Recommend good books and movies.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• For book, I recommend "Homo Deus" by Yuval Noah Harari (hope I spelled it right). It's a pretty deep book, but it mainly shows the possibilities of humanity's development in the future based on the patterns that caused the world what it is today. I don't really remember the details, but I was really mesmerized by the author's style of writing.

For manga, I recommend Tokyo Ghoul by Sui Ishida or Attack on Titan by Hajime Isayama. One is about a human-turned ghoul who struggles with his identity, while the other is about humans fending off titans in their last stronghold. Tokyo Ghoul is pretty dark while Attack on Titan has many heroics, but both have an interesting lore.

For movie, I recommend Star Wars ep III, LOTR: The Two Towers, or Weathering with You. SW ep 3 has pretty bad CGI, but I'm really hooked onto the fight scenes, especially the one between Anakin and Obi-Wan. LOTR 2, again, has a really epic battle scene (battle of Helm's Deep) and amazing worldbuilding. Finally, Weathering with You has a pretty good plot and awesome music.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, the entire LOTR trilogy, whether books or movies, is really epic. I created my own world with the aim of having that deep worldbuilding that Tolkien was able to do.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)