Battleship vs planes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Battleship vs planes

I sent a stack of abattleship and a sub, both units at 100% hitpoints. I sent them to attack some planes that were on the ground on a coastal city. the planes werent patrolling or attacking anything. the battleship was supposed to arrive to attack in a hour. 6 hours later i check again and no damage was done. ?(
    • RiverWolf74 wrote:

I sent a stack of abattleship and a sub, both units at 100% hitpoints. I sent them to attack some planes that were on the ground on a coastal city. the planes werent patrolling or attacking anything. the battleship was supposed to arrive to attack in a hour. 6 hours later i check again and no damage was done. ?(
      This would be because the aircraft are still counted as aircraft when on the ground unless they are refueling. Since attacking vs aircraft is not the done thing, the ships don't do very well at bombarding the aircraft class units.
    • eruth wrote:

RiverWolf74 wrote:

This would be because the aircraft are still counted as aircraft when on the ground unless they are refueling. Since attacking vs aircraft is not the done thing, the ships don't do very well at bombarding the aircraft class units.
      they should change that...a battleship would do just as much damage to a grounded plane as an infantry
    • Planes are actually only vulnerable and on the ground during the brief refueling period when they first arrive at a new airbase or after a direct attack.

Once a plane is fully refueled it has all the characteristics of a plane and will return fire when attacked. Some people prefer to think of this as a combat air patrol or similar state.

When the airbase is damaged below a usable state or captured the planes are no longer capable of flight and will be turned into convoy trucks making them vulnerable.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

Planes are actually only vulnerable and on the ground during the brief refueling period when they first arrive at a new airbase or after a direct attack.

Once a plane is fully refueled it has all the characteristics of a plane and will return fire when attacked. Some people prefer to think of this as a combat air patrol or similar state.

When the airbase is damaged below a usable state or captured the planes are no longer capable of flight and will be turned into convoy trucks making them vulnerable.
      the plane was not patrolling or attacking anything
    • He means you can think of it as a scrambled fighter that isn't grounded. It can be launched as soon as it is attacked. While it isn't actually launched, it is like a defense patrol. The only time it is actually "on the ground" is when it is refuelling.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • Even if the plane was situated on the airport and regarded as flying, your battleships still should have dealt some damage to them (though reduced damage because of their air armor class when regarded as flying).

Maybe you are looking at espionage info? Usually ranged weapons have higher range than their inner vision circle, so unless you drive close you will continue to see the old spy report even after bombardment.