What is your biggest comeback in Call of War?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is your biggest comeback in Call of War?

So, I've been wondering about epic comebacks in Call of War - basically, looking like you're about to lose but you then pull out a uno reverse card. I've had my moments, but I wonder what the biggest comeback was for you guys.
    • For me it was in a 100p world map. I was playing as South West Africa. I had captured all of South and central Africa, excluding Madagascar. I was then attacked by Libya, Algeria, and Madagascar, they controlled North Africa and parts of Europe. They successfully pushed me back until I only had my cores, Angola, and South Africa. Just when I was about to give up I sent a few convoys to attack their cores by sea, unfortunately for them they had neglected to build a navy. They were forced to pull back, and I took over Algeria and Libya who had left their cores virtually empty. That left me with only Madagascar to fight. He offered peace but I declined, as my army was stronger than his. I positioned a few subs around him. He tried to attack a few times but gave up and went inactive.
    • Like Oflittleornoconcern, I was playing SW Africa in a world map. Unlike him, I had conquered nothing and was surrounded by a strong Coalition. I contacted a North American coalition, offered to ally and did what I could to assist them. Started with border intel and later Espionage which they could see via Shared Intelligence (a real benefit of High Command). Close to the end of the game, they had someone drop out and accepted my application. I ended up taking a good part of Africa while assisting their invasion and pulled an alliance win on a map where I never expected it!
    • wile it was not a come back it was a still a big win by consideration of odds. Me and another player had taken ove all of south America (regular world map) and a player that had taken all of Africa had made the decision to take us out. Wile we were highly ouy matched and the African player use alot of gold we held off for almost 2 weeks. Didnt even land. But after a provence of my allys revolted to the african player he emidutly produced 30+ units and later landed many more. We help off for another week and prevented him from advancing further than 3 provences away. But sadly he had 4 almost equally same size as him allys. One landed and fought us until we stoped his progress 2 days later. After 2 more weeks of bombings from nuke rockets another ally of Africa's landed and was constantly bombing our coast. After 3 days of this and the enemy only advanced about 6 provences from his first another ally landed on the same side and the final started to land on the west side of south America. We held on for 4 days until out lines finaly collapsed. But luckly they were only 20 points away from. The win. So me and my ally survived until they won. We still got gold in the end and proved that skill ultamatly beets gold. (Unless the gold has back up)
    • accualy I have a newer one that is a come back. So I was being attacked but my nabour I was focused on a far away objective so I was lightly defended. He walked through me. Buy his capitol was on the water (a lake) judt before he encircled the lake I had sent a light tank into the middle just in case. As he pummeled my defences I made that single tank go for his capitol. I took it. I figured I could pull a 3rd of his forces off of me. He pulled everything back but an armored car devision. I sent 4 more light tanks in to his land to take his citys. Because I was faster he couldn't catch me. Now im pushing into him. He still have a bigger army but my artilery is messing him up. I think hes going ai.
    • Rukka Rukka wrote:

. I think hes going ai.
      Yeah, that's very irritating. Too many players just drop out after some minor setback, or even just running into opposition. I never thought I'd say this, but a huge amount of CoW players lack the stomach for an actual fight.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Rukka Rukka wrote:

. I think hes going ai.
      Yeah, that's very irritating. Too many players just drop out after some minor setback, or even just running into opposition. I never thought I'd say this, but a huge amount of CoW players lack the stomach for an actual fight.
      yes. Many players don’t have the guts to face their enemy in the face. Unlike me lol. If you ever see me play a game, I fight to the end(unless I play the “go AI method” or “let AI kill the enemy and wait for help method”) those 2 are effective if your enemy has stacks of tanks. AI will spam anti tanks lol.
      hi

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nn gg: Sorry typo ().

• I (as Burma) was surprised-attacked by my former ally (Sumatra) as I was attacking China, which was his ally. I was busy colonising South America at that point and my main battle fleet was there. He rushed me at night, killing 35000 of my troops. He destroyed a lot of my submarines I placed to ambush potential enemies My capital fell.

I moved my capital to South America and got my units out of range of Sumatra’s battleships. I made a battleship in a city that was out of range of the bombers and produced heavy tanks and tank destroyers in my surviving provinces. I used my new battleship to destroy Sumatra’s battleships at my former capital, which was busy picking off one of my remaining forces. I regrouped my remaining forces and submarines.

Sumatra’s battleships and aircraft carrier were destroyed. Sumatra sent a submarine to destroy my carrier. Both annihilate each other.

By then I began pushing back with the help of my ally (Persia). I began taking Indochina from Sumatra and Persia blockaded Java.

The war unfortunately ended the next day when my coalition won. I lost 95k while Sumatra lost 115k. My main battle fleet I was going to use to bombard Sumatra to the ground was only a few hours from arriving.
    • ahuman wrote:

I (as Burma) was surprised-attacked by my former ally (Sumatra) as I was attacking China, which was his ally. I was busy colonising South America at that point and my main battle fleet was there. He rushed me at night, killing 35000 of my troops. He destroyed a lot of my submarines I placed to ambush potential enemies My capital fell.

I moved my capital to South America and got my units out of range of Sumatra’s battleships. I made a battleship in a city that was out of range of the bombers and produced heavy tanks and tank destroyers in my surviving provinces. I used my new battleship to destroy Sumatra’s battleships at my former capital, which was busy picking off one of my remaining forces. I regrouped my remaining forces and submarines.

Sumatra’s battleships and aircraft carrier were destroyed. Sumatra sent a submarine to destroy my carrier. Both annihilate each other.

By then I began pushing back with the help of my ally (Persia). I began taking Indochina from Sumatra and Persia blockaded Java.

The war unfortunately ended the next day when my coalition won. I lost 95k while Sumatra lost 115k. My main battle fleet I was going to use to bombard Sumatra to the ground was only a few hours from arriving.
      timed game? Or just too many points? If too many points and want to watch yourself bombard sumatra to the ground just give him a whole 25 point old capital(Then blow all the buildings up) and just bomb him to the ground. Simple
      hi
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

This is true, and I find myself in some of those situations too. Although, as you can see in my quote, I really hate giving up, but sometimes I just do for various reasons. Sometimes I would lose a decisive battle and give up, sometimes I would give up because I was bored, and sometimes I just forget about a game, effectively "giving up".

Lately I have been glad though, fighting several countries until my airforce is basically totally destroyed (although I still gave up when I'm down to 60-some units), and I gained my enemies' respect along the way. I started the war fighting only Carribbean, a golder who has really good stats (so in my pride, I challenged him). I tried to rally the world to my side, but ended up fighting alone (I have a coalition, but mid-way my strongest ally left the game and my ally to the south remained neutral) against Carribbean, Pakistan, and Tibet (mostly Carribbean and Tibet), all the while fighting my former ally Upper Volta who turned AI. I gave up on day 28, but didn't retreat my troops until day 32 (when I finally decided to retreat all troops to my core). I ended up with these casualties:

(all my own casualties are on the left)
      Against Tibet: 34,504 vs 113,583 (we got peace on day 35)
      Against Carribbean: 138,504 vs 151,099 (also got peace on day 35)
      Against Pakistan: 6,844 vs 53,020 (achieved peace on day 36, but he stopped attacking by day 33)
      Against Upper Volta: 40,832 vs 98,303 (never ended the war cos he's AI)
      Game ended on day 40 when Nigeria, my former southern ally, joined them (coalition including Carribbean, Korea, Pakistan, and Tibet) for enough points (they invited me to join them, but I denied, instead asking Nigeria to join them).

Total casualties:
      Against player: 179,852 vs 317,702
      Against AI: 40,832 vs 98,303.

War lasted from day 12 (when I attacked Carribbean) to day 36 (when I got peace with Pakistan), game ended on day 40.

Although this was a loss, it was a loss that I am very proud of, as not only did I make amends with a golder (despite me being quite hateful and mean against him early on), I also befriended my opponents and fought with great honor, not switching sides till the end.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Little Racoon ().

• Little Racoon wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

This is true, and I find myself in some of those situations too. Although, as you can see in my quote, I really hate giving up, but sometimes I just do for various reasons. Sometimes I would lose a decisive battle and give up, sometimes I would give up because I was bored, and sometimes I just forget about a game, effectively "giving up".
      Oh don't get me wrong; I have nothing against giving up after losing a decisive battle (though I admire players who don't and fight till the bitter end); my point is about giving up at the least gust of wind from a wrong side.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • I was playing as New Zealand and my friend was playing as North USA in the 100 Player game. My friend picked North USA by complete accident and was 8 days away from the rest of the group. I sent all of my units to take over Alaska so i could have a presence in North America in order to help him. We had made an Alliance with Saskatchewan and he backstabbed North USA leaving him defenseless in his core provinces. I still had to make the journey through Yukon and he was being beat up very badly. A day goes by and things are looking bad, a coalition is growing closer to North USA and we don't know how much longer we have. But out of the blue, Saskatchewan made a mistake and left his troops in one massive army in one of North USA's cities overnight. North USA made as much artillery as he could and destroyed Saskatchewan. Now we are back to having a stable economy and i am optimistic for the rest of the game.
    • Triston YT wrote:

I was playing as New Zealand and my friend was playing as North USA in the 100 Player game. My friend picked North USA by complete accident and was 8 days away from the rest of the group. I sent all of my units to take over Alaska so i could have a presence in North America in order to help him. We had made an Alliance with Saskatchewan and he backstabbed North USA leaving him defenseless in his core provinces. I still had to make the journey through Yukon and he was being beat up very badly. A day goes by and things are looking bad, a coalition is growing closer to North USA and we don't know how much longer we have. But out of the blue, Saskatchewan made a mistake and left his troops in one massive army in one of North USA's cities overnight. North USA made as much artillery as he could and destroyed Saskatchewan. Now we are back to having a stable economy and i am optimistic for the rest of the game.
      Well, Now I'VE been backstabbed too. Colorado got mad at me and took me out overnight and now i have 0 units and my friend is almost dead. i am no longer optimistic for this game
    • Hang in there... you're NZ, by definition, no one is near you, so you can rebuild!
      - BIG DADDY.