Poll for most important thing about a CoW game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Poll for most important thing about a CoW game

whats the most important thing about a call of war game? 18
        Victory points (2) 11%
        Your economy (6) 33%
        The amount and quality of your troops (9) 50%
        Your reputation (human and AI) (1) 6%
        Starting location (0) 0%
      Out of the following what do you think is most important for success? just wanna know ur opinions . have a nice day
      nigeo19?

The post was edited 1 time, last by nigeo19: EDIT: what type of strategy is most important ().

• To me it is the amount and quality of troops. War is a game of numbers he who knows how to utilize those numbers win. Based on Sun Tzu's passage it even mentions in when to attack an enemy army and how to react with the numbers of the opposition. The only advantage modern armies have over ancient and older ones is one, firepower, technology and next is the C3(Communications, command and control). Still like any model of armies, it needs numbers to succeed in its goal.

Let me explain further, numbers is really a key in winning wars. The Axis in WWII was defeated because of the superior numbers of the Soviet Union and the Allies both in materiel and manpower. You may kill a lot of enemies with your superior tactics, but if you do not have a plan and our resources are limited you are only limited to signing peace treaties with your enemy. This is what Japan intended to do but they failed and lost when the U.S. continued to fight on.

Economy is helpful but then again if your country is in the front line it is not going to help. If the enemy harass your country's economic activities without the defense of your army then it is futile. Your economy will turn into dust.

That's why in CoW games it is preferable to have at least a sustainable economy but focused on a leaner military. Controllable, maneuverable and lastly numerous enough to deal with my adversaries. Unless you go solo you don't really need a very large army. I cannot imagine going solo against two to three coalitions with 5 members each. You loose the numbers game that way.

That's why for me the quantity and quality of troops matters first to economy, reputation and others.
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker
    • I think an "other" option would fit this poll, also "victory points" doesn't really fit as most of the time that's what you gotta get for winning the round lol, it's a mechanic.

Anyways I didn't vote because none of these are the most important for me. I think strategy is obviously the most important, none of the options (again except for victory points as this is just the mechanic) play as a huge role as strategy does.

Economy? Important, but think about a round where your economy is collapsing because of war. Some players would be able to get back on the stage after the collapse and even win the game with good strategy.

Amount and quality of your troops matter of course but I'm going to say the same thing as I said for economy.

Reputation is meh, if we are also including real diplomatic relations sure they are important but even forming the right relations and rising your popularity is a strategy.

Starting location is important but really it doesn't make sense to me when someone spends hours deciding where to start. I mean it's a game meant for fun, be a bit brave and do something different. For example get a country without thinking much and try to win as that country. Test yourself.

Seriously... If you don't have something specific in mind then don't try to hide behind your starting location.

It only matters when you wnat to do something specific. Do you want to work a lot on navy? Get a country with a coast. Want to play as a small country? Choose a small one. That's it, small details.

Location wise, your conquering rotation matters more.

After strategy, being able to check the game once every few hours for a few minutes is the most important.

Also, maybe it's just a necessity for diplomatic relations for some but to me social interaction in the game matters a lot. I wouldn't play the game if it didn't have that aspect as there are tons of games that do the same just offline, also they are quicker. Some find it annoying but I really enjoy the usage of that newspaper, especially when it gets 100+ articles in a few minutes.

Edit: font difference ignore dat
    • all of these options come under strategy and obviously strategy would be the best but what Type of strategy do you think is the best? that was the question
      i'll ad an other option but i meant would you just go for victory points provinces or focus on resource production or something
      nigeo19?
    • Most TOP 3 important Things in CoW 16
        Having fun (12) 75%
        Quantity of troops (10) 63%
        Economy (7) 44%
        VPs (5) 31%
        Geographical location of country (4) 25%
        Research (4) 25%
        Making friends (2) 13%
        Reputation (0) 0%
        Player level (0) 0%
        Something else(select this then quote and comment) (0) 0%
      I have created a new poll and added more options pls select up to 3
      hi
    • Based on the new poll here are my thoughts...

1. Having fun: Boredom does not make me throw games it is when I find the game not fun anymore. If the game has lost purpose in making it fun for me, why play it? Usually this happens when things get too complicated politically or when you are in a very difficult position in deciding matters on alliances and etc. Sometimes even moral and ethical issues with my decisions in game make me throw the game. Like yeah, I hate it when something feels off and bitter in the aftertaste especially when I have to betray someone.

Aside from that, if I find what I do in this game fun I will continue playing.

2. Geographical location: I do not want to be sandwiched by several countries and get squished by four of them at the same time. Buffer states (neutrals) and natural barriers are really important in the survival of your nation's existence. Unless you are so friendly you may consider yourself surrounded by several nations. If not, better stick with a country surrounded by natural barriers.

3. Quantity of troops: I have explained this earlier in my post but I'll reiterate what I said. War is a game of numbers. Technology may be a deciding factor but unless you are so good you can do Predator vs Colonial Marines style battles. Take note however no matter how technologically advanced Predator was he relied on stealth since head on he would be pummeled.

With enough numbers and technological superiority you can actually defeat almost anyone. With correct usage of your numbers you can be anywhere you need your troops to be. Too much troops I admit is a hassle and takes a toll on your resources. Quantity should be managed well for winning the game. Therefore I believe that quantity of troops should qualify as one of the most important part of the game.
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker
    • I believe there are several factors to why people vote the way they did. The ones who voted for the geographical location would like a strong foundation to begin their conquests. They see a strong start as the key to victory. The ones who voted for economy is thinking of how to sustain their conquests. This thinking is long-term, and those who think this way are usually likely to win (of course, investing TOO much in economy would backfire). The ones who voted for troops see the tactical means to victory as the most important (that's me). Although their general mind is short-sighted, they prefer to go step-by-step and improvise along the way. Finally, the ones who voted for VP is far-sighted, perhaps too far. They seek the ends before the means, but this is glossing over the many details I mentioned before. Their view is very broad and far-reached, but they're missing out on what's in front of them.

Hope my analyzing actually makes sense.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Nn gg wrote:

h4zel wrote:

No offense but I think anyone who doesn't include "having fun" as one of their answers in the new poll should have some serious problems.
      yes, that’s 1 reason why I put that option to test if y’all gone mad and still play the game if u don’t have fun
      Lol nice

Little Racoon wrote:

I believe there are several factors to why people vote the way they did. The ones who voted for the geographical location would like a strong foundation to begin their conquests. They see a strong start as the key to victory. The ones who voted for economy is thinking of how to sustain their conquests. This thinking is long-term, and those who think this way are usually likely to win (of course, investing TOO much in economy would backfire). The ones who voted for troops see the tactical means to victory as the most important (that's me). Although their general mind is short-sighted, they prefer to go step-by-step and improvise along the way. Finally, the ones who voted for VP is far-sighted, perhaps too far. They seek the ends before the means, but this is glossing over the many details I mentioned before. Their view is very broad and far-reached, but they're missing out on what's in front of them.

Hope my analyzing actually makes sense.
      It does mostly.