Taking on Coalitions Alone

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Taking on Coalitions Alone

Have you guys encountered the situation where you are to fight a coalition by yourself? I mean, it doesn't mean that it is a full coalition with five members. Only like four or less members or so.

How did you win against them and what is the outcome?

As a follow up question do you believe in the term "Attack of one is an attack of all in coalitions?"
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker
    • this happen to me but i had one ally . i was playing as Pakistan and really got screwed. i invaded Afghanistan kicked Turkestan out because he was invading Afghanistan . i had non aggression with Kazakhstan . he broke it and i destroyed him with the help of Xinjiang . Kazakhstan joined the huge Russian coalition and said we were the aggressors. it was 6 against 2. we knew we couldn't win so we at least wanted to harm as many troops as possible with artillery (and tanks for defense) . we went on morale campaigns and bombarded cities reeking havoc (we managed to take all but one of their capital temporarily ) as you won't be able to hold onto the city you should cancel all production and leave. Hopefully if you lower their morale enough you can sue for peace. Winning unless you use gold its practically unwinnable
      nigeo19?
    • KriegMaker wrote:

Have you guys encountered the situation where you are to fight a coalition by yourself? I mean, it doesn't mean that it is a full coalition with five members. Only like four or less members or so.

As a follow up question do you believe in the term "Attack of one is an attack of all in coalitions?"
      In some maps coalitions don't have five spots they may have less ;)

Anyways if you like using the quirky side of the game, apply: "If you can't win join them" (seriously it's fun when you join a coalition and then backstab them and I might get lots of hate for saying this)

If not, I have seen and heard some situations where a coalition (or more) fight against the strongest country on the map. In this case both can win,no specific strategy for that just apply whatever fits.

KriegMaker wrote:

... do you believe in the term "Attack of one is an attack of all in coalitions?"
      Sure, what's the point of a coalition otherwise if you aren't going to support your ally?

Though you don't have to apply this strictly and take side against every country your coalition members fight with. For example if they are normally in a war with a country and conquering them without much problems then you don't have to care. It's just normal gameplay.

But once your ally is in a bad situation then you may take side against the enemy.
    • nigeo19 wrote:

this happen to me but i had one ally . i was playing as Pakistan and really got screwed. i invaded Afghanistan kicked Turkestan out because he was invading Afghanistan . i had non aggression with Kazakhstan . he broke it and i destroyed him with the help of Xinjiang . Kazakhstan joined the huge Russian coalition and said we were the aggressors. it was 6 against 2. we knew we couldn't win so we at least wanted to harm as many troops as possible with artillery (and tanks for defense) . we went on morale campaigns and bombarded cities reeking havoc (we managed to take all but one of their capital temporarily ) as you won't be able to hold onto the city you should cancel all production and leave. Hopefully if you lower their morale enough you can sue for peace. Winning unless you use gold its practically unwinnable
      That's kinda sad to hear. Anyways, your strategy is pretty sound if you ask me. That's the only way a small faction could survive facing a huge one.

Anyways, strategy is indeed a deciding factor in such games.
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker
    • KriegMaker wrote:

in a doomsday match it would be easier to take on a coalition. I’m currently Columbia there and fighting south Mexico, Central America and Venezuela and apparently I’m winning at all ends even after AI nuked me(I was shocked too that but it was b cause my rocket fighter attacked the nuke but I Guess X factor was not on my side).

this shows that u can Attack 3 countries at once. And they had much more land than me but they got sick of the war and went AFK lol. That’s how u annoy 1 to death
      hi
    • I played the Pacific map as a west Asian country and had already defeated a 2 country coalition when I came up against a full North American coalition. Luckily I had started building a navy early and had a large naval advantage, which allowed me to sink anything they sent over. Didn't hurt that they did not coordinate their efforts, or had any idea how to scout. I won the race to the Alaskan narrows and after killing a bunch of ships and embarked units, managed to convince one of them to switch sides. He didn't do much against his former allies, but it did allow me to gobble up most of North America, aside from his part of it. If they had done a better job of working together, it would have made for a tougher fight as sending their fleets over one at a time made my ship captains very happy. Fun for me, probably not for them lol
    • I remember dealing with a really large World at War coalition with misdirection. With 5 members but not a very good leader uniting them together I managed to build the climate of mistrust I needed in each coalition member to make them believe that they were going to stab each other. By befriending one of them and pitting the others against each other, I took over the coalition from the inside without having to lift a finger. Once they were weakened I just cleaned up. To be honest you should never attack a large coalition without the confidence that you can at least take out some of their members quickly. Don't underestimate how powerful people are when they're united to kill one person. Misdirection, deceit and diplomacy are your friends.

As for your follow-up question, it really depends if the coalition is getting into a fight they can win or not. If with my help my coalition could win, I'd join without hesitation. But if I deem the situation too dangerous I'd much rather broker with my enemies and split them from the inside, or find refuge in their ranks. Alliances and coalitions are flexible. Refuse to bend, and you will break along with your allies. That's been my philosophy for a while now.
      Never win by force what you can win by deceit.
    • But prepare to win by force anyway. :)
      Playing Ethiopia once: first round African wars went well so Day 8 economy was booming, all African opponents were eliminated and Saudi was captured. The 100p map is often decided in Asia and North India's coalition was the only obstacle to victory. South India and Iraq were decimated in their first war but North India was only weakened so I had to blitz Iraq and send the main army straight at India. He fought back well but reached his core just in time for the level 4 rocket upgrade to help take out his forts. Queensland and NZ were strong but too far away to reach the battle. The Siberian SPArt cavalry showed up only as NI's core was lost - too late. It wasn't so bad since didn't have to fight both of them at once.