Conflict of Nations: WW3

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Conflict of Nations: WW3

Has anyone here played the game? I recently tried it and it's 10 times far difficult compared to CoW 1.5. I also tried to access their forums but I am restricted. Anyways, putting that aside how do you rate the game?
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker
    • I am recently playing as the Philippines, Mali and Romania at a WWIII, 64 players. I usually play a lot of games at the same time for comparison of gameplay.

Philippines = Western
      Mali = European
      Romania = Eastern
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker
    • for phillipenes you need a lot of navy, and i would reccomend you use naval infantry. naval infantry is important because they are the only unit that can launch a naval landing in provinces without naval bases. start by building a few arms industries and naval bases to make some navy. don't use air units cause its completely crap. i would build army bases in the rest if your cities to make some recons. after a few days research naval infantry and during these days, make sure a few of your cities have the requirements for building naval infantry. i would reccomend invading vietnam or indonesia first. you need to build high level arms infantry in the city that produces fuel, cause you'll need a lot of that.

for Mali build army bases in all your cities and research recon and mech. infantry. build some arms industries in some cities and army base level 2 to make mech. infantry. try to attack ai first. i don't know much about this region cause i never played it before...

for romania you need main battle tanks mostly. try to join an europe coalition and attack bulgaria. once you get a few main battle tanks, attack one of your neighbors that go inactive.

some overall tips are that you shouldnt annex too many cities cause they cost too much and there are a lot of resource shortages. also arms industries are really important in your cities to get more resources.
    • I tried CoN personally didn’t like it I found to UI to be a bit overwhelming but at the time I was looking for a game I could grind for a few hours. Then I tried CoW and was drawn in by the feel of the game, it felt grounded, it didn’t feel over the top or unrealistic like CoN felt for me and it got me into the play for 5 mins check back in 2 hours types of games (This was before 1.5 btw). Later on I tried S1914 and again felt overwhelmed by the UI and didn’t last that long past the tutorial overall I like CoW’s strait forwards gameplay and the types of units feel appropriate for the setting.
      “If nature doesn’t kill us in the next few decades we will take matters into our own hands” -Habo778 (me)
    • New

Well I personally prefer CoN cuz I've played it for a longer time than CoW
      I somehow think that CoN is easier to understand but then maybe it's because I'm new to CoW
      History is always written by the victors.

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. --- Alexander the Great