........right.....so then.......if an ally, or ones own units are getting artillery bombarded, then you want those SOBs wiped out asap.....do this immediately......GET SOME (military score).

Special: There is no real easy way to put this, when it comes to early game special, the universal answer will be rail gun...no matter where your nation is, this is the best option if you can get away with it. Otherwise, get with Nuclear research asap, especially if any coalition type will allow for this.

All this aside, you could just be a friendly person and give all your rare metal to an ally and not be a typical multi user player...but hey...at least it keeps the game going.... X/ X/ X/

I thankyou for reading this forthwith and will post again.....with response type.

The post was edited 3 times, last by bigboss_ironfist ().

• I have a few issues:
      INFANTRY: You should abandon regular infantry once you can in favor of motorized infantry. It is stronger and faster.
      MILITIA: I care less about Militia's atrocious combat ability than it's speed. Their turtle speed means that artillery and air power can get more hits on them and, if they are heading for my capital, I can just bypass them with my own armour, take your capital, and then come back to finish them off (slight hyperbole, but only slight). Speed matters a lot in CoW, as in real life, and I have won many wars simply because my enemy slowed down their tanks with militia.
      ARMOUR: You seem to suggest combining your light tanks with AT guns. Terrible choice. Keep all your fast units together and separate from your slow units. Always pair tanks with motorized infantry (or mechanized, I guess) to help against AT guns and in cities. Anything that neither your ground stacks nor your air stacks can take out can be bypassed by your superior speed to take out the enemy industry.
      AIR: 5/5 SBDE efficient stacks of up-to-date tactical bombers and fighters are ridiculously powerful. I regularly get 100+ kills from just a handful of these stacks without losing more than 10 or so planes. Use air power to take out anything that might give your ground stack trouble (especially artillery) and use your ground stack to take out anything with too much AA.
      RAILGUNS: I disagree. If I ever go up against railguns I either blow them up with my airforce or rush them with my fast land stacks. Railguns are really only good if you can hold a solid front line and keep them protected with generous AA.
      NUKES: Nukes are a very late game unit, and honestly your resources are probably better spent on building a massive army to take out your enemies before they get nukes in the first place.
    • eruth wrote:

and I have won many wars simply because my enemy slowed down their tanks with militia.
      BRAVO !! 8o
      I cant tell you how many times I've tried to explain to Coalition teammates to STOP stacking militia with Armor. Nothing is more painful than to watch an ally send help- a huge stack of mixed armor and infantry and others......and then they have the 1 MILITIA unit in there so it takes them days to get somewhere.
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • NOOB1433223 wrote:

bruh, all the points are faulty or completely incorrect
      @mods, pls take this thread down for trolling and misinformation
      firstly, he's trying to help us out of goodwill and secondly, you're not helping when you tell the mods to take down his post just because you dont like his strategies. His strategies arent yours
      One day there will be no more wars
    • bigboss_ironfist wrote:

Infantry: A wise decision, because you have them already, terrain objectives, and city control. Be careful of going too hard with infantry; I lost over 120 infantry (no coin) with a South America coalition, fighting a North USA coalition and I was in shock & oar. Last time I ever go worst with an infantry movement.
      Militia are descent, especially with the %75 bonus defence on hills. Militia have been mentioned a number of times and should remain concurrent that they best accompany anti tank and anti air equipment.

Armour: Also as mid game choice, this movement best corresponds with a stronger coalition. Light Armour is tactful and may also be useful in unit stacks, rather than timely upgrades for anti tank equipment, why not just continue more light tanks, they can always branch out and decrease fog of war. A strong sized force of light tanks will be much more in its ability upon a large geographical game-plan.
      Medium tanks are the way to go, taking a lot more hit points, not as slow as heavy tanks, reliable with some SP anti air. depending on game plan, medium armour can be easier to maintain with air to air cover and with militia movements so as to hold ground.

Artillery: Early game construction should include at least one infrastructure, use this immediately for an artillery unit or an armoured, depending on coalition type.
      SP artillery is really really good for mid game, to mostly benefit this move start research asap, otherwise they can be quite useful on ALL COUNTRIES; ALL IN. In this event it is that collective artillery can maintain a formidable defence beneficial to small and medium nations, especially if these types are attempting to expand.

Anti air: Great movement to ensure for mid game, can save you a bucket load of oil depending on nation type, using these with coalition is strongly advised, they are good in support and are deadly in defence. SP anti air are ruthless in a mid game if you gain advantage. As end game units they are lesser in effect but are able to hold city grounds none the less.

Naval: First of all I will give a big thumbs up to submarines, these units are really good on terms of resources and can absolutely devastate an enemy incursion.
      To be sure, I will maintain my favourite unit for early game developments and enjoy the destroyer movements; a) These are able to hold an anti air move (stay with upgrades :thumbup: ), b) They are just faster, so scout the enemy without fear of submarines, and c) Just a few of these (2-3) can hold out on a cruiser ship movement and only require a level 1 Naval base, recommended for nation states attached to landlocked countries with lesser Naval opportunity.
      Battleships are always best, good with anti air capabilities, if you are planning a Naval strategy then get going with these asap because they devastate whence they are upgraded. To play out Nuclear battleships might likely be a great end gamer but these will only burden the necessary upgrades for a players strong oil economy...also that they have lesser anti air....Having put all this forward...it is that Subs and destroyers are best early gamerz, about 1 destroyer to 6 subs is best...

Air: Here is an interesting one, I have noticed quite a few ambiguities and certain changes here. So I will put this blatantly; air needs to be accounted for on any terrain type...so...there is no use telling all your buddies how to maintain a successful air control and not realise the game changes, then so does the terrain...right...and then of course there are those that tell you to place groups of 3, 5 and 7 to hover about and destroy enemy movements, yes...this can work quite well, especially with good correspondence, 8) until there is a big stack of anti air to blow you away... :wallbash So really, the best way is to be %100 for sure, and send in the hardest best strike to overwhelm an enemy movement.........right.....so then.......if an ally, or ones own units are getting artillery bombarded, then you want those SOBs wiped out asap.....do this immediately......GET SOME (military score).

Special: There is no real easy way to put this, when it comes to early game special, the universal answer will be rail gun...no matter where your nation is, this is the best option if you can get away with it. Otherwise, get with Nuclear research asap, especially if any coalition type will allow for this.

All this aside, you could just be a friendly person and give all your rare metal to an ally and not be a
      typical multi user player...but hey...at least it keeps the game going.... X/ X/ X/

I thankyou for reading this forthwith and will post again.....with response type
      Infantry: ditch those asap, they drain ur manpower way too fast, militias are END GAME UNITS used to garrison key cities from rebellion and para drops
      Armour: even though the LT spam meta is long gone, light tanks are still good before day 8 and usable before day 16
      my personal recommendation for a armour unit template is 6med/6LT/4spaa possible upgrades: 2 AC one attached one detached for recon, as many motorised as you can afford to soak up dmg from AT (sbde dont matter here) and mech for city warfare
    • To NOOB1433223

The unit template is certainly formidable, so what exactly is it in my post that you are saying is completely incorrect, be in mind that this post is general output only and was by interest to COW players for strategy thinking, not specific conditions that are yours alone...buddy...please, there was no meaning of being correct or incorrect to this forum post.... try again.
    • sorry i sounded quite harsh buddy, but these isnt the only point i will make
      anti air: combine them with infantry, dont need very much, ur main defense should be fighters
      naval: as of the current version of the game, the vast majority of experienced players will agree that destroyers ARE.THE WORST naval units out there, no ground support, expensive in cost compares to minimal benifits, subs can be hunted with naval bombers and gets wrecked by naval bombers. Subs is decent for raiding convoys and capital ships but not much else. The best naval unit is undoubtly cruisers, greatt AA, can still beat subs, cheap to produce and can provide good ground support
      10/10 unit
    • air: one rule: NEVER ATTACK WITH AIR only use patrol function, if you want to attack enemy aircrafts, overlap the patrol range, also all air units MAX STACK TO 5
      fighters: cheap to spam, mainly used to protect important regions and to soak dmg in stacks. produce after a decent amount of tactical bombers are up 6/10
      tactical: main bulk of airforce, mainly target vulerable units (tank in city) and dangerous units (commando in mountain),
      with proper fighter meatshielding you CAN afford to bomb crucial units like railroad guns DESPITE enemy AA fire. 8/10
      strategic: in 1.4 this unit is viable at best for some countries e.g. indonesian nations to bomb industrial centers you cannot get to, but thats about it, too expensive and too fragile due to fighter's short range
      in 1.5 strats are A JOKE due to the lv1 requirement for all productions. Imagine flying 20 strats over a port to stall that battleship production, completely wrecking the port despite suffering heavy losses. When ur bombers return home and begin to refuel, the 30 naval base is competed and the battleship production is back. 100% quality unit
      1.4: 3/10 1.5: 1/10
      naval bombers: many expect a naval bomber to shred a sub quickly, but no one expect a tac to shred a tank quickly, they are great for killing subs and destroyers, and with proper fighter support can take on battleships and carriers that are poorly defended
    • secret units, railroad guns just isnt good enough compared to others, get shreded tacts even with proper AA protection
      paras, very situational, can be useful in correct hands, research when nothing better left
      commandos, one of the best unit in 1.4 an outright op in 1.5, ALWAYS PRODUCE in capital
      rockets: first strike and fort busting, research lv1 on day 6 2 on day 8, good unit but dont overspam as they guzzle oil
      BOTH NUCLEAR RESEARCH ARE TERRIBLE
      When anyone sees you producing nukes you insta get invaded, and you will die easy because all ur resources are put into a nuke that will never ever use
      Nuclear rockets are outright trash, sooooooooooooo immobile and cost so much compared to its effects
      nuclear bombers are much better but still terrible, requires a lot of coordination to bypass AA though, basically you get ur ally to send disposable units near the target and u nuke the disposable unit and the target will be hit by the AOE.
      nuclear ships: late game units, still worth it
    • NOOB1433223 wrote:

sorry i sounded quite harsh buddy, but these isnt the only point i will make
      anti air: combine them with infantry, dont need very much, ur main defense should be fighters
      naval: as of the current version of the game, the vast majority of experienced players will agree that destroyers ARE.THE WORST naval units out there, no ground support, expensive in cost compares to minimal benifits, subs can be hunted with naval bombers and gets wrecked by naval bombers. Subs is decent for raiding convoys and capital ships but not much else. The best naval unit is undoubtly cruisers, greatt AA, can still beat subs, cheap to produce and can provide good ground support
      10/10 unit
      my gosh you're making subs sound terrible they're eeasily the best units:
      1- They are stealth units and can only be revealed when attacking so you can easily spy on enemy land without them knowing
      2- they're dirt cheap and can be spammed early game. 5 subs or more will easily take down a cruiser, 1 sub can take out a battleship, just try to aviod destroyers
      One day there will be no more wars
    • NOOB1433223 wrote:

subs can be hunted with naval bombers and gets wrecked by naval bomber
      For starters, I did mention that militia be combined with either anti air or anti tank to force a good defensive strategy...otherwise on terms of COW strategy, most players would almost be sure and non doubt that (upon early game) strategy movements require as many infantry as possible, they can be mostly versatile in cities and mountains and be best to defend also ( please check stats).

As for Naval movements, I did indeed suggest that subs are a good option. As for destroyers being put down by NOOB1433223 , I do not think that this user will appreciate the destroyer as an early game option, a) They are faster, b) These units can hold some anti air, so YES, stay with them, c) If your economy is good, and you will only need a Naval Yards lvl.1, then these can defend from a submarine movement upon any strategy type.

Really, to suggest destroyers are the WORST unit is absolutely absurd, ok, so the destroyer is all round achievable, also is considered that my forum post might recommend subs as an economical option and that these can devastate....remember, my forum post is mostly a general output to strategy game understanding for COW users....no bias is intended.

Cruiser, ok, I did not mention these in EARLY GAME strategy, a) Because they are beatable by submarine incursions, c) They are no good upon open waters (why, because they are anti air in early game), d) The reason that these units are formidable is because they can be versatile in closed waterway geographies so as to maintain a defensive nation condition. Basically cruiser at early game are only achievable in good luck and that there is lower level gaming.

The post was edited 2 times, last by bigboss_ironfist ().

• NOOB1433223 wrote:

air: one rule: NEVER ATTACK WITH AIR only use patrol function, if you want to attack enemy aircrafts, overlap the patrol range, also all air units MAX STACK TO 5
      If you might of read my post and not advised that my thread is completely incorrect, you will notice that there is a further paragraph that will implicitly state that air control be maintained in groups of 3, 5 and 7...I do not see how this information is completely incorrect.

Tac bombers at early game, and be reminded that coalition standards will depend on this formidable condition; should be able to defend primarily and that this strategy not be wasteful to oil generation for airfields, much required at mid game. Tac bombers will be the most useful, and never does my forum post suggest these otherwise...ealry game tac bombers..again...great defence...the rest is how one plays it out....I do not see any completely incorrect analysis to strategical output here. ;)

I notice also that you mention a Naval bomber can SHRED a battleship & carrier, that is poorly defended; again no, this is not early game strategy and thus be corrected to such commentary, if a grouip of upgraded destroyers were to descend upon such, then any formation would be put to a halt and this be only costed by Naval dockyards at a level one build...(within 15 minutes) ||
    • bigboss_ironfist wrote:

Cruiser, ok, I did not mention these in EARLY GAME strategy, a) Because they are beatable by submarine incursions
      Rule #1 - never waste Cruisers, BBs or Carriers or convoy by sending them out without Destroyers. Never. Nothing I enjoy more then to find a lone Cruiser or BB without a destroyer - I will almost always have subs nearby.
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • destroyers are the worst, use naval bombers and cruisers -_-
      also, destroyer has HORRIBLE AA which will be shreded by PROTECTED NAVAL BOMBERS meaning they are useless defending capital ships from air attack

u saying infantry is worth it
      no its not iworth it at all its SO EXPENSIVE no one builds infantry past day 1

militia is end game, use them for garrison

did i say use lone cruisers? no i did not, u are not making a fair comparison, 5 sub to one cruiser is by no means fair

a big stack of AA? no one will care about AA if enough fighters are in formation as Damage is limited but health is not