Strategy , Tactics , Improvements and Features

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Strategy , Tactics , Improvements and Features

So , i started this game 1 month ago , and i find it very fun , but , it was really missing some strategy / tactics . I mean , the combat system is like a medival one , you spam all your unit and take them to one place , then if they encounter the enemy's units the war is won by who wins the battle , no possibility of reatreating or encerciling the enemy .

So , i will give some suggestions (The ones that are higher in the list are the ones that I think , this game needs the more , also sorry for my bad english :d) :

Reatreating :
      We all know this game is in 1942 (ww2 period) , and you know what's happening in 1942 ? Barbarossa ! The Germans pushing , the soviets reatreating , the Germans reatreating , the soviets pushing . Anyway , i think you should add a reatreating system that would maybe work like this : if there is a 2v1 unit combat , the 1 unit cant reatreat , beaucause it's alone , but , if there is a 2v2 unit combat , 1 of the 2 losing units could reatreat by seperating itself from the other losing unit (2 tanks vs 2infantries , you let only 1 infantry fighting the tanks and the other reatreats) , but , i know , there is a problem , the unit could reatreat from the other side and advance into the enemies territories , but , here's a solution : before a battle begins , the game needs to rember from where the 2 stacks came from . If the 2 tanks came from the right , the 2 infantries wont be able to reatreat to the right (yes , maybe this is a difficult feature to implement) .

Suply and encirclements :
      Thos feature could add a more strategic side to the game , here's how it sould , and i hope would work (pls :c) : we all know that every province have a production , and that all units have some maintenance cost , so , every ressource a province produces should directly go to a unit for maintenance , but if the unit already have everything it needs , the ressources should go to the capital , where it will be stored (capital building = storage system) . Now , let's imagine i encirceled a province that have a lot of tanks in it , then , the tanks just wont work , unless if they in a province that produces what they need for their maintenance (or if i encircle a lot of provinces , it will be THE provinces that produces what they need) . It can be the same for the infantry , only that the infantry will just strat dying little to little . Now , lets imagine that the enemy taked enough provinces to completely destroy your production , then , if you already have enough ressources for your units , they will be used . The suplly line will go from the capital to the unit , wich means that taking a capital city will now be more important , and by taking it , you can steal the ressources that were stored in it .

Surrendering :
      If the enemy takes all your cities , or half of all your provinces , you will be able to surrender . By surrendering , your enemy will get all your ressources and provinces . (The surrender button should be in the diplomacy (like ceasz fire , peace ext ...)) .

Annexing :
      When we take a province , it will always be different from the provinces that we had in the start of the game . Well , we should be able to fix that ! We should be able to annex someone's provinces that we taked only if they surrendered , cease fired , or dispeared . To do that , you will tap on the occupied province , and a ANNEX button should appear . It would cost some ressources , and after annexing it the province moral will drop to 25% . (We will also need to repair the buildings if there is aky to annex it) .

Giving provinces :
      When we tap on an occupied (and not annexed) province , we should be able to give it to someone in our alliance , and this , from turn 1 , (and it should be infinite) .

Call of war 2.0 :
      This features needs to be added alone in a new party (like call of war 1.5) , so that if someone doesnt like them , they will be able to not be playing with it .

Anyway , i know that some features will be difficult to add , but i really hope that some of them will be able to make it into the game . Thank you for reading , and sorry for my bad englUsh ;) .
    • I do agree that the game should add some features such as retreating and encirclement, but the current game already has a lot of strategy. You can use fast units to race toward the enemy capitol...and its not all about stacking units in one place. You need to split stacks and attack in unexpected locations. You also have to decide which units to make and how much of each. You need certain units to protect your other units, etc.