Expand Doctrines (IDEA!)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Expand Doctrines (IDEA!)

I want to say, I absolutely LOVE the Doctrines...I get that some argue they’re not perfectly balanced...however I’ll take the slight uneven nature of diverse (other than cosmetics...) nations/units, over everything being the exact same, minus skins! So I love it...but I think you could expand it and here’s my idea..

ECONOMIC DOCTRINES:

What is this? How would it work? Well, keep in mind, I only have the CONCEPTS thought out, the percentages, & numbers are just random off the top of my head. Each one will be loosely based upon how I believe each “faction” was at the time, as far as pros and cons. What they could do, and couldn’t do!

ALLIES:
      Factories boost production by 15% instead of 10. And/or they could also start with 10-15% more materials. Very simple, very realistic to what was more the USA than the UK and others...but I believe it’s a solid, yet simple one. You could also do something along the lines of 5% bonus material given with any successful trade. As the USA gave endless supplies/materials/ etc. to everyone from the U.K, to the Soviet Union.

SOVIET:

Each day, the MAN POWER production rate increases by 0.5% (until it caps at either 15-20%. So this while very powerful, would take a longer game, & commitment to being active to Max out) This would RESET back to 0.5% increase if the player does not log in for a full in GAME day. Again...simple, but powerful late game. We all end up low on manpower during the most brutal fighting periods.

FASCIST
      :
      - 15% oil & metal production. However, once a city has 100% morale, units created at this city will be produced 1 rank above current rank (if you’ve upgraded a medium tank to 2, then it’ll be a rank 3)...if max rank is already achieved, each unit will have 5% increased HP & Damage, but cost 10-15% more. This would be a setting/option that the player could enable/disable if they wish (only the increase to dmg/hp but more costly would have a disable option, the first part is always active) this would achieve 2 things. It would give a player a reason to have high morale, which the mods seem to want us to focus on, and it would be accurate with the FASCISTS having a very powerful military, without the resources to keep it chugging along. (Yes, much like ALLIES being linked to USA, I realize that this is more related to the Germans specifically...however, the Doctrines are already like that, note how the Soviet, cheap mass production is a strictly Russian thing, Pan Asia powerful Air/Naval power is a Japanese specific thing... etc)

PAN ASIAN:
      All ISLANDS with factories on them will produce +15% production each, instead of 10%. Also, infantry will have a boost of either 5/10/15% HP (and/or) DAMAGE while defending, on an island. This only applies if they are defending, & on an island. You could have it start at 5% & go up to 15% if you have 1 & then 2/3 bunkers. This seems reasonable.

(This one I had a different original idea that I felt was too complex & weird ...so I changed it. However if you’d like to read my odd first idea, I’ll include it at the end.)

what do you guys think??? Please go easy lol. As I said, the numbers & percentages are more just off the top of my head & would for sure be altered...it’s more so the concept for each faction.

Also, even if you hate all of my faction ideas...what do you think about adding an “economic” branch to the doctrines?? I realize they sorta already have it like SOVIET having the cheaper units and all that...but this would be across the board, all factions would have economic bonuses in someway...and these don’t replace the current ones, they are added onto them!

Id love any feedback, I enjoy thinking of this kinda stuff!!! :) :P :thumbsup:

**Original Pan Asian idea**

It’s wild, I know, but I wanted to be creative, after typing it out though, I realized for many reasons, least of which being P.C culture...this would never be added to the game. (Although a nuclear bomb seems to be no issue lol)

+5% food production. All Naval & Air units BELOW rank 3 cost -10%. Naval bombers, & Fighters will have an ability that can be toggled on or off. It will essentially be a “Kamikaze” ability (hear me out lol) which IF ENABLED (much like aggressive attack for artillery) then once the plane is destroyed, it will have somewhere between a 30% - 50% chance to crash into any naval ships within its patrol range, if successful, it would damage that ship for 25% of its total HP (not remaining... total!) & the next destroyed plane w/ it enabled has a 10% increased chance to hit as well...which appears very powerful, so what can be done to make sure people don’t just spam ENABLE for this? Well, 1, if only impacts ships. 2, each successful Kamikaze hit has a chance (5-15%) to reduce the OVERALL morale of your nation...so every city/province...by 2%. Each successful Kamikaze strike will increase this chance by 10% per strike. So if you hit 5-10 in a row, with the chance of morale drop going up with every hit, you could be looking at going from 100% to 90-80% morale! That is a safe guard against spamming the enable for it, & if somehow the player has crazy luck & is able to successfully strike 5-10+ in a row, the person being hit won’t feel like they’re being totally robbed. This will make the player have to decide if they want to risk doing lots of damage, but losing massive amounts of morale by doing so, if they only want it enabled on every other fighter/naval bomber. Kamikaze attacks are historical, & no more controversial than a NUCLEAR BOMB! If this ends up being UNDER powered, a tweak could be made so that the fighters can also target a building/land unit if it’s within the patrol area.
    • Yeah :) what did you think of my ideas? Like any of them? Hate all of them? Haha. And what did you think of the wild Pan Asian one I removed but still said what it originally was? Way too weird? Lol. I believe the PAN ASIAN one, and the SOVIET one are reasonable simple ones. And the ALLIES one I think is fairly reasonable as well... but the one that I found most interesting to think about was the Soviet (0.5% manpower production increase each in game DAY, with a cap of 15% or 20%...it would be very powerful, but at 20% that would take 40 in game days to achieve...and as soon as you’ve been logged out for 1 in game day or longer, it will reset back to 0.5% again...so while it’s powerful, it takes a lot of dedication, and commitment. Because at only 3-7%...it wouldn’t benefit someone THAT much, however ...15 - 20% would be a huge impact for someone struggling to have enough manpower mid game.
    • The last Pan Asian doctrine thing seems kinda OP but something about "kamikaze" should be added imo, very nice touch. Maybe make it so planes damage more units (not just navals) BUT lowering the possibility of the planes crashing? With kamikazes playing with pan asian would probably be more fun.

About the rest, I'm ok with MOST parts. One thing about the soviets though:

BabyDollx wrote:

SOVIET:
      ... This would RESET back to 0.5% increase if the player does not log in for a full in GAME day...
      I know you didn't give exact numbers and these are just examples mostly but it's probably worth mentioning, progress should reset if the player didn't log in for 2 in game days. This is when a user is inactive and it will probs be easier to implement.

Edit: Ignore font differences I still suck at writing from mobile.
    • There've been many successful in house implementations of Kamikaze in Axis and Allies games. Useful source of inspiration for all things Call of War I suppose ;)
      Images
      • hqdefault.jpg

39.84 kB, 480×360, viewed 3 times
      We're always looking for top players to play together and learn from. Apply to Tokugawa Bakufu ( alliance code : KIOTO ) if you are a like-minded individual and wish to improve your game.

Whenever feasible, one should always try to eat the rude.