Comitern doctrine overpowered

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Comitern doctrine overpowered

I always find that the top countries on 1.5 maps are the countries with comitern doctrine. with all other doctrines i find that i have manpower shortages, but with comitern i have enough resources to research build and upgrade units. Comitern also usually has the largest armies on the map and if you survive a few days, you will find yourself with almost twice as many high-level units as other doctrines like axis. When you get this strong, you will be able to defeat almost any other doctrine.

I would suggest you make other doctrines better, or decrease the upkeep reductions, or comitern will be too good. :)
    • Conquerer74 wrote:

I always find that the top countries on 1.5 maps are the countries with comitern doctrine. with all other doctrines i find that i have manpower shortages, but with comitern i have enough resources to research build and upgrade units. Comitern also usually has the largest armies on the map and if you survive a few days, you will find yourself with almost twice as many high-level units as other doctrines like axis. When you get this strong, you will be able to defeat almost any other doctrine.

I would suggest you make other doctrines better, or decrease the upkeep reductions, or comitern will be too good. :)
      Comintern sucks imo
    • LOL, nope. Comintern is bAlanced with other doctrines. I played at 100p map for them twice, and for panasian and allies also 2 times for both of them. Once for axis at 22p map. All doctrines are well balanced comparing others. Especially Comintern against Axis: a few overpowered army against a huge army. Even units are counter-pics against each other.
    • h4zel wrote:

Conquerer74 wrote:

Comintern sucks imo
      that's a bit too exaggerated. comitern is not the best, but it does have better manpower and if you are active enough, you will be able to produce more units then other doctrines. Also in most of my games comitern wins as much as other doctrines.
    • Comintern is deadly if used correctly, but the same applies for other doctrines... just that it's easier to master Comintern. I've only played Comintern once in a 22p, but I was surprised at how reliable they are despite the fact that they deal less damage. Perhaps they aren't as fast as Pan-Asia (my favorite doctrine), as tanky as Axis, or as cheap as Allies, but the point that I can sustain a huge army that isn't fragile is pretty powerful.

In Pan-Asia, activity is everything. Your speed and view range is nothing if you don't have the activity to spot danger and run away when necessary. In Axis, you need to sacrifice a lot and can't really simultaneously focus on many units, although you are guaranteed to win if facing same numbers. In Allies, their speed costs them flexibility, and they may not be able to reinforce a front as fast as the other doctrines. Comintern, however, other than their damage problem (which is solved by spamming even more troops), doesn't really have any significant weakness and is quite balanced.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • I think this thread demonstrates nicely what freezy said in a different one: all doctrines are, for the most part, balanced. (true balance is pretty much impossible so let's not get hung up on that). You all have your favourites and can play them successfully which shows just how great of an addition doctrines are. They keep the game fresh and add lots of variety.

I know the point wasn't to argue for or against doctrines in general but I thought I'd throw that in here for good measure.
    • Conquerer74 wrote:

I would suggest you make other doctrines better, or decrease the upkeep reductions, or comitern will be too good.
      the whole reason for that is you aren't playing with good players. Comintern is the most cost-effective in straight-up fights and is the easiest to build up economy with, making it way better than other doctrines for the newer players. In competitive play the manoeuvres are way easier for Axis or Pan-Asian and Allies have probably the best lategame development. The whole reason Comintern is winning is the new players' playstyle suits Comintern the best 95% of the time. Axis have some badass buffs and Pan-Asian have crazy raiding units, Comintern is NOT overpowered. No doctrine is the best overall, different doctrines excel at different skill and activity levels. Of course the win rates may be slightly in favour of one, but that doesn't make it overpowered as it may be caused by the ratio of different skill levels changing all the time.
      "In CoW, don't stamp on things before looking. Rakes are everywhere!"

"Don't underestimate noobs; if they don't know what they're doing, how can you?"

Hornetkeeper
    • Conquerer74 wrote:

I am here because I disapprove of the headline and will agree, that Comintern is overpowered in COW.