Alright math genuises time to get to work

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Um... first off, I'm not really good at math. Second of all, can you please clarify? Do you mean balancing production of resources, or balancing production of units?
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • In that case, I can give some calculations (note all calculations are done for CoW 1.0 as no matter the level, resource and hp are the same, which simplifies things):

Infantry:
      Costs 500 food, 750 goods, 1.3k mp, 750 money.
      HP: 15
      Which means for every point of health, it costs 33.3 food, 50 goods, 86.7 mp, and 50 money.

Militia:
      Costs 250 food, 250 goods, 1.3k mp, 500 money
      For every hp, it costs 16.7 food, 16.7 goods, 86.7 mp, and 33.3 money.

Motor inf:
      Costs 350 food, 750 goods, 1k mp, 500 oil, 1.75k money
      For every hp, it costs 23.3 food, 50 goods, 66.7 mp, and 116.7 money.

Judging from these numbers alone, one would easily say militia is the best, since all three types of infantry (I did not count mech inf as it belongs in the armored branch) have the same hp, but militia has the cheapest price. However, we are missing two major factors: speed and damage.

At max level (not including elite), militia has 15 speed (11 in mountains), attack to inf: 4.0, def to inf: 6.0.
      Inf: 25 speed (19 in mountains), attack to inf: 5.5, def to inf: 8.3
      Motor inf: 52 speed (65 in plains, 26 in mountains), attack to inf: 6.0, def to inf: 9.0

While from these above numbers, militia is by far the weakest and slowest of the three, even though it's the cheapest. It's a trade-off. When you want mass production using whatever limited resources you have, you sacrifice mobility and strength, and vice versa.

This is why CoW is not a simple game. There is no best or most efficient unit. One unit that is best for a certain strategy may be weak for another strategy. It all depends on what you like best. Personally, I liken the motor inf to the armor car but consuming food instead of metal in production, so I use it in low metal-producing countries.

Hope you find this helpful.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)