Why do planes take damage if a unit cant even damage them?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why do planes take damage if a unit cant even damage them?

I launched Tac bombers from a carrier in a 1939 historic game and im attacking an armoured car with 2 tac bombers. They have lost 3 hp which is 17/20 (considering the new update just released) and it is a lv 1 armoured car. It cant even defend well against my tac bombers. Yet they lost 3 hp. Why would planes take damage if they cant even attack them in the first place?
    • All units (except airplane ground convoys) have an inherent defense value against planes. Think of it like the soldiers shooting their guns at the attacking planes. They may not do much damage, but they will do some.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • DoctorDR1 wrote:

All units (except airplane ground convoys) have an inherent defense value against planes. Think of it like the soldiers shooting their guns at the attacking planes. They may not do much damage, but they will do some.
      yea i get your example. But if that continues the way it is, one tac bomber vs 1 armoured car and loses 3 hp, i dread to think of what happens when the numbers increase.
    • In every battle there is an X-factor that means an attack might do from zero to 100% of the listed damage. This is in addition to the effects of terrain, forts, and home defense. Most likely, that is around the most damage that the AC will do against the tac.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • You can check the combat statistics of each unit either in the research menu or with the handy army info bar feature in 1.5 version games.

The rules of combat are fairly simple. Each unit can attack once per hour. ( plane direct attacks depend on refueling time). Attacks use the attacking stats. Close melee combat range is 5 klicks in any direction.

Each unit defends itself every single time it is attacked. Think of this as returning fire in response to incoming fire. This utilizes the defense stats.

Units can still launch an attack once per hour even if they are under attack.

So keep in mind that every time you launch an attack you will receive some damage in return. Check the stats of the target and check the stats of units within 5 klicks of the target as they will also be in the targeted area and will equally return fire.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<