Heavy Tanks over Tank Destroyers?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Heavy Tanks over Tank Destroyers?

Which is more preferable between the two?

Heavy Tanks - Consistent stat values, can be used for offense and has good armor. Expensive to make and slow.

Tank Destroyers - Good defensive stats against tank, not ideal for attack and has light armor. Cheaper to make and faster but vulnerable to infantry units.

I am making an overhaul to my doctrine because

1. I use too much units in my stacks and it is far wasteful to both resources and time to make.

2. I want to simplify my build.

What do you think guys?
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker
    • Neither. Medium tanks can do the job relatively well compared to the two units mentioned above. However, in a stationary/slow war, I'd suggest heavy tanks.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Little Racoon wrote:

Neither. Medium tanks can do the job relatively well compared to the two units mentioned above. However, in a stationary/slow war, I'd suggest heavy tanks.
      I see... thanks. I usually make two type of armies. The attack (Medium/LT + Motor Infantry) and the support (SP Artillery + SPAA + Tank Destroyers + Mech infnatry). The lead will be the attack and behind will be the support.
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker
    • I personally perfer Tank Destroyers if I'm using my stack purely for holding occupied zones at risk of attack, and heavy tanks as damage soakers for my vanguard or supporting assault columns.
      Never win by force what you can win by deceit.