1.5 to 1.0 adjustments

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 1.5 to 1.0 adjustments

Most of my games are in 1.5. Playing in 1.0 I am really having a hard time, like I find it hard adjusting. The build times are slower although quite simpler compared to 1.5.

The differences I observed are:

1. You can build your facilities anywhere in the provinces with no restrictions. This is really good when trying to mass produce troops.

2. Build times are really slow. It will make blitzing early on nearly impossible.

3. Simpler air force, a single tactical bomber can lay waste to ground units. No need for attack bombers for tank units.

4. Unit values are so low. A single unit is only worth 2 and sometimes 5 respectively not upgraded. It's kind of difficult to build an army with intimidating stats.

My question is...

"How do I make better transition and adoption from 1.5 to 1.0?"

Thank you for reading!
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker
    • Obviously, 1.0 is slower-paced than 1.5, and on the surface, have simpler mechanics. Also, infrastructure allows for more production of resources in 1.0, not 1.5. For a good transition, you have to first have: patience. Unlike in 1.5 where battleships can literally appear by the end of day 1/early day 2, in 1.0 you have to slowly improve your overall army strength. Then, there's the uniformity of HP. No matter how high lvl a unit is in 1.0, their HP remains the same. Which means only by mid-late game will the pace quicken, with troops insta-killing other troops.

You would need to learn the difference of arti. Arti in 1.0 get range boost when they're level 3 and level 6, being the same range as battleships in level 4 and level 7. In 1.5, both arti and battleship don't have range boosts, and battleships have a much larger range than arti there, boosting its usefulness when bombarding land units.

Also, in 1.0, aircraft is MUCH more useful than in 1.5. In 1.5, a level 4 AC (armored car) can have higher aa damage to a level 2 tac bomber's attack on light armor. In 1.0, tacs are almost perpetually stronger than all land units except for the aa and spaa, even with the comparison I showed above.

These are just a few points you have to know while transitioning. I'm sure there are more details you need to notice.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • The only thing I would add to this is that in 1.0 you have the ability to greatly increase your resource output. If you build IC, infra, and nb you get a whopping 130% increase to core production (except non-core is lowered to 25%). This means that when you're in a pinch you can just wait a while and increase resource output... That sort of transfers to 1.5, although I really believe they should make it 130% and not 100%...
    • GGBugh wrote:

The only thing I would add to this is that in 1.0 you have the ability to greatly increase your resource output. If you build IC, infra, and nb you get a whopping 130% increase to core production (except non-core is lowered to 25%). This means that when you're in a pinch you can just wait a while and increase resource output... That sort of transfers to 1.5, although I really believe they should make it 130% and not 100%...
      But note in 1.5 there are double resource production on all cities, so I guess that's balanced it a bit.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • The double production on all cities... I guess it balances it, but what everyone seems to forget is we don't consume all resources equally. We need more Steel than RM, for instance. Food and Goods are consumed at the same rate, but Oil is consumed a lot faster, etc. If you want to be able to use everything you have when starting production, you need to have proportional rates, not even rates. In order to achieve proportional rates, you need to significantly boost oil and steel output and sell off as much RM as possible (which... the price hovering around 1:1 makes if very difficult).
    • kreigmaker wrote:

The differences I observed are:

1. You can build your facilities anywhere in the provinces with no restrictions. This is really good when trying to mass produce troops.

2. Build times are really slow. It will make blitzing early on nearly impossible.

3. Simpler air force, a single tactical bomber can lay waste to ground units. No need for attack bombers for tank units.

4. Unit values are so low. A single unit is only worth 2 and sometimes 5 respectively not upgraded. It's kind of difficult to build an army with intimidating stats.

My question is...

"How do I make better transition and adoption from 1.5 to 1.0?"

Thank you for reading!
      1) What you said is true. But the build times of 1.5 offset this, because the build times in 1.5 are 4 times faster(this means you have to be a lot more time on Call of War)

2) Depends on the map. And how you blitzkrieg

3)If the opponent doesn't build Anti Air or interceptors its not your problem. There isn't attack bombers at all

4) Ranged offenses are the meta in 1.0, Artillery, Sp Artillery, Rockets, Tactical Bombers, Naval Bombers, Battleships.

firstly, 1.0 is practically a different playstyle. I recommend watching Sky Badger or Gauntlet to see the meta of 1.0(Infrastructure is key)
    • With regards to infrastructure in not increasing resource production in 1.5. Province resource consumption was removed to help offset this.
      Unit values are lower ,this is because there is only 1 attack per hour not 2.
      Ranged units do increase their range with certain upgrades. So upgrading before your enemy can give large advantage.
      Researching a new tech level automatically upgrades all of that unit type.