Some handy Tricks for call of war

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Some handy Tricks for call of war

hi first article here! a lot of text coming up (if you guys like this i will make a part two)
      please note some of these will only work if you trick human players or have good relations with them. some of these tricks have drawbacks but are very handy
      handy trick one: early province capture
      This is very easy . if you are less than 15 minutes away from capturing a province with no enemy troops cancel the order then attack the province again. You will get it early saving you a bit of time. 15 minutes sure isn't a lot but it is still useful

handy trick two: Free stuff
      this requires a bit of kindness from the other side. "hey you are dying anyway you might aswell give me your resources and/or this province" if you see a player about to die you can just ask them for stuff and maybe even tell them how you will avenge them . theres no harm in this and the worst case is they deny it. Although players might not log in to see your message as they tend to quite when they start loosing . Also if you are asking for a province make sure it is resource rich or an isolated province rather than a city or a built up province as the player already attacking your target might just invade your defenseless province. They might attack your resource rich province but at least you made temporary profit too.If someone asks you for this favour it would also be in your best intrest to agree unless you want your invader to get stronger or your invaders future rival weaker. With perfect timing, verbal skills and good decision making this simple trick my steer the game in a different direction!
      handy trick three: choose allies wisely
      most coalition leaders would accept anyone reasonably close to them without checking stats or location. This is a huge No-no and users who chose countries first or apply first will just be in the coalition instead of good players . You don't have to fill up your coalition straight away .For example if you are a landlocked nation make sure you have room to expand to the sea and don't restrict your sea access by chosing too many coastal members. If a player has terrible stats or is very new then you should probably annex them rather than team with them . You might think this is harsh or scummy by not giving new players a chance so if your that kind of person maybe you can help out a new friend.Common sense goes a long way
      handy trick four: Don't play as a Poland
      if you play as poland or a country with a poland like situation (e.g south west Africa, British Odisha or Libya) if you are dumb or unlucky enough to get one of these countries with two neighbors ready to make you dinner you must ally with them . I honestly don't understand why people play poland in historical world map all the time its always one of the first to be chosen it shouldn't even be a playable country.
      handy trick five: Right of way trick
      has one of your allies gone inactive or been booted out of your coalition? You no longer have share map . but you can easily invade them by sending troops to their land (make sure NOT to attack) when you are ready and think you enough of his provinces declare war then you instantly get all the provinces your troops are on (or the whole country if you have enough troops) this doesn't hurt your morale as bad as a full scale long war and is less risky.
      Last handy trick: Don't be the big guy
      This is probably the hardest one to believe but don't get to big early on . Everyone will turn on you just read the newspaper and you will see a lot of threats or accusations against the player with the most VPs. If you are the underdog even if you are at number 3 then its most likely you will be less hated and even in some cases supported as you could take down the number one guy . Even if you think you can defeat everyone (which after all your wars chances are you probably can't) it is still annoying and you will get lots of trade embargo and even declarations of war which will hurt your morale and AI popularity . In lots of numbers they can be devastating and if you have coastal cities or worse a coastal capital (which on its own is a terrible thing) they can capture it or bombard it. So after all it might be better to keep track of your VPs and stay on the number 2 spot rather than the hated number one.

i hope you enjoyed(:
      nigeo19?
    • nigeo19 wrote:

This is very easy . if you are less than 15 minutes away from capturing a province with no enemy troops cancel the order then attack the province again. You will get it early saving you a bit of time. 15 minutes sure isn't a lot but it is still useful
      It's not 15 minutes but 5km, if you are 5km away from the province center and you set the march again ten you units will teleport to the center and take the province. It's between 7 and 4 minutes from the town center depending on how fast the unit moves.

nigeo19 wrote:

this requires a bit of kindness from the other side. "hey you are dying anyway you might aswell give me your resources and/or this province" if you see a player about to die you can just ask them for stuff and maybe even tell them how you will avenge them
      You can do the same with your enemies. If you are kind to them and you give them notes how to improve their game the next time they will be happy to give you their resources.

nigeo19 wrote:

handy trick three: choose allies wisely
      most coalition leaders would accept anyone reasonably close to them without checking stats or location. This is a huge No-no and users who chose countries first or apply first will just be in the coalition instead of good players .
      Most players select their allies based on the geography to avoid being attacked early on. This is a stupid strategy as you'll be stuck with a weak ally all game long. Day one coalitions that are formed out of fear never survive. Usually when I enter a map I check out all players and I chose the ones with the highest rank, highest K/D ratio, province retainment ration and the best games joined vs games won. Those will be the best players and the best allies you can wish for no matter where they are on the map.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • i'd rather make temporary allies than coalition in day 1, or i join coalitions ASAP with my friends, usually i am disappointed tho
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Simplify your production lines, make sure your unit production is in line with your strategy.
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker
    • nigeo19 wrote:

Well if you are really good you can win a game as any country even Poland but otherwise some countries have a strategic disadvantage
      not strategic per se, but rather tactical
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • I once played as Poland, and brilliantly neutralized USSR and built a huge army. Thats me!
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • Sound advice.

People choose Poland for the challenge, but it is true @freezy maybe on the country choose menu there should be a "difficulty" indicator for new players. You probably have the stats on your side about which countries wins the most on most maps.
      Would lose for those data to be shared by the way :).

The free stuff trick is really powerful indeed. On the other hand, BE the big guy, because actually being the most powerful player means :
      - People will want to join YOUR coalition, so you get to choose
      - There is an acceleration effect. The more powerful you are, the more you can afford to build less troops and industrialize more, plus the more ressource you are, so you can really leverage this.

Agree on "don't ally any one". When I am not an OCS, I am really picky about my coalition and don't join one until say day 5 or 6, MINIMUM

Three last advice for newbies :
      - It is tempting to attack AI countries at the beginning. It is even better to attack :
      Inactive players not yet controlled by AI : they don't defend and have a lot of cash
      Active players who started a war with another country on the other side of him, so most likely he has no defense and his troops are already weakened.

Totally unrelated, when there is a large "spread" in the market (buy vs sell gap) it is super interesting to put sleeping orders bridging that gap both buying and selling, especially at the beginning. Most people want to buy/sell but can't be bothered to put their own orders, so they WILL take your offers. I explained that a bit here
    • nuke fire works
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • Ah. Wait, so that picture isnt a fake???!!!

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • whowh wrote:

GrandEmpire wrote:

nuke fire works
      I doubt that’s what my enemies were thinking
      I nuked every country in the world and then sent heavy tanks with commandos (this is 1.0) to seize terrritory
      You must have waited a long time to collect all the resources needed. And for the slow heavy tanks+commandos to arrive. I don't have the patience at all. How long did the game take? I don't think you can do this anymore because the game ends after 3 or 4 weeks in any case.
    • NoobNoobTrain wrote:

whowh wrote:

GrandEmpire wrote:

nuke fire works
      I doubt that’s what my enemies were thinkingI nuked every country in the world and then sent heavy tanks with commandos (this is 1.0) to seize terrritory
      You must have waited a long time to collect all the resources needed. And for the slow heavy tanks+commandos to arrive. I don't have the patience at all. How long did the game take? I don't think you can do this anymore because the game ends after 3 or 4 weeks in any case.
      It was my experiment game. It was day 150. I had fleets of nuke battleships everywhere it was great. All of my industries were maxed out and I literally could spawn in so many units at once that it would break the global army strength.
    • Hmmm here will be my tips for the game. These are in order for things that I do when playing the game.

1. Resource Management
      2. Time Management
      3. Situational/Map Awareness
      4. Troop Composition
      5. Organization I (Where to deploy/assign your troops in the map)
      6. Organization II (Where to build your structures/factories/resource buldings and etc)
      7. Troop/Unit Production
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker