Best strategy for Algeria?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I don't know very well for CoW 1.5 to help, but for 1.0, you should begin by allying with either Morocco or Libya. Choose wisely, for you will attack the one whom you're not allied with. Now there are two paths:

If you allied with Morocco, ignore Spain (trust that your ally can handle it) and head to Libya and Egypt, and if possible, Italy.

If you allied with Libya, attack Morocco and Spain, before swinging further north to France. Then, consider your options. You can either go even more north to attack UK, or go east and attack Germany (Italy should be handled by Libya as it's closer to it).

By this point in the game, there should be solid coalitions already, so choose a strong player to ally with and attack the opposing coalition/s.

For research, this is gonna be really vague, but I suggest only subs for navy, an armor-air combo for fast conquest, but if you're not as active, then the slow-and-steady option of arti, antitank, aa, and inf combined is very good. Depending on the situation, you may need rrgs to bombard faraway enemies or rockets to handle air bases.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Admiral Spragg Lunis wrote:

Hi, all. I've recently started playing this game again. I was wondering what's the best strategy for playing as Algeria in Europe - Clash of Nations. What units should I research, what should I build, who should I attack first etc.
      Algeria is a hard country to play from personal expirence. There are many ways you can easily loose in clash of nations. One being that Morroco, Spain, Italy, Lybia, France can attack u anytime since you are in the middle. Like raccoon said it's better to find an ally but hey i think that in your case having more allies will lower your chances of loosing the game but then again someone might backstab you. Ok now for units to build and research i think that you should do planes, infantry, anti air, anti tanks, light tanks and arty.
      For who to invade i think it depends what is your plan if u team up with Morroco you attack Tunisia then Lybia or Italy but then again it depends on what the plan is as well the relations with other players. Anyways i wish you good luck
    • With Algeria it is good to have several wars, to conquer all of Africa,the Middle East, to go up to Europe.I like to play like that when I start in Africa.

I only join in the last case, Only when I want to finish the map quickly, Otherwise I will eliminate all assets and leave the Bots.
      The nations easiest to on that map, Russian Empire, Communist Russia, Turkey, Caucasus.

Good luck GeneralSorry if I have an error, I'm using the translator
    • Tupac All Eyes On Me wrote:

With Algeria it is good to have several wars, to conquer all of Africa,the Middle East, to go up to Europe.I like to play like that when I start in Africa.

I only join in the last case, Only when I want to finish the map quickly, Otherwise I will eliminate all assets and leave the Bots.
      The nations easiest to on that map, Russian Empire, Communist Russia, Turkey, Caucasus.

in my opinion egypt is the best african nation. uk is also pretty good. russian empire isbad you are too big and managing morale is hard.
    • RiverWolf74 wrote:

Tupac All Eyes On Me wrote:

With Algeria it is good to have several wars, to conquer all of Africa,the Middle East, to go up to Europe.I like to play like that when I start in Africa.

in my opinion egypt is the best african nation. uk is also pretty good. russian empire isbad you are too big and managing morale is hard.
      I usually pick morroco or egypt since it's easy to win
    • Tupac All Eyes On Me wrote:

Russian Empire and Caucasus definitely, especially if you're a fan of land-based armies. However, other very good countries of choice are: UK, South US (if you value safety most), and Finland. Libya is a very fun country to play, but it's quite difficult. Germany is one of the worst in 22p, having a huge imbalance in resource distribution, and smack dab in the middle of the map. I've played Turkey before and it has a really good start, but you overstretch yourself eventually.

I don't like playing as Egypt as there is only one steel province, which really limits troop production early on. However, by mid-late game, if one has expanded enough, the steel problem won't hit as hard, and the massive surplus of oil would come in handy.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Personally I go with South USA, Egypt and Sweden. Most of my victories have come from these three nations alone.

France and Spain if you are an experienced player but hard if you just started. Easy to be swept by Germany, Italy, and UK. Spain could be doable but again its your diplomacy and strategic moves that make it happen.