Adding R&R Options

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Adding R&R Options

Should CoW add R&R facilities 8
        Yes (5) 63%
        No (3) 38%
      Suggestion pertaining to unit morale.

CoW should add an option to build repair and recovery facilities across the map, in any province.

Consider this, currently you have but 2 options to improve the health and morale of a far flung unit: 1) Spend gold, or 2) Spend days for it to travel back to a home core province only to improve by +15% daily.

I propose players should have the ability to place units in R&R (Repair and Recovery) facilities. These would cost resources to build (perhaps comparable to infrastructure with similar stages of upgrade levels) plus resources and time toward the R&R (think unit upgrading in CoW 1.5).

Historically, this is within the scope of the game. During WWII, or any war for that matter, if a unit was engaged in combat and suffered extensive casualties or equipment loss/damage, they could be rotated off the line, grounded at the airfield, or held in harbor for R&R. Once back to an acceptable level, commanders in the field could order them back to combat.

I welcome the discussion on this topic.

Sincerely,
      WashingtonWarMachine
    • I wonder if rather than a facility simply to have as part of the computation, whether the unit moved or not.

For example: if it is in a province that it owns it is at 15xmorale of the province
      to which we ADD if the unit has not moved a second set of 15xmorale of the province so you could get up to 30%
      You would have to have the computer keep track of who moved but it might be a better function.

I do like the idea of naval bases having increased repair capacity, but in 1.5 it should be the naval base in Urban places as opposed to ports built around the invasion points.
    • It is NOT necessary for a unit to return to a core province to heal.

Daily replenishment of unit condition occurs at the same rate in any province that you control.

15% of the missing condition will be restored at day change. For a unit that is missing 10 hit points, 1.5 hit points will be restored.

Ships will heal anywhere, units on ocean convoy will not. Planes will not heal on carriers or if operating from an allied airbase.

Units in motion, on a road, or in combat will still heal at day change, as long as they are in a province that you have control of. They will not heal on enemy or allied lands.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I quickly want to point out another way to cheaply "repair" the unit : combine your unhealthy units with your healthy ones. They all become medium healthy... Just let everything under 40% die, but if it's above that combine it and you'll have increased health units. If you have stacks of fully healthy units, then the health will improve a lot. This is because units redistribute to be even among all units.
    • VorlonFCW,
      Thank you for the clarification.

I still maintain my suggestion that a more rapid option - aside from gold - is appropriate. There could be a special unit or building added specific to the purpose. And, as Valkyre pointed out in a private response, this should be applicable to naval and air bases. And as DoctorDr1 notes, this has been suggested many times before. Perhaps there is something to the idea then.

Still, truly appreciate the game. It's very addicting.

Cheers,
      WWM

VorlonFCW wrote:

It is NOT necessary for a unit to return to a core province to heal.

Daily replenishment of unit condition occurs at the same rate in any province that you control.

15% of the missing condition will be restored at day change. For a unit that is missing 10 hit points, 1.5 hit points will be restored.

Ships will heal anywhere, units on ocean convoy will not. Planes will not heal on carriers or if operating from an allied airbase.

Units in motion, on a road, or in combat will still heal at day change, as long as they are in a province that you have control of. They will not heal on enemy or allied lands.