Gold shaming and baseless accusations!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gold shaming and baseless accusations!

I have this recent game where I was called a gold dependent player. I mean it is not my fault if I used tactics and maneuvers that defeated his armies. Here are his reasons (player name and nation withheld) why I was using gold.

1. He sent five level 5 submarines against my 5 stack 45 percent health stack cruisers.

Defense: There were at least 4, 3 stacks battleships behind the cruiser plus 8 stack level 5 naval bombers joining the fray. He was salty his submarines lost. He sent them alone with no support.

His claims: Baseless!

2. I was producing units faster.

Defense: I have three provinces with level 4 tank factories producing tanks. Two level 4 barracks producing motorized infantry. And several production facilities away from the Frontline. His accusations is that every second I pump out units.

3. I was using gold in regenerating unit hp.

Defense: I was not even moving my units and was inactive for 2 or 3 hours interval. Yet I cannot even attend to my troops. I do not even have the time or liesure to babysit and heal them.

I do not think gold shaming should be encouraged. This is a toxic attempt to justify loss from a less skilled player against a better one.

I am even having difficulty in purchasing high command, let alone gold. How can I even use gold as recklessly as claimed.

That's all for my criticism regarding gold shaming. Thank you!
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker

The post was edited 1 time, last by KriegMaker ().

• First off, this is a really deadly weapon, but gold shaming is a legitimate reason to get the player reported, so if you feel you are being shamed, report the player. Second, it's usually very difficult to accumulate evidence that one has used gold, so you could use that as a strong argument (not that it will help you in gaining moral high ground). Finally, gold is and will be a very sensitive and controversial topic among players, but gold shaming WITHOUT EVIDENCE will backfire. This is like the second point, but use this to your favor.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • I will report this matter and his article when our net connection gets better.

- Sun Tzu

-Krieg Maker

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker
    • Report the player and ignore the rest of his/her messages if they are just gold accusations.

Little Racoon wrote:

... but gold shaming WITHOUT EVIDENCE will backfire...

I agree with Racoon except for this part.

Doesn't matter if the user uses gold or not. It can be very extreme at times but even then you are in no way obligated to play on the same map if it's too extreme usage. Not like extreme usage is on every map and some games can be won without interacting with the gold user.

It's just a game and some people sitting in front of the game 7/24 taking it too serious to scream "you use real life currency hngggghhh" does not make it any less of an entertainment tool.

Edit: ignore the font I'm on mobile
    • vyliance wrote:

KriegMaker wrote:

Two level 4 barracks
      i suppose you are talking about CoW 1.5?
      Yes, it's on 1.5

- Sun Tzu

-Krieg Maker

-Krieg Maker

-Krieg Maker